Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 12:59:14 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Possible points deduction ?  (Read 5404 times)

Jonathan

• Forum Member
Re: Possible points deduction ?
« Reply #60 on April 21, 2024, 01:32:53 pm by Jonathan »
Zero case for a points deduction. There’s little the club can do to stop attention seeking idiots from running onto the pitch for their moment in the sun. You can see the stewards trying, but it’s just not possible. In the end little happened, it’s clear that no player was assaulted and it was quickly contained. But the fans shouldn’t be on the pitch regardless.

I’ve never got this “visceral outpouring of emotion” argument for a pitch invasion, probably because it’s complete and utter b*llocks. I suspect most people will have experienced a genuine visceral outpouring of emotion in the moment yesterday. Then we had a small number that couldn’t let that moment deter their quest for a moment of pure vanity, so they consciously elected to make their way to the front, climb the fence and get their phones out to film that apparently uncontrollable moment. All a bit sad really but it takes all sorts.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on April 21, 2024, 01:36:50 pm by wilts rover »
Can't blame anyone for celebrating the way they did.
It was a visceral outpour of emotion after witnessing an epic comeback, in the last home game of an epic season.

It was about the moment, it was about the last 3/4 years of absolute shit, it was the realisation that were no longer shit, and we've got our club back.

Even mcann got a booking for celebrating the way he did.

The only thing that should come of this is an apology from Pete wild for his lie, and their keeper for assaulting the Rovers fan.

It's quite pathetic by rovers for calling it crowd trouble aswell

Poundland Danny Dyer.

I think you will find its Netto Danny Dyer.

TonySoprano

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on April 21, 2024, 02:08:32 pm by TonySoprano »
It was a visceral outpour of emotion after witnessing an epic comeback, in the last home game of an epic season.

It was about the moment, it was about the last 3/4 years of absolute shit, it was the realisation that were no longer shit, and we've got our club back.

The only thing that should come of this is an apology from Pete wild for his lie, and their keeper for assaulting the Rovers fan.

Poundland Danny Dyer.
Bless ya, nice as it is living rent free in your head, I'd suggest getting a new hobby. Perhaps stamp collecting, you could even do it in the quiet room at the eco power the next time it's gets too noisy for you.

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on April 21, 2024, 02:12:55 pm by The Beast »
They threw a flair on when they scored and their players goaded the fans, our fans ran on the pitch and gave a bit of verbal to their keeper when we scored, after the keeper had performed 60 minutes of shit housery. No assault, lessons to be learned by the club, anyone laying a glove on their players should be banned accordingly but nothing really to see here, Barrow just a bit salty, as you would probably be in their position.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on April 21, 2024, 02:53:20 pm by vaya »

Poundland Danny Dyer.
Bless ya, nice as it is living rent free in your head, I'd suggest getting a new hobby. Perhaps stamp collecting, you could even do it in the quiet room at the eco power the next time it's gets too noisy for you.

Cheers Danny. Really enjoyed Human Traffic btw. Rest of the stuff's not been great though.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on April 21, 2024, 03:13:16 pm by graingrover »

Let’s hope they are easier to identify than the other destructive group ,Netto !

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on April 21, 2024, 03:38:00 pm by drfcsteve »
It’s in the clubs best interested to ban anyone they can identify, these people will cost the club more money in fines than they spend on tickets.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on April 21, 2024, 04:12:48 pm by Campsall rover »
Did the players get the opportunity to do a lap of honour after the game?
I left after the final whistle. While I understand it’s the last match and the players always do their customary walk round the pitch for the fans the only lap of honour I am really interested in is the one at Wembley after we win the Play Off Final.  :)

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on April 21, 2024, 04:51:49 pm by Sprotyrover »
Yes they came out and walked around applauding

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on April 21, 2024, 05:09:36 pm by ForsolongaRover »
Absolutely no chance of a points deduction. There's no precedent and it wouldn't be proportionate in the circumstances.

The only recent precedent was the Reading incident and I have provided a link earlier ind the thread. That was actually a suspended 3 point penalty in different circumstances. I can recall numerous invasions by celebrating fans and quite sensibly you cannot blame the club. In exercising control, modern stewards are not paid to engage in the kind of force or the extensive use of it which would be needed to restrain hundreds of celebrating football fans. And their motivation is not aggressive, yes it’s crowd disorder, but essentially an expression of joy.

Throwing flares on to the pitch is probably more dangerous and provocative and I’m not sure that any action is taken by the EFL when that happens.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on April 21, 2024, 05:58:03 pm by PDX_Rover »

Poundland Danny Dyer.

I think you will find its Netto Danny Dyer.

Who was probably not at the game yesterday…

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on April 21, 2024, 06:14:36 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Ironic int it?

The Netto bell ends complain that Bramall doesn't spend enough.

Then their indulgence of their childish egos will probably require Bramall to cover a £50k fine.

You do wonder how some folk manage to learn to wipe their own arses.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on April 21, 2024, 06:31:24 pm by MachoMadness »
The club has to put that statement out to mitigate any potential punishment. I think it's all a bit of a storm in a teacup to be honest. It's a pitch invasion, ultimately harmless, after one of the best games we've seen in recent history. Trying to legislate raw emotion out of the game is daft.

Someone runs into their keeper, the keeper throws them over, fan goes back to his seat, no one gets hurt. Doesn't need to be any more than that surely?

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on April 21, 2024, 06:32:05 pm by adamtherover »
One potentially dangerous incident yesterday that's gone unnoticed, was that a bell end ran up to I think it was haks, after the 4th goal, tried to slow down, slipped, and nearly took him out two footed ffs... Can u imagine if we had lost him for the rest of the season due to the actions of a moron!!!! Jeez..

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on April 21, 2024, 06:32:25 pm by PDX_Rover »
It was stupid but hardly Millwall at Luton.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on April 21, 2024, 06:49:08 pm by Pancho Regan »

What is pathetic is your attempt to excuse and condone the actions of those idiotic morons who encroached onto the pitch yesterday.

I, and those around me, went totally berserk when our goals were scored. But we did so from our seats. We felt no need to make our way to the perimeter, jump over, evade the stewards and run onto the pitch.

There is absolutely no justification for this.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2024, 06:56:22 pm by Pancho Regan »

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member

old lad

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on April 21, 2024, 08:06:36 pm by old lad »

R U for real? You can’t blame people for that?
Can’t they control themselves?
How pathetic are you?

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on April 21, 2024, 08:08:57 pm by idler »
Celebrating in our seats, fist pumping and hugging strangers. That was enough for us. Why go onto the pitch and potentially disrupt our players?

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on April 21, 2024, 08:27:49 pm by Upton Rover »
Wrexham and Stockport fans were on the pitch just last week, it should never happen, but a points reduction would never happen.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on April 21, 2024, 08:34:30 pm by mushRTID »
https://www.nwemail.co.uk/sport/24267978.wilds-anger-assaulton-keeper/

Wild claims….

Wild has openly announced in the press a complete lie. There is only one assault involving their goalkeeper and it ended with him flipping a youth to the ground.

He obviously hasn’t seen a reply or video of the incident before making these false claims.

His goalkeeper has made him look an idiot.

Not much been said about them booting the ball into the south stand either..

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on April 21, 2024, 08:43:10 pm by MachoMadness »
I will say that I saw at least 3-4 people in the south stand carrying seats they'd ripped off. Invading the pitch is whatever, arguably shouldn't happen in this day and age but also it's football. Vandalising your own ground on the other hand is the height of dipshittery. Just embarrassing.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on April 21, 2024, 08:57:28 pm by drfchound »
I will say that I saw at least 3-4 people in the south stand carrying seats they'd ripped off. Invading the pitch is whatever, arguably shouldn't happen in this day and age but also it's football. Vandalising your own ground on the other hand is the height of dipshittery. Just embarrassing.

Probably the same lads that I saw coming away from Blundell Park after the Grimsby game, both of them carrying a broken plastic seat which they dumped into the front garden of a terraced house.

Peebles Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on April 21, 2024, 09:47:01 pm by Peebles Rover »

Wild claims….

As an aside, he’s a bit derogatory saying Doncaster just played gung ho football and chucked players forward.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on April 22, 2024, 08:14:01 am by mushRTID »

Wild claims….

As an aside, he’s a bit derogatory saying Doncaster just played gung ho football and chucked players forward.

We've not been given that much credit by any team during this run i dont think.

Its always been their mistakes, gung ho football etc.

We are the best team in the league since the end of January and have just blown away a play off team in 45 minutes of football.

I genuinely dont believe anybody is going to stop us.

DRFC_AjA

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on April 22, 2024, 09:29:40 am by DRFC_AjA »
Wave bye bye to unreserved seating in the South?

Super easy to identify someone who runs on the pitch or rips a seat if they've got a designated seat. Rewind the CCTV and see where they were sat and check their name. Yeah easily beaten by just not sitting in your seat but what else could the club do? Cheers to those who think jumping a barrier shows more passion than someone who doesn't

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on April 22, 2024, 09:38:38 am by IDM »
That’s the point though, they don’t think..

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on April 22, 2024, 09:45:32 am by colincramb »
Wasn’t just the pitch invasion. As I left the west stand I witnessed some of our’ fans ‘jump over the fencing around their coaches and then proceed to throw punches at away fans. All of them about 3 stone wet through. Thoroughly embarrassing and not a good look. Equally shambolic was the lack of police presence to prevent it.

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on April 22, 2024, 09:53:16 am by Mike_F »
As embarrassing and unnecessary as the pitch invasions were, I would very much doubt that there will be any serious talk of a points deduction.

If the authorities did start using that as a punishment there'd be nothing to stop fans of another club getting tickets for a rival's home end and running on the pitch to cause such a sanction.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on April 22, 2024, 10:03:26 am by roversdude »
I really used to like Wild but he’s gone way down in my estimation after this weekend.
We played football that he couldn’t cope with end of

TinyPortal © 2005-2012