Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 01:55:36 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: New Strikers  (Read 4871 times)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
Re: New Strikers
« Reply #30 on January 30, 2020, 01:28:55 pm by Campsall rover »
Well all that doom and gloom about no strikers. Now we are almost overloaded with them as i don’t see DM playing twin strikers. So it’s 3 into 1.

Just a bit of patience was needed as some of us have been banging on about for months on end.
I always knew DM will have had his targets for some time. Getting them over the line is always far more complicated than it seems and often is very time consuming.
Would probably expect 1 more in by tomorrow night, a midfielder maybe this Ramsey lad at Villa. Who knows, Probably only DM and GB they keep things very much under the table don’t they. Good on them for that.
Only last week DM said there had been no enquiry for Okenibhrie. Well he was just bowling us a googly to throw us all off the scent until it was a done deal.
Brilliant DM you got a clean bowled with that one.

Devante Cole not even a sniff on that one. Brilliant DM you got a stumping with that ball.

Now all we want is a hat trick. I am patient and if it comes at 22.59 tomorrow that’ll do nicely. If it doesn’t happen so be it. Not meant to be. I am very happy whatever.

Oh by the way bloody Rubbish Bramhall. ( sorry BST pinching your line. )
Blunt have you lost your cheque book and pen. Shambles. Sack the board.

Oh it’s gone ever so quiet over there. Shock horrors.  :byebye:

« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 01:31:12 pm by Campsall rover »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on January 30, 2020, 01:37:26 pm by NickDRFC »
Well all that doom and gloom about no strikers. Now we are almost overloaded with them as i don’t see DM playing twin strikers. So it’s 3 into 1.

Just a bit of patience was needed as some of us have been banging on about for months on end.
I always knew DM will have had his targets for some time. Getting them over the line is always far more complicated than it seems and often is very time consuming.
Would probably expect 1 more in by tomorrow night, a midfielder maybe this Ramsey lad at Villa. Who knows, Probably only DM and GB they keep things very much under the table don’t they. Good on them for that.
Only last week DM said there had been no enquiry for Okenibhrie. Well he was just bowling us a googly to throw us all off the scent until it was a done deal.

Devante Cole not even a sniff on that one. Brilliant DM you got a stumping with that ball.

Now all we want is a hat trick. I am patient and if it comes at 22.59 tomorrow that’ll do nicely. If it doesn’t happen so be it. Not meant to be. I am very happy whatever.

You also spent a long time saying good players aren’t available for permanent moves in January, and we’ve got two of them... Can’t win em all!

;)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on January 30, 2020, 01:47:46 pm by Campsall rover »

You also spent a long time saying good players aren’t available for permanent moves in January, and we’ve got two of them... Can’t win em all!

;)
No as on the other thread ( Okenaberhie  ) i have just posted about that.
Very pleased to be proved wrong Nick.
DM has done brilliantly to get them both on permanent deals.

They still don’t fall off trees in January though.
Most of the branches are very bare.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 01:57:10 pm by Campsall rover »

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on January 30, 2020, 01:54:09 pm by deebee »
I think you should leave it there before you are barking up the wrong tree which is knott very clever. I can't think of any more I am well and truely stumped.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on January 30, 2020, 02:00:06 pm by Alan Southstand »
Well done, deebee - take a bough!

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on January 30, 2020, 02:00:32 pm by Campsall rover »
I think you should leave it there before you are barking up the wrong tree which is knott very clever. I can't think of any more I am well and truely stumped.
Deebee is that in reply to me. You stumped me well and truly.  :zzz:
You lost me with knott. Never mind the rest. Are you referring to my cricket analogy? Or the bare tree. Or both?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on January 30, 2020, 02:02:12 pm by IDM »
Won’t be pulling up any trees with these puns.. best leaf it to the professional comedians

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on January 30, 2020, 02:06:09 pm by Campsall rover »
Ah may be i am a bit slow.  :facepalm: Alan Knott. Brilliant Deebee.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on January 30, 2020, 02:07:25 pm by Campsall rover »
Won’t be pulling up any trees with these puns.. best leaf it to the professional comedians
Oh dear IDM where is BB when you need him?

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on January 30, 2020, 02:29:56 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
We definitely have formation options now as well as having multiple players for positions, with some of them being flexible during a game.

Playing two up front could easily work, but which two could form a killer partnership? Exciting times ahead. Even without the extra signing, DM has the players he needs, now it's up to him to really prove himself as a manager.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on January 30, 2020, 02:32:13 pm by Alan Southstand »
He doesn’t need to prove anything to me, BRR. Getting us to where we are without a striker is proof enough.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on January 30, 2020, 02:42:06 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
He doesn’t need to prove anything to me, BRR. Getting us to where we are without a striker is proof enough.

What I said wasn't at all a negative. Now he has more options he is able to show what he can do with them, how he man manages them, how he gets the best out of them in formations, whether he sticks more to what formations we've been using or he introduces changes, etc etc. It's a level of management he'd have experienced at West Brom, I'm not seeing problems :)

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on January 30, 2020, 03:17:36 pm by MachoMadness »
In all the excitement no one seems to have noticed this -
Liam Hoden
@liamhoden
·
40m
Rakish Bingham’s departure from Rovers has been confirmed by Darren Moore #drfc

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on January 30, 2020, 03:20:12 pm by IDM »
I would have kept him as squad back up..

Although releasing him before the window ends does allow him to sign for another club, as a feee agent, after the window shuts..

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on January 30, 2020, 04:05:25 pm by MachoMadness »
We have Watters who appears to have much more about him as backup. No point having someone in the squad who's just a passenger, Moore was quite clear about the high standards he sets for us.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on January 30, 2020, 04:07:59 pm by IDM »
Yes i would hope to see more of Watters.  Can’t have too many back ups though.?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012