Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 12:35:31 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Stats  (Read 4773 times)

rtid88

• Forum Member
Re: Stats
« Reply #30 on November 04, 2011, 09:16:07 pm by rtid88 »
Eight good reasons why we hired Saunders are:

1) He is used to working on a small budget (Obviously the same as SOD).
2) He had managed to get Wrexham to the top of the conference, a league that we know is very difficult to get out of.
3) He was a great player, and could teach a lot of our players a great deal.
4) He has coaching experience at lots of different levels, Premier League, International and Conference
5) He has a huge interest in the youth setup of Doncaster Rovers, something that SOD was not the slightest bit interested in, he brought through 5-6 youth players in his second season at Wrexham that went on to sign for Premier League Clubs
6) He has the ears of every premier league manager and contacts all around the world.
7) The press like him which has got to be good for promoting the team and instilling a pride into the team and the players, something that SOD totally lacked.
and 8) He wants to bring the Reserve team back, which so many have complained about us not having since it was scrapped under SOD.

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on November 05, 2011, 05:39:36 am by Mr1Croft »
Quote from: \"benaldo\" post=196891
For the sake of repeating the obvious.....

What the hell is wrong with supporting what JR, Saunders, and Rovers are trying to do?? I just don't get it. Everyone is, of course, more than entitled to their opinions, like who's a good player, if the formations are good, the state of the burgers, but I don't get why people can't support a new regime?

We have some excellent new players in Chimbonda, Illunga and Diouf, new hope, a model to do things differently and one which gives hope, yet some people can't just trust JR!! It's bloody weird. And a little disrespectful considering the way in which John Ryan has saved the life of this club!

Stat all you like, but at the end of it all, you either support Rovers right now or you don't.

Firstly Benaldo; we are stakeholders in DRFC, without support the game wouldn't be what it is (probably less corrupt with no money), therefore if we think that something is wrong we have th right to say so. How is being against the new regime different from questioning a manager's approach to substitutions or a players lack of ability? If we think it is going to affect the club than we can sure as hell question it. Just as I could say \"Your supporting a stratergy that could ruin the club, you are not showing your true support for DRFC by supporting this\" However I don't.

That is the problem it isn't a 'new' model it is just untested, McKat has approached different clubs only we have said yes. It's like proposing Communism over Capitalism, living in a world where everything is rationed and there is no choice in anything, no competition to get the highest paid job compared to the Capitalism which promoted competition and gives us choice in our lifestyles including jobs, food, clothes, even chuffing the choice of a starbucks or Costa.

Just like above when a new model is brought in you have 3 sets of people; those who think we should test it and jump on the bandwagon. Those who are slightly against it, but think we should try it non the less, and those that think it is a recipe for disaster and we shouldn't touch it with a barge pole. Regardless of what they think they all are united in having the best interests of the club at heart, so to say they are not supporting DRFC is very disrespectful when they only voice their opinions for the good of the club. When Hessletine spoke out against Thatcher and challanged her did that make him any less of a Tory?

Yeah John Ryan saved the club, he poured his money and soul into it and revived (well took over from Ian McMahon and the [strike]Irish[/strike] Consortium) the club, but that doesn't mean he should be un-touchable.

How can we trust him? After the sacking of SOD (well we don't know even he has said gardening leave and then sacked) he kept continally saying different things in his interveiws, the same with McKay. He can't keep a story straight, one minute were buying the Keepmoat and all the investors are backing the club, the next we find one investor has pulled the plug.

Just for the record; The players are NOT DRFC, Dean Saunders is NOT DRFC, Willie McKay is NOT DRFC and John Ryan is NOT DRFC.

DRFC is a badge; a symbol of pride, your football team who you chosen to support, just because you don't like something (from ticket pricing to Marketing stratergy to the Manager) does not make any of us any less of a fan.

We, the fans are DRFC

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on November 05, 2011, 05:49:02 am by Mr1Croft »
Quote from: \"rtid88\" post=196985
Eight good reasons why we hired Saunders are:

1) He is used to working on a small budget (Obviously the same as SOD).
2) He had managed to get Wrexham to the top of the conference, a league that we know is very difficult to get out of.
3) He was a great player, and could teach a lot of our players a great deal.
4) He has coaching experience at lots of different levels, Premier League, International and Conference
5) He has a huge interest in the youth setup of Doncaster Rovers, something that SOD was not the slightest bit interested in, he brought through 5-6 youth players in his second season at Wrexham that went on to sign for Premier League Clubs
6) He has the ears of every premier league manager and contacts all around the world.
7) The press like him which has got to be good for promoting the team and instilling a pride into the team and the players, something that SOD totally lacked.
and 8) He wants to bring the Reserve team back, which so many have complained about us not having since it was scrapped under SOD.

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

2008/2009: Dean Saunders arrives at Wrexham in September, they are faviourites for Promotion they finish 10th.
2009./2010: Again considered string faviourites to win promotion. They finish 11th and the fans call for his head as Wrexham throw more games away (winning position to lose) than any of their other results.
2010/2011: Again faviourites and they finish 4th and lose the play-offs.
2010/2012: 93 transfers later they finally claim 1st place (for now) and then left for DRFC.

How can you call that a good reason. On that logic we will finish 9 places below our prediction (which is already 24th) and 10 places the next season, before finally looking like Championship Relegation candidates.

I'm not saying that will happen I'm saying your deluded to think he achieved anything other than creating a team record of losing the most points from winning positions at half time.

It's like getting rid of Sully in the net and sticking Gary Woods there, has a quick impact (Burnley) before looking like a suicide mission...

southwestexile

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on November 05, 2011, 09:35:43 am by southwestexile »
Didn't we start off our 2008/09 revival knocking in 4 at Forrest?  I'd love to see that again with their new tossbag of a manager.

And don't forget, no matter how bad things appear at DRFC, at least we're not Leicester - waiting for Roy Keane?

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on November 05, 2011, 09:56:49 am by rtid88 »
Is John Ryan not a fan then??

inSODwetrust

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on November 07, 2011, 08:44:00 am by inSODwetrust »
Quote from: \"benaldo\" post=196891
For the sake of repeating the obvious.....

What the hell is wrong with supporting what JR, Saunders, and Rovers are trying to do?? I just don't get it. Everyone is, of course, more than entitled to their opinions, like who's a good player, if the formations are good, the state of the burgers, but I don't get why people can't support a new regime?

We have some excellent new players in Chimbonda, Illunga and Diouf, new hope, a model to do things differently and one which gives hope, yet some people can't just trust JR!! It's bloody weird. And a little disrespectful considering the way in which John Ryan has saved the life of this club!

Stat all you like, but at the end of it all, you either support Rovers right now or you don't.

Let's leave it at that then.........

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on November 07, 2011, 09:55:37 am by The L J Monk »
Quote from: \"Donnybob\" post=196970
Would you be happy to let a student dentist do your root canal work or would you opt for someone with a little practical experience of what's involved?

I'm not a fan of the situation but this comparison is unjustified.

Saunders is not a \"student\" in so far as he has received his UEFA pro licence and he has completed the same course at Warwick that Sean spoke so highly of.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on November 07, 2011, 10:31:51 am by Alickismyhero »
Mr1Croft,
I think you have presented a balanced view of the present situation at the club and I can definitely identify myself with your view.
When it comes to JR I think everyone appreciates what he has done for the club but when it comes to power there is the old maxim:

\"power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely\"

Caveat emptor.

I hope we can look back and say it was the right thing to do because:

1.The budget is down to a manageable level.
2.We are still in the Championship.
3. Sean and Richard get their pay off having started a very successful landscaping business and taking over at Portsmouth.
4.The future is bright and sustainable.

Rosey

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on November 07, 2011, 11:23:55 am by Rosey »
Quote from: \"inSODwetrust\" post=196861
Quote from: \"rtid88\" post=196849
WTF!!!! :facepalm:
If that's the case why don't u go and support the team that Dave Penney is managing.... Ooo wait a minute right he is not in a job at the minute cause he has made a balls up of his last 3 jobs!!!

Did exceptionally well at Darlington actually, very unlucky not to gain promotion with them! :byebye

Dean Saunders has brought nothing to the club as of yet, except 3 black men[/b][/b]! As for Brian Carey, he is non-existant on the touch-line, and to say he was a defender in his playing days, why are we conceding too many goals!?

Also why didn't we go through an interview process for Saunders, or is just how our club is run now?

WILLIE McKAY'S RED AND WHITE ARMY!

I think this post is very worrying

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on November 07, 2011, 12:30:02 pm by drfcsteve »
Quote from: \"The L J Monk\" post=197464
Quote from: \"Donnybob\" post=196970
Would you be happy to let a student dentist do your root canal work or would you opt for someone with a little practical experience of what's involved?

I'm not a fan of the situation but this comparison is unjustified.

Saunders is not a \"student\" in so far as he has received his UEFA pro licence and he has completed the same course at Warwick that Sean spoke so highly of.

I don't think the comparison is unjust, a student dentist and an experienced dentist learn exactly the same thing at dentistry school, but you would still rather the experienced dentist be working on you.

Sean and Dean might have been on the same course at Warwick but Sean has been able to apply this knowledge in 594 games in the football league, Dean had been able to apply this knowledge in 0.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on November 07, 2011, 12:32:35 pm by RobTheRover »
Quote from: \"Alickismyhero\" post=197468
Mr1Croft,
I think you have presented a balanced view of the present situation at the club and I can definitely identify myself with your view.
When it comes to JR I think everyone appreciates what he has done for the club but when it comes to power there is the old maxim:

\"power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely\"

Caveat emptor.

I hope we can look back and say it was the right thing to do because:

1.The budget is down to a manageable level.
2.We are still in the Championship.
3. Sean and Richard get their pay off having started a very successful landscaping business and taking over at Portsmouth.
4.The future is bright and sustainable.

PMSL!  It's many years since I studied Business Law but that is quite possibly the funniest post in this ridiculously-subverted thead.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on November 07, 2011, 01:06:25 pm by Alickismyhero »
Rob,
Why do you consider it to be \"ridiculously subversive thread\"?

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on November 07, 2011, 01:22:17 pm by vaya »
Quote from: \"Alickismyhero\" post=197511
Rob,
Why do you consider it to be \"ridiculously subversive thread\"?

I’m wearing a balaclava and red nose whilst reading it – does that count?

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on November 07, 2011, 01:47:05 pm by Alickismyhero »
Wow, that was funny!

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on November 07, 2011, 02:27:43 pm by vaya »
Quote from: \"Alickismyhero\" post=197523
Wow, that was funny!

Thanks, I’m not convinced in retrospect though – part of me wishes I’d gone with the original idea of \"...ETA-style handkerchief and plastic breasts”

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on November 07, 2011, 03:32:14 pm by Alickismyhero »
Is there no limit?

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on November 07, 2011, 03:47:47 pm by vaya »
Quote from: \"Alickismyhero\" post=197534
Is there no limit?

I was worried that I’d peaked as well, but I’ve been working on some more: