Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 10:44:13 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Possible points deduction ?  (Read 5153 times)

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
Re: Possible points deduction ?
« Reply #90 on April 22, 2024, 10:39:06 am by Upton Rover »
Can't blame anyone for celebrating the way they did.
It was a visceral outpour of emotion after witnessing an epic comeback, in the last home game of an epic season.

It was about the moment, it was about the last 3/4 years of absolute shit, it was the realisation that were no longer shit, and we've got our club back.

Even mcann got a booking for celebrating the way he did.

The only thing that should come of this is an apology from Pete wild for his lie, and their keeper for assaulting the Rovers fan.

It's quite pathetic by rovers for calling it crowd trouble aswell
R U for real? You can’t blame people for that?
Can’t they control themselves?
How pathetic are you?
GM celebrated by running up the touch line, not on the pitch like the idiots that did, run to the advertising boards are acceptable, but keep off the pitch, a handful of idiots spoilt it for the rest of the fans and the team

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #91 on April 22, 2024, 10:47:49 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
I will say that I saw at least 3-4 people in the south stand carrying seats they'd ripped off. Invading the pitch is whatever, arguably shouldn't happen in this day and age but also it's football. Vandalising your own ground on the other hand is the height of dipshittery. Just embarrassing.

Probably the same lads that I saw coming away from Blundell Park after the Grimsby game, both of them carrying a broken plastic seat which they dumped into the front garden of a terraced house.

These bellends don't care about DRFC only themselves and their cred amongst their mates. None of those who invaded the pitch, bar one, were wearing any club colours. These types will not take any notice of allocated seats just as they don't at away matches. These aspiring thugs I would normally associate with a club in West Yorkshire, but I hear folk say, every clubs got 'em. If identified, they'll take a ban quite happily as a badge of honour, so give them what they deserve.

Unfortunately it's brought further attention to us of the wrong kind and we'll be forced to take additional preventative measures. Not sure whether a Wembley style virtual Moat is appropriate and/or putting netting across the first couple of rows of seats with a strictly no standing zone in-between.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on April 22, 2024, 11:08:01 am by Sprotyrover »
Wasn’t just the pitch invasion. As I left the west stand I witnessed some of our’ fans ‘jump over the fencing around their coaches and then proceed to throw punches at away fans. All of them about 3 stone wet through. Thoroughly embarrassing and not a good look. Equally shambolic was the lack of police presence to prevent it.
The club declared it Police free, and there has been no history of trouble between Barriw and Rovers , it seems the large contingent of Extra stewards were just clueless picked off the streets.barrow were badly behaved and their Coaches dropped them off in the Town centre where they congregated in the Market pubs !

TonySoprano

• Forum Member
« Reply #93 on April 22, 2024, 11:53:53 am by TonySoprano »
Wrexham and Stockport fans were on the pitch just last week, it should never happen, but a points reduction would never happen.
Bet they don't have half a dozen anorak roy cropper types moaning about it on their forum.

JonWallsend

• Forum Member
« Reply #94 on April 22, 2024, 03:14:31 pm by JonWallsend »
Wrexham and Stockport fans were on the pitch just last week, it should never happen, but a points reduction would never happen.
Bet they don't have half a dozen anorak roy cropper types moaning about it on their forum.
Tony, when you're in a hole......

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #95 on April 23, 2024, 08:02:52 am by IDM »
The pitch incursion and alleged “assault” happened on Saturday, and now on Tuesday there’s absolutely nowt (BBC sport league 2 page for example) suggesting a points deduction could happen. It would need to be done, with time for any potential appeal, before the play offs.

I don’t think it will happen anyway.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012