Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 09:04:38 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: A famous victory  (Read 4127 times)

pib

• Forum Member
Re: A famous victory
« Reply #30 on April 20, 2024, 08:12:40 pm by pib »
One for the ages that. F**king unreal.

Didn’t even matter that we weren’t great for most of it. Once the clock started to tick down at 1-2 it was like we became possessed and just blew them away.

Great changes by Grant. Completely changed the game. He knew what we had to do and it was about nothing else other than that last 30 mins, getting men in the box and causing chaos.

What a bloody cross by Rowe for that third goal. If this is the end of his Rovers career then he has cemented his place as a legend for that.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on April 20, 2024, 08:13:56 pm by LincsRover »

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on April 20, 2024, 08:19:59 pm by Sprotyrover »
Missus dropped me off and went shopping circa 4.10 she was in the outlet and could hear the ‘Rovers Roar’ she said it was an incredible Din!

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on April 20, 2024, 08:20:05 pm by NickDRFC »
A shaking Keepmoat/Eco, …..now known a a ‘Barrow moment’ step aside Mansfield

Shaking? Or a slightly different movement after the Barrow Bounce?

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on April 20, 2024, 08:26:09 pm by StocksArmy »
My business partner took his young en today, he had got free tickets through their rugby club. Gave him a lift home and said the noise from the South was deafening and gave him goosebumps. His 10yr old claimed it was the best game he has watched in his life and has seen over a dozen Man Utd games this season. So proud tonight and I hope the club feel it.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2024, 08:34:57 pm by StocksArmy »

TommyC

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on April 20, 2024, 08:29:57 pm by TommyC »
A shaking Keepmoat/Eco, …..now known a a ‘Barrow moment’ step aside Mansfield

This team reminds me so much of that Penney team that took the L2 Title. That knowledge that if they go behind, they'll simply turn it up a notch and sweep them away. Not seen a Rovers side play with this level of swagger in quite some time.

monkeytennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on April 20, 2024, 08:34:47 pm by monkeytennis »
That was ridiculous. I think it’s the best game I’ve ever seen. At HT I was thinking ‘oh no, all these people here for the first time in ages and we’re bloody losing’

But master tactician GM and a huge helping of grit and determination pulled it out of the bag and that’s putting it lightly.

Wow.

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on April 20, 2024, 08:36:55 pm by StocksArmy »
That was ridiculous. I think it’s the best game I’ve ever seen. At HT I was thinking ‘oh no, all these people here for the first time in ages and we’re bloody losing’

But master tactician GM and a huge helping of grit and determination pulled it out of the bag and that’s putting it lightly.

Wow.

Thats just it isn't it. I thought... friggin sods law and my phone is gonna go mad at HT. Incredible.

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on April 20, 2024, 08:44:55 pm by danumdon »
Id said in an earlier thread it would be interesting to see how we dealt with having to come back from a goal down, but bloody two!

The response from the lads was fantastic, the never say die attitude coupled with a crowd who after a mediocre first half were well up for it, brought it home.

The best self generated atmosphere we've ever had at the Eco. Fantastic.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on April 20, 2024, 08:52:02 pm by DonnyOsmond »
I actually feel sorry for armchair glory supporters, they'll never feel anything like we did today. Never seen and feel apart of something magical. You would never have the same connection from a settee.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on April 20, 2024, 08:53:52 pm by River Don »
I actually feel sorry for armchair glory supporters, they'll never feel anything like we did today. Never seen and feel apart of something magical. You would never have the same connection from a settee.

That's true. You have to live and breath it

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on April 20, 2024, 08:54:52 pm by drfcsteve »
What a team. Earlier in the season 2 nil down at half time it would have been game over. But today at half time I actually believed we could still win 3-2. I was wrong though because we went and got FOUR just to help with the goal difference!

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on April 20, 2024, 08:55:10 pm by Campsall rover »
10.000 home fans I reckon in a crowd of 10.251

Don’t think Barrow had more than 250

Brilliant to see so many there. That was about as loud as I have ever heard it when we got that 3rd goal. And what a goal
Biggins was like Martin Peters arriving from no where to bullet a deader into the net.

Donnyjim

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on April 20, 2024, 09:00:24 pm by Donnyjim »
Fantastic game. At half time we were saying in the concourse - whole city comes out and usual fair. But I just had a feeling one goal, we could win this. The crowd were the 12th man. One of the best come backs since that semi with Crewe in the JPT. This is why we love love club. Our club our city!

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on April 20, 2024, 09:09:22 pm by jmt23 »
As an oldish supporter now, I have been used to DRFC not performing in front of a big home crowd, so that old familiar feeling was back, and tinged with a slight embarrassment I had allowed myself to dream.
Then the second half happened.   :rtid:
To be fair, in the keepmoat/eco we have done better in front of big crowds.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on April 20, 2024, 09:12:48 pm by pib »

Brilliant to see so many there. That was about as loud as I have ever heard it when we got that 3rd goal. And what a goal
Biggins was like Martin Peters arriving from no where to bullet a deader into the net.

Barrow brought 454.

Goldthorperover

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on April 20, 2024, 09:14:55 pm by Goldthorperover »
I think thats the best game ive ever seen at the keepmoat. I sit in the west stand in line with the 6 yard box and that cross for the third goal just seemed to hang in the air forever. I can still see it now in my minds eye. Then Biggins comes from nowhere with a bullet header and oh my God - delirium. What a game, what a day, what a time to be alive!

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on April 20, 2024, 09:24:37 pm by Pancho Regan »
I can’t match the wonderful posts on this thread but I can’t help but throw in my garbled thoughts on this amazing day.

My wife joined me for the 4-hour journey to the game today for only her second game of the season. Her first was the disastrous 0-5 humiliation against Morecambe.

Mrs Pancho’s Mum passed away last Saturday.
We’ve had an awful week.

I got my wife a ticket last week and encouraged her to come along and forget her sorrows for a day.

At half time we were quiet and she was saying she’d brought us bad luck after our amazing run.

Then came the second half. Possibly the most incredible second half I have experienced in my 55 years supporting the Rovers.

With Mrs Pancho to my left and my beloved brother to my right, we just went completely bonkers as each of those 4 goals went in.
The atmosphere for those last 30 minutes was nothing short of incredible.

This amazing club of mine are such a vital and important part of my life. Today, those heroic players have turned our family’s grief into utter joy.

I could never support another club and I will never forget today.

Pliskin

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on April 20, 2024, 09:42:28 pm by Pliskin »
Today is what it's all about.

It is why we keep going, even when it's shit. A belief that eventually a special day like today will come along.

Fantastic.

Hopefully not the last of it this season.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on April 20, 2024, 09:49:27 pm by Campsall rover »

Barrow brought 454.
Really. Did not look that many. Oh well that 9.800 home fans then. Not long ago we were only getting 5.800

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on April 20, 2024, 09:56:53 pm by River Don »
Heh,

Is it really so long ago that 2 or 3 thousand was typical?

Rovers have come a long way

Guernsey Exile

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on April 20, 2024, 09:58:43 pm by Guernsey Exile »
I can’t match the wonderful posts on this thread but I can’t help but throw in my garbled thoughts on this amazing day.

My wife joined me for the 4-hour journey to the game today for only her second game of the season. Her first was the disastrous 0-5 humiliation against Morecambe.

We’ve had an awful week.

I got my wife a ticket last week and encouraged her to come along and forget her sorrows for a day.

At half time we were quiet and she was saying she’d brought us bad luck after our amazing run.

Then came the second half. Possibly the most incredible second half I have experienced in my 55 years supporting the Rovers.

With Mrs Pancho to my left and my beloved brother to my right, we just went completely bonkers as each of those 4 goals went in.

This amazing club of mine are such a vital and important part of my life. Today, those heroic players have turned our family’s grief into utter joy.

Just got something in my eye thats all.

Sorry to hear your grief, but thankful you took the time to share.
Stay strong mate
« Last Edit: April 20, 2024, 10:00:59 pm by Guernsey Exile »

Owl in peace

« Reply #52 on April 20, 2024, 10:02:32 pm by Owl in peace »
Really enjoyed my first visit to the eco power stadium today.

Great noise in the second half and an enjoyable day all round.

I’ll be taking a few more games in next season.

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on April 20, 2024, 10:21:20 pm by les@donr »
Colchester are essentially safe after Sutton failed to win. That may take the edge out of Tuesday's game on their side of things.

Likewise, Gillingham have nothing to play for next weekend.

Colchester won’t be safe if we stuff them 6-0. Gives Sutton hope.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on April 20, 2024, 10:51:57 pm by scawsby steve »

We’ve had an awful week.

Commiserations, mate, and thoughts and prayers to you and your wife at this sad time.

Also, hats off to you for making such a long journey to support our beloved club.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on April 20, 2024, 11:05:31 pm by Pancho Regan »

We’ve had an awful week.

Commiserations, mate, and thoughts and prayers to you and your wife at this sad time.

Also, hats off to you for making such a long journey to support our beloved club.

Thank you Scawsby for those kind words, much appreciated.

As long-standing supporters I think we understand what an important part our wonderful club plays in our lives.
Experiences like today can lift us from sadness and take us to the heights of joy and happiness.

Love this club.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on April 20, 2024, 11:14:19 pm by Colin C No.3 »

We’ve had an awful week.

Regarding your undoubted feelings for the club, the investment of your emotions for this group of players, relentless belief, wanting to share all of that with your nearest & dearest & witnessing what as you so eloquently put it, must be the most (I’m struggling for an appropriate word here)…’surreal’ come back many of our supporters for generations back will have witnessed.

You mate have just posted THE post of the day.

Bless you for sharing & may the ‘Rovers family’ see you through your tough times.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2024, 11:17:31 pm by Colin C No.3 »

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on April 20, 2024, 11:18:10 pm by Mike_F »
Missus dropped me off and went shopping circa 4.10 she was in the outlet and could hear the ‘Rovers Roar’ she said it was an incredible Din!

I wondered when the goals (particularly the third) what it would sound like to shoppers at the outlet. And whether any of them thought "bloody hell that sounds good, I might give it a go."

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on April 21, 2024, 08:29:35 am by Donnywolf »
Anderson's slide pass to Rowe!!!!!!

Anderson running towards 18 yard line and looking for someone , anyone to pass to made me lol

Didn't take much yesterday

There was another forward run from him when he shaped to shoot and I thought goal of the millennium if he scores from there

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on April 21, 2024, 08:31:57 am by philsky »
Fantastic game. At half time we were saying in the concourse - whole city comes out and usual fair. But I just had a feeling one goal, we could win this. The crowd were the 12th man. One of the best come backs since that semi with Crewe in the JPT. This is why we love love club. Our club our city!

Bloody hell, a Martin Peters reference - take a bow

TinyPortal © 2005-2012