Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 03:51:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Today is the first day.......  (Read 1591 times)

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
Today is the first day.......
« on November 30, 2010, 04:17:07 pm by Dutch Uncle »
Of the rest of my life....

Often heard that, but it really is true for me today

After a third of a century working for the same employer I went into the office for the last time today. From tomorrow I shall be testing the promises to pay me the pension I have earned   :unsure:

A new lifestyle will obviously evolve but I am a little nervous to say the least. Although we are downsizing significantly, it was my choice to leave, and my wife is absolutely delighted at the prospect of having a potentially grumpy old git around full time....

Theoreticially more time for Rovers (and stats?  :chair:  ), but acually I have thought of a whole load of new challenges, as has my wife, so it might even work out I have less time.

The OAP membership of this forum is increasing....

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

nice one rovers

• Forum Member
Re:Today is the first day.......
« Reply #1 on November 30, 2010, 04:36:47 pm by nice one rovers »
Hey, congratulations, and good luck,here's to many more rovers supporting years, . Hope you've kept yourself fit, you're going to need a strong ticker for the play-offs into the Prem!

nice one rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on November 30, 2010, 04:41:15 pm by nice one rovers »
Hey, congratulations, and good luck,here's to many more rovers supporting years, . Hope you've kept yourself fit, you're going to need a strong ticker for the play-offs into the Prem!

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on November 30, 2010, 05:22:47 pm by CusworthRovers »
Plenty of cruises with Dutch Auntie to keep her sweet. Lots of fresh air together and walks. More time with the off-springs. Crack on with DRFC and 3 more things:

1. Golf- Get some of that bashed out every day, and join a club if not a member anywhere.
2. Open a few betting accounts. Nothing fancy and nothing extravagant. Just keep your eye in on the footy, horses, stocks and shares etc etc.
3. Spend some of the hard earned cash on the occasional visit to a mucky woman for a little tlc and a bit of the old sparra stimulation.

That's how I see my later years, and middle years to be fair.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on November 30, 2010, 06:23:09 pm by Donnywolf »
Dutch Uncle wrote:
Of the rest of my life....

Often heard that, but it really is true for me today

After a third of a century working for the same employer I went into the office for the last time today. From tomorrow I shall be testing the promises to pay me the pension I have earned   :unsure:

A new lifestyle will obviously evolve but I am a little nervous to say the least. Although we are downsizing significantly, it was my choice to leave, and my wife is absolutely delighted at the prospect of having a potentially grumpy old git around full time....

Theoreticially more time for Rovers (and stats?  :chair:  ), but acually I have thought of a whole load of new challenges, as has my wife, so it might even work out I have less time.

The OAP membership of this forum is increasing....

Good luck and let me know how it is going

I am approaching that decision very soon and think I should jump ship too

Would give me more time to pop over to Leiden (are you still there) and the North End Pub

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on November 30, 2010, 06:52:13 pm by Dutch Uncle »
Thanks all, for the good wishes

Nice-one-rovers - I have just started playing squash again and intend accompanying Dutch Auntie to the Gym 3 times a week - so fitness is definitely on the agenda

Cussie - it's squash for me and I have been invited to join our office cricket team next summer (only pressure of work stopped me the last few years) - golf no thank you. Golf ball and squash ball - about the same size - the one moves and I can hit it pretty well where I want - the other b*st*rd just sits there and laughs at me and goes where it wants  :laugh:

DW: We live in Leidschendam - suburb of The Hague but only 10 minutes from Leiden. Give a shout if you do come this way.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on November 30, 2010, 09:47:33 pm by BobG »
And don't anybody, ever, underestimate Dutch Uncle with that squash ball and squash racquet. I won't reveal his private information, but boy! He was stonkingly good. As an example, I was a reasonable local League player. But DU could, and did, beat me 9-0, 9-0, 9-0 playing left handed. He's a right hander.... He's a mean cricketer too. No need for walks Cussy. DU is one fit dude!

BobG

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on November 30, 2010, 10:07:14 pm by CusworthRovers »
Sounds like Dutch Uncle seriously needs to consider my third option if he's Mr Motivator. All the more reason to make a wanton woman have it and burn off some serious carbs. Good luck to him. I can see me requiring the services of approximately 10 balloons to hold mine up, when I retire.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012