Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 03:01:51 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Loan to Permanent  (Read 2352 times)

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
Loan to Permanent
« on January 28, 2020, 10:12:49 am by Alan Southstand »
Just thinking ahead to the summer and all the possible upheaval to come (again). On that theme, I would think that 2 out of our current 4 loanees have to be prime candidates for becoming permanent players and part of our long term strategy, they are Dieng and Sheaf.

Of course, I’d love the 2 Wolves lads as well, but don’t see them as realistic for us, unfortunately.

We also have a number of our own lads to sort out, so the summer is going to be very busy.

Back to the present, another couple of good, solid acquisitions this week could put us right in the melting pot. Here’s hoping!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Re: Loan to Permanent
« Reply #1 on January 28, 2020, 10:33:37 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Far too early to say. If we were to achieve promotion then DM will need to overhaul the squad anyway.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 28, 2020, 10:44:26 am by RoversAlias »
I would really like to see us bring Dieng and Sheaf in permanently. Would be worth the transfer fees I feel, they are both players who could progress to the Championship with us no problem.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 28, 2020, 11:04:50 am by sedwardsdrfc »
QPR's 1st choice keeper must be brilliant if they've loaned Dieng out. If we can get him it'd be huge. I reckon if we want to we can get Sheaf he's a good player and obviously going to be leaving Arsenal. He's also not playing in a glamour position where it's easy to be spotted by other clubs so similar to when we got Whiteman.

While we say the two Wolves lads are out of reach Ennis is hardly setting the league alight in terms of goals and John is good but not 1st choice here so maybe Wolves would consider selling for a small fee... a long shot   

5 on Tour

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 28, 2020, 11:09:27 am by 5 on Tour »
I think Sheaf and Dieng could be available. Ennis would be a stretch IMO. While John might not be getting into the Wolves team he’s got people looking at him from the Championship so we would, presumably, be priced out of him.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 28, 2020, 05:17:48 pm by mrfrostsdad »
I'd be amazed if Dieng doesn't sign for a Championship club is we don't get promoted

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 28, 2020, 05:31:51 pm by Campsall rover »
I'd be amazed if Dieng doesn't sign for a Championship club is we don't get promoted
If we don’t get promoted then DM needs to do a fantastic sales pitch on Deing to persuade him to stay with us if QPR are willing to sell or loan him again.
It would be almost impossible to get a better keeper at this level.
Having him between the sticks next season could very easily be the difference between getting promoted or not.
That’s how highly i rate him.
Always assuming he hasn’t helped us get promoted this season.
Top keepers are worth a minimum of 15 points a season.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 28, 2020, 05:34:04 pm by Chris Black come back »
Keepers are a special case, in many ways. To be able to get a starting berth is a huge attraction, even if the team is only modestly competitive. A left back can maybe play left wing or right back - a keeper can only be a keeper and it is a long wait for someone to get injured or lose form.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 29, 2020, 09:44:02 am by mrfrostsdad »
Keepers are a special case, in many ways. To be able to get a starting berth is a huge attraction, even if the team is only modestly competitive. A left back can maybe play left wing or right back - a keeper can only be a keeper and it is a long wait for someone to get injured or lose form.

I think in the minds of most footballers/football managers it's not as big an attraction as getting at least twice as much money as playing in the Championship

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 29, 2020, 10:27:32 am by pib »
I'm not sure it'll be as easy to get Dieng as people might think.

From what I've seen/read of QPR they are missing a trick with him, as I don't think their other 'keepers have been outstanding.

Either way, his ability won't be going unnoticed by other clubs, so we will have to be decisive to get him in on a permanent I would imagine.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on January 29, 2020, 10:36:49 am by IDM »
But with a keeper, he can be offered the number 1 slot (subject to injury and form) so he may go where he is almost guaranteed to play.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 29, 2020, 11:59:17 am by pib »
I'm sure he would get into plenty of teams in this league as #1.

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on January 29, 2020, 12:15:31 pm by Mike_F »
Of all the loanees I would say Dieng is the one we'd be least likely to have a chance of signing, Closely followed by John. He's turned in numerous excellent performances and must be attracting attention elsewhere. If we could sign him it wold be a massive coup.

Reesielad

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 29, 2020, 12:36:01 pm by Reesielad »
Of all the loanees I would say Dieng is the one we'd be least likely to have a chance of signing, Closely followed by John. He's turned in numerous excellent performances and must be attracting attention elsewhere. If we could sign him it wold be a massive coup.

He might like it here, might feel valued under DM. You never know what a player is thinking. Depends if he’s willing to take a chance under a new manager and prove himself elsewhere or just settle where he is as our number one. I’m sure back when we got Sullivan he could of played at a ‘bigger’ club but obviously chose to stay here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TinyPortal © 2005-2012