Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 02:52:42 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Embarrassing  (Read 5894 times)

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
Embarrassing
« on January 28, 2020, 10:27:50 pm by Copps is Magic »
Listen. I watched it on iPlayer. All you lot in the crowd shouting get it forward and moaning at EVERY single backwards pass really need to check yourself. You came over loud and clear, the only thing you can hear on the audio, in fact.

God only knows what the players and manager must think stood there listening to that.

You're there to support.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Spilsby Red

• Forum Member
Re: Embarrassing
« Reply #1 on January 28, 2020, 10:46:21 pm by Spilsby Red »
Agree. Unfortunately people don’t see the fact that to move forward you might have to go backward to get forward and keep possession

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 28, 2020, 10:47:59 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I'm glad you posted that first. Just got in and was about to have a rant.

When we try to work the ball and make a mistake, it's moan and groan. In fact half of them are moaning even before we make a mistake, yet when we have a good passage of play they don't clap or cheer. The only time they show approval is when we score.

It beggars belief at times, especially when we're 2-0 up. I shudder to think what DM makes of it.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 28, 2020, 10:48:15 pm by RoversAlias »
You're right CiM, it was very noticeable watching on iFollow. I find it rather frustrating.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on January 28, 2020, 10:49:17 pm by silent majority »
I must be going deaf, I never heard a thing.

A few moans with misplaced passes, but nothing more than that.

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on January 28, 2020, 10:53:35 pm by roversontheup »
There’s a guy sat a couple of rows in front of me in East Stand who was almost apoplectic. Just yells to get the ball forward. I seriously worry for his health!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on January 28, 2020, 10:54:20 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Listen. I watched it on iPlayer. All you lot in the crowd shouting get it forward and moaning at EVERY single backwards pass really need to check yourself. You came over loud and clear, the only thing you can hear on the audio, in fact.

God only knows what the players and manager must think stood there listening to that.

You're there to support.

I'm away with work and watched on iFollow.

Immediately after we scored the first, we played a couple of sideways passes in midfield, resulting in a scream from someone in the West Stand of "FORRRRAAAAAD!'

Come on. You know who you are.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 28, 2020, 10:56:25 pm by drfchound »
We created some of our best shooting opportunities tonight from playing it short at the back to begin things.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 28, 2020, 11:00:36 pm by Copps is Magic »
They should put some kind of manual on the back of season tickets.

"Stay calm, reasons for passing it backwards"

1. Laying it off to a player facing forward to pick a pass
2. Creating space
3. Taking pressure off the team
4. ...

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 28, 2020, 11:01:26 pm by mushRTID »
Didn’t hear much negative in the south stand around me.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on January 28, 2020, 11:03:50 pm by Filo »
I’m in the west, apart from a few moans and groans when passes are misplaced I did n’t hear any gerrit foraad shouts

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on January 28, 2020, 11:06:06 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I’m in the west, apart from a few moans and groans when passes are misplaced I did n’t hear any gerrit foraad shouts

If he wasn't in the West Stand, I feel for his neighbours when his kids play up.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 11:09:07 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on January 28, 2020, 11:07:25 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

Lucky you. Must have just been me surrounded then!

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on January 28, 2020, 11:15:30 pm by Not Now Kato »
Nope.  Lots in front of me in the West Stand - back behind the dugouts!

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on January 28, 2020, 11:24:26 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
Clowns who don't understand football. Simple as that. Pay money to shout b*llocks. Fair play.

Tiddysdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on January 28, 2020, 11:31:40 pm by Tiddysdad »

I attended tonight's game and sat in west stand for the first time in ages and the old chap sat behind me nearly bust my ears shouting get it forward. Everyone kept laughing at him saying he's at it again. This just encourage him to do it more.
Never any praise.

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on January 28, 2020, 11:32:01 pm by Drover »
Jeezus,fans Moaning about fans moaning, :facepalm: :whistle: :lol:

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on January 28, 2020, 11:53:28 pm by keith79 »
I like the fact people who are sat at home are moaning about the people who went.  Unbelievable.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on January 29, 2020, 12:17:47 am by Copps is Magic »
I like the fact people who are sat at home are moaning about the people who went.  Unbelievable.

I don't live in the country. I still put money into the club and will get to some games regardless.

Your comment is a perfect illustration of the issue. Some kind of deeply ingrained childlike pathologic right that people think they have that, just by being in the stadium, they can shout counter-productive, inane shite for 90 minutes.

Get you moans out on here and all your tactical musings also but keep your anti-support out of the ground.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on January 29, 2020, 01:13:58 am by RoversAlias »

This was the first home league game I've missed all season. Couldn't get there midweek from 120 miles away. Paid £10 to spend the evening watching the game on my television.

The only other two people who have posted in here that weren't at the game were CiM, who as he says isn't in the country, and BST, who was away with work and most definitely attends usually. Several others in here have indicated they noticed the same things from being at the match.

So I'm not sure what your point is.

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on January 29, 2020, 06:35:51 am by Herbert Anchovy »
Wow!! Some very harsh comments on here! When I’m at a game I generally think and act with spontaneity rather than any considered logic. Consequently the stuff I shout and bellow is quite often crap. Spontaneous crap. But crap all the same.

I’m the fan who used to shout at McCindoe to ‘pass and move’ a second before he effortlessly glided past an opposition full back with the ball stuck to his feet. I’m the fan who shouted to Kieran Brady ‘don’t try it from there for Christ’s sake’ a second before he hit a 30 yard rocket into the top corner of the Scunny goal. I’m the fan who shouted to Steve Lister to ‘get bloody rid of it and kick it into the stand’ before he nutmegged an opposing centre forward and laid in a dream pass for Ian Nimmo to score. I’m also the fan who’ll shout at the players ‘don’t dick about with it there’ while we play around with it at the back!

None of this is thought through or considered. I just shout whatever comes into my head at that moment and if anyone doesn’t like it or if I’m wrong (which I usually am) then tough titties really.

5 on Tour

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on January 29, 2020, 07:21:42 am by 5 on Tour »
Also watching from home and it appears to be the same bloke for all 90 minutes. Constantly shouting get it up. When Halliday collected the ball in the centre circle and passed back to Dieng he sounded like he was going to explode. Sads played a pass square and it was intercepted mid way through the first half and I learnt some new swear words from him.

People need to enjoy the game and calm down. I assume we all go for enjoyment anyway.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on January 29, 2020, 07:23:35 am by drfchound »
Wow!! Some very harsh comments on here! When I’m at a game I generally think and act with spontaneity rather than any considered logic. Consequently the stuff I shout and bellow is quite often crap. Spontaneous crap. But crap all the same.

I’m the fan who used to shout at McCindoe to ‘pass and move’ a second before he effortlessly glided past an opposition full back with the ball stuck to his feet. I’m the fan who shouted to Kieran Brady ‘don’t try it from there for Christ’s sake’ a second before he hit a 30 yard rocket into the top corner of the Scunny goal. I’m the fan who shouted to Steve Lister to ‘get bloody rid of it and kick it into the stand’ before he nutmegged an opposing centre forward and laid in a dream pass for Ian Nimmo to score. I’m also the fan who’ll shout at the players ‘don’t dick about with it there’ while we play around with it at the back!

None of this is thought through or considered. I just shout whatever comes into my head at that moment and if anyone doesn’t like it or if I’m wrong (which I usually am) then tough titties really.

I have to say that your post made me chuckle HA.
Admirable honesty. 😂

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on January 29, 2020, 07:34:00 am by idler »
I think that the ones who get frustrated are probably pessimists who are always scared of us conceding.
I had given my free tickets away as we got back after a ten hour flight yesterday morning. I watched most of it on ifollow but it had the Southend commentary on for some reason. They were terribly biased. Their goal was called a slight deflection. They also kept getting Sadlier who they called Sadler mixed up with Copps and even said it was Sadlier hitting the post. They also got him mixed up and gave him credit for a couple of Halliday runs near the box.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on January 29, 2020, 07:42:00 am by vaya »
In a similar vein, big shout out to the bloke down in front of me in the West Stand who after 14 minutes bellowed out "Where's your game plan Moore!!??"

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on January 29, 2020, 09:05:36 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
I get it that people pay their money and have a right to shout whatever but its about balance and surely, if you shout a bit of criticism, you should also be prepared to praise and show encouragement.

I may be wrong and have unrealistic expectations of the fans around me but I think this group of players deserve a bit of slack and not be too harsh on them.

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on January 29, 2020, 10:48:47 am by keith79 »

This was the first home league game I've missed all season. Couldn't get there midweek from 120 miles away. Paid £10 to spend the evening watching the game on my television.

The only other two people who have posted in here that weren't at the game were CiM, who as he says isn't in the country, and BST, who was away with work and most definitely attends usually. Several others in here have indicated they noticed the same things from being at the match.

So I'm not sure what your point is.
maybe people who go should sit in silence for the risk upsetting  you.

5 on Tour

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on January 29, 2020, 11:12:32 am by 5 on Tour »

You’re spot on Keith. Fans who travel home and away and never miss matches stay at home for one game - in my case due to having my leg in a cast - and we lose our right to views and opinions.

Get a grip!

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on January 29, 2020, 11:16:23 am by Copps is Magic »
maybe people who go should sit in silence for the risk upsetting  you.

Maybe moaning isn't the only noise you can make in a stadium.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwmeH6Rnj2E

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on January 29, 2020, 11:17:51 am by keith79 »
Hahaha cats

TinyPortal © 2005-2012