Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 01:14:57 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: James and Halliday  (Read 3000 times)

mushRTID

• Forum Member
James and Halliday
« on January 28, 2020, 11:00:23 pm by mushRTID »
Absolutely brilliant, the best pair of full backs since Roberts and O’Connor.

Gotta thank you for these ones Grant.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: James and Halliday
« Reply #1 on January 28, 2020, 11:06:45 pm by drfchound »
Agree with this.
James was superb tonight, my MoM.
Halliday gets a fair bit of stick from some people near us in the South but most of it is unfair and they just keep quiet when he does his good stuff.

CJK

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 28, 2020, 11:09:02 pm by CJK »
James a contender for MOM for me as well. After the Andrew saga in the summer we’ve definitely come out on top, he’s a much better all round player.

Still to be convinced on Halliday, he’s fairly good defensively but doesn’t have the awareness and decision making up the other end of the field. Still young and plenty of time to develop.

Scooter

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on January 28, 2020, 11:09:49 pm by Scooter »
I think they are both having a good season. They just quietly go about their jobs with no fuss. Both very good tonight

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on January 28, 2020, 11:21:07 pm by Filo »
Halliday is our most improved player in my opinion, when he first came I thought he was n’t up to the job and the step up from L2 was too much for him, but he’s come on leaps and bounds as the season has progressed

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 28, 2020, 11:22:20 pm by Campsall rover »
Been saying for several months these two are the best pair since O’Connor & Roberts.

James form has improved markedly in the last few games after a dip in form before Christmas. Brad Halliday is Mr Consistent. How any one can criticise him is ridiculous.
He is a 7/10 player week in week out imo.

Very difficult to name m.o.m. But just go for James ahead of Sadlier, Halliday, Anderson & John.
This defence we have are seriously formidable and are now giving Quinn, McCombe, Jones & Spurr a run for their money.

Things are looking very positive with the addition of a new front man and if we can get 2 more additions in this week then a play off place is there for the taking.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 11:24:38 pm by Campsall rover »

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 28, 2020, 11:23:02 pm by Alan Southstand »
Halliday motm for me.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 28, 2020, 11:41:23 pm by Campsall rover »
Halliday motm for me.
Alan apparently someone on here thinks he was crap.
Anderson followed by Deing & Halliday are the three most consistent players we have this season.
All of them are 7/8/9 out of 10 every single match.

Halliday i agree was excellent again tonight. Just behind James for m.o.m. imo.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 28, 2020, 11:46:18 pm by Alan Southstand »
Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but only mine is correct!

;)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 28, 2020, 11:50:06 pm by Campsall rover »

;)
Your wrong Alan it’s mine.  :facepalm:  :)

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on January 29, 2020, 07:21:55 am by idler »

;)
I was married to somebody like that for 25 years.☹️

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 29, 2020, 07:38:13 am by Padge_DRFC »
James is light years better than Gareth Roberts. Going to be hard to overtake O'Connor. Would have got in most Championship sides at his peak.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 29, 2020, 07:46:50 am by Chris Black come back »
They are both very good. Think they are both just shy of Roberts and Jimmy though at present, not least as the latter proved themselves in the Championship over a number of seasons.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 04:04:18 pm by Chris Black come back »

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on January 29, 2020, 08:08:08 am by IDM »

;)
I was married to somebody like that for 25 years.☹️

“Was”..

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on January 29, 2020, 08:12:52 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
James reminds me of Enda Stevens. Good without being spectacular but look where Stevens is now. He got there by being very consistent, and just improving bit by bit on and off the ball. James has the same potential to go a long way.

Halliday showed last night he can make strong runs in behind defences and was even coming inside to receive the ball which is a nightmare for defenders when you've got an extra man coming at you. James is well capable of doing the same.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on January 29, 2020, 09:07:22 am by Campsall rover »
James is light years better than Gareth Roberts. Going to be hard to overtake O'Connor. Would have got in most Championship sides at his peak.
Light years better than Gareth Roberts. That’s one heck of a statement.
Can’t say i agree with you. Gareth Roberts was a proper full back. Very hard to get past.
I can only remember one player giving him a torrid time. Lloyd Dyer for Swansea at the Keepmoat.
Think we got beat 4-0 or 4-1.

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on January 29, 2020, 12:19:53 pm by Mike_F »
Halliday is our most improved player in my opinion, when he first came I thought he was n’t up to the job and the step up from L2 was too much for him, but he’s come on leaps and bounds as the season has progressed

I'd second that, Filo. He's really impressed me as the season has worn on. First touch is a bit of a weakness at times but the way he runs inside with the ball creates space for Taylor on the flank and he often picks well-weighted attacking passes. Occasionally get's caught in possession at the back but he's just kept on improving and long may that continue.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on January 29, 2020, 12:43:17 pm by RoversAlias »
Light years better than Gareth Roberts. That’s one heck of a statement.
Can’t say i agree with you. Gareth Roberts was a proper full back. Very hard to get past.
I can only remember one player giving him a torrid time. Lloyd Dyer for Swansea at the Keepmoat.
Think we got beat 4-0 or 4-1.

Nathan Dyer you mean, but you are right.

Unless Roberto Carlos is going to rock up at the Keepmoat, I doubt we'll ever see a left back "lightyears better" than Gareth Roberts at Rovers. He was class in pretty much every aspect of his game, a real gem of a player and paired superbly with Jimmy O.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on January 29, 2020, 12:44:04 pm by IDM »

I'd second that, Filo. He's really impressed me as the season has worn on. First touch is a bit of a weakness at times but the way he runs inside with the ball creates space for Taylor on the flank and he often picks well-weighted attacking passes. Occasionally get's caught in possession at the back but he's just kept on improving and long may that continue.

Would like to see him shoot more..

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on January 29, 2020, 12:53:37 pm by Pancho Regan »

You beat me to it IDM.
He puts in some really good runs inside from the right and I'd like to see him have a shot or two.

Regarding Reece James - great work by him to get the ball through to Ennis for the first goal.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on January 29, 2020, 12:55:34 pm by NickDRFC »

I wouldn’t. The only times he really gets in shooting territory he’s still 30 yards out and often wide, I’ve no idea what his long range shooting is like but given he doesn’t do it then I’d imagine it’s not great. I’ve no qualms with Sadlier or Whiteman taking potshots from range but I think more often than not it would be a waste for Halliday to.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on January 29, 2020, 01:21:41 pm by IDM »
When he has run clear to the corner of the penalty area sometimes it’s worth having a go.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on January 29, 2020, 05:34:17 pm by i_ateallthepies »

Get yourself to the quack's for a checkup if you really think he's remotely ahead of Gareth Roberts.  "Light years"???  Yea right!

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on January 29, 2020, 07:13:19 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

Get yourself to the quack's for a checkup if you really think he's remotely ahead of Gareth Roberts.  "Light years"???  Yea right!

Any player getting into that sort of range should be prepared, and want to have a go. He has had some shots just wide of the target so he has got it in him. Like everything else, practice, practice, practice.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on January 29, 2020, 09:52:46 pm by Padge_DRFC »

How's your son Gareth Roberts?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012