Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 05:43:52 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: To The Engerland 1 0 To The Engerland 1 0  (Read 1897 times)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
To The Engerland 1 0 To The Engerland 1 0
« on December 07, 2010, 01:19:16 am by Donnywolf »
.... as Cussie says a mountain to climb for the Aussies now - although Broad is out for rest of Series

Well done to the lads - not that I think any of them are secret VSC Forum readers

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/england/9262384.stm

:woot:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

pkt_drfc

• Forum Member
Re:To The Engerland 1 0 To The Engerland 1 0
« Reply #1 on December 07, 2010, 01:32:48 am by pkt_drfc »
Brill really happy for the lads thought it was going to be a washout forcast gave it rain all day Bedtime now

gillinghamrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on December 07, 2010, 07:23:05 am by gillinghamrover »
Watched the highlights just now, top result. Ironically it pissed down a few hours after the match had finished!! Never mind Australia, makes a change its not us praying for the weather to intervene!

GM-MarkB

« Reply #3 on December 07, 2010, 08:10:15 am by GM-MarkB »
We're just too good for them, simple as.

And as aluded to after the game, the WACCA groundstaff are going to have to prepare a specific wicket in Perth to try and help the lacklustre Aussie attack. Trouble is they are probably going to preapre a fast grassy track and then allow our far superior bowlers to set about their batsmen on it.

Doesn't bode well for them does it...shame.... :laugh:

And then i've just found this...

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/cricket-legends-come-to-blows-at-ashes-20101207-18o28.html

Gooooo on Beefy lad !!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on December 07, 2010, 10:11:10 am by BillyStubbsTears »
GM-MarkB wrote:

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/cricket-legends-come-to-blows-at-ashes-20101207-18o28.html

Gooooo on Beefy lad !!

Just looked on Oddschecker. Apparently Chappell is longer odds to win that one than Australia are to regain the Ashes.

All piss and wind these Aussies...

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on December 07, 2010, 11:26:57 am by Filo »
Nice one Beefy, the mardy t**ts don`t know how to be dignified when they`ve had a pasting!  :laugh:

I-was-there1976

« Reply #6 on December 07, 2010, 12:46:48 pm by I-was-there1976 »

GM-MarkB

« Reply #7 on December 07, 2010, 12:48:09 pm by GM-MarkB »
He's the archetypal whining Aussie w*nker...and his brother Ian is no better. His most famous piece of 'arsehole-ery' was the infamous 'underarm' delivery...

Unsportsmanlike behaviour

Chappell instigated the underarm bowling incident in the New Zealand–Australia One Day International on 1 February 1981. Chappell, the captain, ordered his brother Trevor Chappell, to bowl underarm along the ground to Brian McKechnie, thus ensuring the Australian team would win the match and avoid a tie. The New Zealand Prime Minister Robert Muldoon said it was \"the most disgusting incident I can recall in the history of cricket\", the Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Fraser said it was \"contrary to the traditions of the game\", and the Chappells' decision was universally condemned.[57] Both brothers have expressed regret and embarrassment over the incident

For that alone he deserves a tw*tting from Sir Ian

GM-MarkB

« Reply #8 on December 07, 2010, 12:50:34 pm by GM-MarkB »
I-was-there1976 wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JJLnTr_OuY

Quality  :)

If I had the money i'd be at the MCG on Boxing Day....it's on my 'bucket list'  :P

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on December 07, 2010, 12:56:02 pm by bedale rover »
GM-MarkB wrote:
He's the archetypal whining Aussie w*nker...and his brother Ian is no better. His most famous piece of 'arsehole-ery' was the infamous 'underarm' delivery...

Chappell instigated the underarm bowling incident in the New Zealand–Australia One Day International on 1 February 1981. Chappell, the captain, ordered his brother Trevor Chappell, to bowl underarm along the ground to Brian McKechnie, thus ensuring the Australian team would win the match and avoid a tie. The New Zealand Prime Minister Robert Muldoon said it was \"the most disgusting incident I can recall in the history of cricket\", the Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Fraser said it was \"contrary to the traditions of the game\", and the Chappells' decision was universally condemned.[57] Both brothers have expressed regret and embarrassment over the incident
[/b]

that would be alright except for the fact you have got the wrong chappell!!!

the one you are referring to is GREG  his younger brother

:headbang:

GM-MarkB

« Reply #10 on December 07, 2010, 01:17:52 pm by GM-MarkB »
bedale rover wrote:
GM-MarkB wrote:

[/b]

that would be alright except for the fact you have got the wrong chappell!!!

the one you are referring to is GREG  his younger brother

:headbang:

I don't discriminate...I hate them all  :laugh:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012