Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 01:38:56 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Fejiri Okenabirhie  (Read 18777 times)

Jonathan

• Forum Member
Re: Fejiri Okenabirhie
« Reply #120 on January 30, 2020, 10:55:01 pm by Jonathan »
Can somebody enlighten me as to how any of the people criticising Blunt onow what he does and doesn't do in his role? What is he doing wrong to merit this stuff being spouted on here?

Is it purely because he doesn't come out and speak to the press every other week like John Ryan used to do when he was chairman?

It really does baffle me.

I have concern that he’s something of a jarring presence within the club, not necessarily fully engaged in translating the vision of the owners. I don’t say that on a whim, it’s based on bits and pieces I’ve picked up in a variety of places and there’s no need to share where, or any benefit in doing so - nobody will prove anything either way on an internet forum. But seeing as you asked, I provided an answer from my own perspective.

I’m not sure that negotiations have always progressed at the pace that Darren Moore would have preferred. My reservation is with the role of Blunt in that process. It would be interesting to hear of the last two managers’ experiences under him...

I’m not expecting another John Ryan figure, not at all, but maybe Mr Blunt would benefit from giving an interview or two to demonstrate his interest in the football club, if indeed he is interested. We know that Bramall, Watson and Baldwin are.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 11:01:08 pm by Jonathan »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #121 on January 30, 2020, 10:59:12 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
I'm just waiting to see how Johnny Rovers spins this into an attack on Blunt

Well he's certainly kept us hanging throughout the whole of January.

Praise goes to Darren and his staff for seeking out the targets landing some players that will give us extra options both short term and long term.

But let's not hide from the fact it's taken far too long to get our act together when it comes to re-signing and new signings. The jury is still out on Blunt and how he chairs the day to day running of the club.

And on a final note, inside info isn't exclusively gifted to the fans director who loves a good old "and how would you?"

The privy council of DRFC is a live and well 😉

As I said to you before, go away and find out what a Chairman's job actually is before whinging about Blunt.

It is painfully obvious you haven't bothered to do that, so now just go away. And inflict your miserable ignorance on somebody else.

He's in charge of running the football club. Please enlighten me if you think his day to day duties include being the janitor too.

The only job a Chairman has is to Chair Board Meetings.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #122 on January 30, 2020, 11:00:44 pm by Lesonthewest »
Great signing & really positive news, it has been needed since the loss of Marquis, so well done to the board & everyone concerned at DRFC. Onwards & upwards.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #123 on January 30, 2020, 11:03:08 pm by Jonathan »
I'm just waiting to see how Johnny Rovers spins this into an attack on Blunt

Well he's certainly kept us hanging throughout the whole of January.

Praise goes to Darren and his staff for seeking out the targets landing some players that will give us extra options both short term and long term.

But let's not hide from the fact it's taken far too long to get our act together when it comes to re-signing and new signings. The jury is still out on Blunt and how he chairs the day to day running of the club.

And on a final note, inside info isn't exclusively gifted to the fans director who loves a good old "and how would you?"

The privy council of DRFC is a live and well 😉

As I said to you before, go away and find out what a Chairman's job actually is before whinging about Blunt.

It is painfully obvious you haven't bothered to do that, so now just go away. And inflict your miserable ignorance on somebody else.

He's in charge of running the football club. Please enlighten me if you think his day to day duties include being the janitor too.

The only job a Chairman has is to Chair Board Meetings.

Sorry Glyn, but that’s rubbish.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #125 on January 30, 2020, 11:39:40 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Let's just have a real think about this. Think of all the transfer dealings, loans and permanent, and contract renewals etc etc during Blunts tenure, is there any real evidence that successive managers have not brought in players they wanted, or wanted to keep albeit taking into account the budget limits?

I have no idea how Blunt is perceived within the club as an individual or as a chairman but if he was acting inappropriately, preventing the club from operating to it's best potential then I think he would have been outed before now.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #126 on January 31, 2020, 01:33:33 am by RoversAlias »
Can somebody enlighten me as to how any of the people criticising Blunt onow what he does and doesn't do in his role? What is he doing wrong to merit this stuff being spouted on here?

Is it purely because he doesn't come out and speak to the press every other week like John Ryan used to do when he was chairman?

It really does baffle me.

I have concern that he’s something of a jarring presence within the club, not necessarily fully engaged in translating the vision of the owners. I don’t say that on a whim, it’s based on bits and pieces I’ve picked up in a variety of places and there’s no need to share where, or any benefit in doing so - nobody will prove anything either way on an internet forum. But seeing as you asked, I provided an answer from my own perspective.

I’m not sure that negotiations have always progressed at the pace that Darren Moore would have preferred. My reservation is with the role of Blunt in that process. It would be interesting to hear of the last two managers’ experiences under him...

I’m not expecting another John Ryan figure, not at all, but maybe Mr Blunt would benefit from giving an interview or two to demonstrate his interest in the football club, if indeed he is interested. We know that Bramall, Watson and Baldwin are.

Thank you for responding in a reasonable fashion and shedding some light on why you feel the way you do. It isn't often how these things go on this forum nowadays!

I don't personally have a clue how Blunt operates so wouldn't comment on it myself, but I do think the proof is there through our acquisitions over the past few years and the club's progress on and off the field to feel content with how Rovers are ticking along. The vitriol and mud-slinging from some corners of the fanbase has dismayed me recently.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #127 on January 31, 2020, 08:41:30 am by Campsall rover »
The day to day running of the club is the CEO’s position. That is Gavin Baldwin.
He will then report to the Chairman. GB is also on the board himself.

David Blunt will not as far as i know be involved on a day to day role in the office.
Nor will Bramhall & Watson of course.
They possibly have a once in the week hourly meeting at most and then a once a month board meeting. That’s the way most clubs work.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #128 on January 31, 2020, 08:45:00 am by Pancho Regan »
The day to day running of the club is the CEO’s position. That is Gavin Baldwin.

David Blunt will not as far as i know be involved on a day to day role in the office.
They possibly have a once in the week hourly meeting at most and then a once a month board meeting. That’s the way most clubs work.

How do you know all this about the inner workings of the club Campsall?

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #129 on January 31, 2020, 08:51:14 am by NickDRFC »

Seen this a few times lately, it’s Bramall people!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #130 on January 31, 2020, 09:01:39 am by drfchound »
Let's just have a real think about this. Think of all the transfer dealings, loans and permanent, and contract renewals etc etc during Blunts tenure, is there any real evidence that successive managers have not brought in players they wanted, or wanted to keep albeit taking into account the budget limits?

I have no idea how Blunt is perceived within the club as an individual or as a chairman but if he was acting inappropriately, preventing the club from operating to it's best potential then I think he would have been outed before now.

To be fair DBR, because of the way the club operates (in that it keeps the cards close to its chest) it is most unlikely that the fans will know whether successive managers have been denied players they wanted or indeeed, had to release players they wanted to keep.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #131 on January 31, 2020, 09:19:48 am by Glyn_Wigley »

I can't imagine the club would waste money employing a CEO if it wasn't run like this.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #132 on January 31, 2020, 09:53:44 am by SydneyRover »

Sounds like a fair assessment of how a club/business runs why would a chair be doing any of the day to day stuff when you pay  a CEO, the chair would normally look to the future and have a vision agreed to by the board which is presented for the management to implement. It's likely a good chair or board member may well be on the board of many other companies.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #133 on January 31, 2020, 10:20:30 am by dickos1 »
I could be wrong but I’m sure SM stayed recently that all deals need to be signed off by blunt.
Which then lead to the conclusion it was blunt causing the disruption in signing players.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #134 on January 31, 2020, 10:28:44 am by IDM »
But would that be an incorrect conclusion anyway.?  He may be a pivotal player but not causing any disruption..

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #135 on January 31, 2020, 10:33:05 am by dickos1 »
Not saying either way, just pointing out he’s got the final decision on the dealings we do, rather than just a man who chairs meetings

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #136 on January 31, 2020, 12:16:08 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
There has to be checks and balances in any organisation. We don't know what requires Blunts approval or not but I would imagine much would be just a formally as GB will have his finger on the pulse in managing the budget. Perhaps if there are transfer fees involved he may have the right to question whether the investment is a sound one. But as mentioned before if Blunt appeared to he working against the manager and GB then I think it would have been addressed before now. Again, all conjecture and I think it's a gross waste of our time worrying about something that may not even be an issue.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #137 on January 31, 2020, 12:26:44 pm by Alan Southstand »
Whatever it is we do, and who does what, there’s no denying that it’s not the most efficient or speedy system and perhaps needs improving or, at least, reviewing.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #138 on January 31, 2020, 12:33:37 pm by IDM »
Or perhaps the hold ups are with the selling clubs.?

Wasn’t it said that the formal approach for Fey and the deal being done was over a few days during this week.?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #139 on January 31, 2020, 12:43:05 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Whatever it is we do, and who does what, there’s no denying that it’s not the most efficient or speedy system and perhaps needs improving or, at least, reviewing.

I don't understand what you're saying Alan. DM decided he wanted to go for Plan A which meant he wanted to wait as that depended on another club. Once the time came, and that decision was made for him, he acted quickly to get the players he'd already identified. Nothing to do with the board, Blunt etc.

In a short space of time fees were agreed, and from what we understand, we even approved a higher fee than was expected with Fejiri and the deal was completed. No fuss, no delay.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #140 on January 31, 2020, 12:48:14 pm by Alan Southstand »
It’s just my opinion, DBR.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #141 on January 31, 2020, 01:27:56 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
It’s just my opinion, DBR.

Fair do's. There's always scope for reviewing things. I expect the club will do that shortly after the window closes, looking at all aspects of the deals and possibly how they handled the press and if there was anything more they could have done to manage expectations of the fan base.

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #142 on January 31, 2020, 04:25:45 pm by Herbert Anchovy »

Not sure about the others, but I believe Andy Watson plays a fairly active role in the club.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #143 on January 31, 2020, 09:09:41 pm by Campsall rover »

Because that’s the way most clubs with a CEO operate.
Obviously i don’t know the specific details on how DRFC operates.

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #144 on January 31, 2020, 09:58:27 pm by johnny rovers »

Nor do you know how most clubs operate either!

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #145 on January 31, 2020, 10:08:36 pm by SydneyRover »
If you look here there are more than 60 transfers 31/1 not including PL it definitely ramps up towards the end, don't see as a club there is anything we can do about it, maybe we can have some chill pills ready to hand out next year.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/transfers

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #146 on January 31, 2020, 10:23:03 pm by Campsall rover »

Nor do you know how most clubs operate either!
That’s what you want to think. Fine with me.

Please give me the job description of a CEO if you think differently.
Of course it’s the way most clubs operate.
There are a few hands on Chairmen or directors but some of them are CEO’s as well.
I have given a generalisation of how it works & not any specifics.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 10:30:20 pm by Campsall rover »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #147 on January 31, 2020, 10:41:48 pm by SydneyRover »
Whatever David Blunt is doing he's overseen progress in the club from his appointment to the board 2013/14? to the present where we are arguably a stronger club with expansion plans. His background in Keepmoat a successful business I would think gives him the experience required to chair the club. We are growing stronger year on year and if he's taking brickbats from some sections of the fan base then he must also be given the credit for where we are.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #148 on January 31, 2020, 10:47:11 pm by SydneyRover »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012