Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 03:25:59 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Championship  (Read 1222 times)

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
Championship
« on May 04, 2024, 02:37:10 pm by StocksArmy »
Strange how Blackburn found themselves in a very similar situation as ours exactly 10yrs ago to the day yesterday, also away at Leicester and also hoping their result at least matches Birmingham's. Football really is incredible.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ridgewoodrover

• Forum Member
Re: Championship
« Reply #1 on May 04, 2024, 03:18:54 pm by ridgewoodrover »
One of my most memorable days watching the rovers
You’ve got to endure the bad stuff .

turnbull for england

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 04, 2024, 03:20:57 pm by turnbull for england »
Brums luck ran out  at last

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on May 04, 2024, 04:00:00 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Was thinking very much the same with Blacburn at Leicester but then Plymouth were in real danger if Hull equalised.

After so many times Brum escaping, they finally did it! Ha.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 04, 2024, 04:32:27 pm by Alan Southstand »
We’ll done to Ipswich.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 04, 2024, 04:38:07 pm by GazLaz »
Great pitch invasion after the final whistle. One of the best I’ve seen in years.

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on May 04, 2024, 05:03:26 pm by Jimmydee »
I would prefer travelling to Brum rather than Plymouth.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on May 06, 2024, 12:43:29 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
you could say for years Birmingham were to the Championship
what Coventry were to the Top Division (then Division 1) 

Now just  a few words on Leicester

I remember Leicester's first match of the season  they were losing at home to Coventry late into the match and I thought at that minute play offs at best   until a "stately home " intervened late in the game

Leicester City 2
Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall (77')
Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall (87')

Coventry City 1
Kyle McFadzean (47')

-----------

i was a bit surprised at that result to put it mildly

Leicester fans have been unhappy with the style of play all season

At Plymouth recently when they lost 1-0 (they were odds of 1.43 almost 2/5 to win that match away !!) rearly on Leicester had a goal disallowed and playing as if they would walk   - then Plymouth score 

"Plymouth Argyle dealt Championship leaders Leicester City's automatic promotion hopes a blow and gave their own survival hopes a huge boost with a 1-0 victory at Home Park.

Having been outplayed for the first 20 minutes Argyle took the lead when Mustapha Bundu ended an excellent counter-attack with a calm right-footed finish.

Leicester's Patson Daka had two fantastic chances to equalise in the first 20 minutes of the second half but the hosts doggedly kept out a Foxes side that grew increasingly frustrated.

Argyle keeper Michael Cooper did well to deny substitute Jamie Vardy in the 87th minute as the visitors failed to turn late pressure into a goal"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68723791

Vardy had been in terrible form so only sub

Against West Brom  the leicester commentator invented the phrase "there is a force field around the Leicester goal"  as he tok the pi$$ out his own team !!
as time after time West Brom failed to score simple goals - as the SKY report proves.

https://www.skysports.com/football/leicester-vs-w-brom/report/485222

"Leicester recovered from successive defeats to pick up a nervy 2-1 win over West Brom and return to the Championship summit once again on Saturday afternoon.

The Foxes - who had lost to Millwall and Plymouth in their last two - were under the cosh in the first half and would have gone behind had it not been for a stunning goal-line block from Hamza Choudhury, but, instead, they took the lead through Wilfred Ndidi's close-range finish.

Jamie Vardy won and then missed a controversial penalty before the break, but redeemed himself with a towering header to double Leicester's lead shortly after they had somehow avoided conceding on four more occasions, in part thanks to another two incredible blocks from Choudhury."

After that result I expected West Brom to murder Sheff Wednesday not lose 3-0

and then even more amazingly Southampton throw in the towel - not my words --  and lose 5-0 at Leicester

Then on the final day Blackburn beat them

I WONDER WHAT THE ODDS WERE for  Blackburn Birmingham Plymouth & wednesday were to all win

Wednesday fans should be eternally grateful to Steve Evans Rotherham that they are still in this division - but they will sweep it under the carpet - they would have rolled over just like at home to Plymouth without him

TinyPortal © 2005-2012