Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 06:10:32 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Todays banking system WTF has happened  (Read 1094 times)

not on facebook

• Forum Member
Todays banking system WTF has happened
« on October 02, 2013, 08:53:42 am by not on facebook »
Went downtown Oslo to open a new bank account as i had an hour Of spare time.

Took all. My required paper work and got to bank where i was stopped at the....Ticket for the correct que machine....where 3 bank staff were suited and booted asking what you want,then giving you a Ticket.

got my Ticket number 285 and was Now serving 265, so Thats 20 bods before me.

Must have Been close on 40 customers waiting with tickets for 3 different ques.

Problem was that the bank only had 3 staff sat down at 3 different tables serving the different ques Of tickets.

After 35 mins my que was Now reading serving 266 so Its moved on one in 30 mins.fcuk that i be here all bas**rd day so i went .

I will go to my local branch later on today as it will be a lot more quite there.

Gets in Their Much later on and only one person in the que and only one person serving the que....Get
In result i thought....

Told the bank staff i want to open new account and i had drawn 500kr out from my other bank account with a different bank to put into my new account.

This is where the problem started as after filling all the paper work in she tells me that they dony deal with cash in This bank and i have to put the money into the machine outside .

So i go to machine with new account number thinking somert not quite clear hear as i have no bank card.

Went back into bank told them to close my account there and then due to them not fealing with cash.

Ffs what are banks playing at

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

River Don

• Forum Member
Re: Todays banking system WTF has happened
« Reply #1 on October 02, 2013, 02:21:43 pm by River Don »
Automation, I expect they would prefer you to open your new account online. In future we'll see fewer and fewer bank branches as banks increasingly rely on digital services and a push towards digital money rather than cold, hard cash. Even machines are expensive to install and run so expect a move towards top up payment cards or pay by App on phone instead of small change. Money is becoming virtual.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on October 07, 2013, 01:03:19 am by BobG »
I wanted a couple of quids worth of 1p coins the other year. went to my local branch, (the co-OP as it happened) to be told 'We don't carry them now Sir". I was not amused. When I asked the stupid oik behind the glass 'Excuse me. This IS a bank isn't it?' it didn't go down too well.

BobG

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 07, 2013, 01:46:39 pm by not on facebook »
I wanted a couple of quids worth of 1p coins the other year. went to my local branch, (the co-OP as it happened) to be told 'We don't carry them now Sir". I was not amused. When I asked the stupid oik behind the glass 'Excuse me. This IS a bank isn't it?' it didn't go down too well.

BobG
[/quot

That gets my goat too as When you query them  by asking ' are you a bank or not'

They look at you gone out as if you are from Planet zonk or somert.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on October 07, 2013, 11:54:16 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Banks have allus been shite. 6 years back, they f**ked up the world, but 30 years back, they were still shite.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_0qTmQOpOA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_0qTmQOpOA</a>

TinyPortal © 2005-2012