Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 01:33:49 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Today's rant > British Airways >  (Read 2412 times)

not on facebook

• Forum Member
Today's rant > British Airways >
« on May 04, 2017, 12:24:41 pm by not on facebook »
What had happened to this once great airline ,as today it's the last place I would look for a flight .

I recall the time when 'fly the flag' was their catch phrase and would allways use British Airways as you knew it was quality .

I even recall been proud of seeing tail fins parked up at whatever International, airport with the BA union flag/Jack logo.

Different story today some 15 years on I guess as I don't bat a eye lid now when I clock a BA tail finn .

Main reasons why I don't touch them anymore is that there was allways going on strike and the standards have slipped tenfold.it seemed to fall apart for them the same time that we lost our standout style of passport and crossed over to the shitty red European one.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re: Today's rant > British Airways >
« Reply #1 on May 04, 2017, 03:18:11 pm by RedJ »
Yeah it probably wasn't anything to do with the passports...

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 04, 2017, 04:48:33 pm by not on facebook »
If I could hand pick any airline to fly with today I go for Brussels airline I think it's called.

Seats were big leather and you was not crammed in.price range was normal but not on level with Ryan air.

As for Ryan air it be a cold day in hell if I was ever to fly with them,I would be far more happy to pay whatever and fly with some other national carrier apart from BA

Syme

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 04, 2017, 06:58:55 pm by Syme »
Thanks for sharing

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 04, 2017, 08:23:07 pm by not on facebook »
Suppose that info will be wasted on a div like you syme

Syme

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 04, 2017, 08:47:18 pm by Syme »
I'm afraid so. I'm sure others are gripped by your airline hierarchy though.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 04, 2017, 09:32:39 pm by Nudga »
Another thread??

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on May 28, 2017, 09:32:34 am by not on facebook »
i see that British airways have not dissapointed me with their shitness and very very poor customer service .

Ok it seems that their computers went down which I guess can happen to any company but how the aftermath is delt with is solely in the hands of British airways .

It's not a case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing as neither hands knows what it's doing .

I sooner Fay dan air or the wright brothers airways.

Question > how can a pile of shit recover from been a pile of shit > answers on a post card to BA PR department.

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 28, 2017, 01:14:02 pm by Herbert Anchovy »

It's gripped you enough to comment though Syme!

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on May 29, 2017, 03:16:52 am by not on facebook »
Well BA have dropped that low I sooner walk then book with them.

Seen the pictures of the ques outside gatwick and heathrow to check at BA,the ques go outside and round the corner .

At what point in the que when you turn up at the airport do you say 'fcuk it Iam turning round and fcuking off back home'

If you got kids I be returning back home as soon as my place in that que is outside.

Don't think I have booked a flight with BA in last 15 or more years,there is more chance of me doing a fox trot  with a lepper than book with BA .

Fox trot is a dance

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on May 29, 2017, 01:47:52 pm by not on facebook »
Spanish idiot of a leader for BA is spweing out more shite on this incident than what likes of syme Glynn sad rovers MM  and me do in in one thread on here.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on July 06, 2017, 01:00:53 am by not on facebook »

Where is that fcuker syme when you need him

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4668364/BA-cabin-crew-strike-two-weeks.html

BA staff out on strike again ,that was one of main reasons why I posted that I would never travel with BA as their staff are allways going on strike amongst other things.

I will swerve this airline even if they are £100 or more punds cheaper  as you can never trust if they will ever get you there ,never mind back.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on July 06, 2017, 12:15:36 pm by MrFrost »
I've flown BA for the last 4 or 5 years on long haul. Main reason because they are far cheaper than their competitors, however their service is shocking.

Last year, on one of the new Airbus A380s, none of the entertainment on my seat worked, but despite to flight being at best 75% full, I was told I couldn't sit in another seat where the entertainment did work.

This year I booked a trip including hotel with them. When I arrived at the hotel I was told I couldn't stay there because I don't posses a credit card. BA didn't inform me of this when I booked, and it took them almost 24 hours to get me in a replacement hotel.

Never again.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on July 06, 2017, 12:35:56 pm by not on facebook »
It's been at least 10 years maybe more since I last used BA.

George Carter

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on July 06, 2017, 07:09:12 pm by George Carter »
Ive done Ryan air a couple of times before to fly to Germany and found them to be alright but the conditions are that bad on board theyre something of a last resort......

British airways are awful and I wouldnt send the worst of the loony lefties on this forum to travel with
them because theyre terrible.  I Had a similar experience to Mr frosts below and  was left stranded in koln airport,, after getting there late and missing the connection because my  flight was canceeled.  It took them about 8 months and plenty of nasty emails before they gave a refun.

And it wasnt british airways but i ended up stuck in Germany for a week,, paid for by work, when that Volcano Gyudgofigoliguyrgori or whatever it was called erupted in Iceland and grounded flights everywhere for a few days.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on July 06, 2017, 07:40:01 pm by glosterred »

And it wasnt british airways but i ended up stuck in Germany for a week,, paid for by work, when that Volcano Gyudgofigoliguyrgori or whatever it was called erupted in Iceland and grounded flights everywhere for a few days.

Lucky you when that volcano blew up I got an extra week in Afghanistan, work paid for that as well

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on July 06, 2017, 07:48:28 pm by Draytonian III »
Don't forget if your plane is over 3 hours late you can claim against the airline,my flight from Paris to Doncaster was 3 and half hours late last June. I contacted the airline, Flybe in this case and they gave a credit note for £150 lasting 18 months,my original flight was only £100 ,result

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on July 06, 2017, 08:50:20 pm by not on facebook »
Don't forget if your plane is over 3 hours late you can claim against the airline,my flight from Paris to Doncaster was 3 and half hours late last June. I contacted the airline, Flybe in this case and they gave a credit note for £150 lasting 18 months,my original flight was only £100 ,result

Wonder if it had gone as straight forward with likes of Ryan air

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on July 06, 2017, 08:57:45 pm by not on facebook »

Lucky you when that volcano blew up I got an extra week in Afghanistan, work paid for that as well

I was back in U.K. When that volcano blew its load .was sat in the palfs pub when someone from DRFC
called my mate asking how the club could contact me.

I thought it was something to do with me been banned from the ground ,so I just told my mate to take the meaasage etc etc.

Turns out that I won billy sharps signed shirt off here, and they wanted to present me with it on the pitch before the game against scunny .

Not to make a fool out of me or anyone involved I sent my old man up to collect the shirt as i was in the Hawthorne club watching the racing with a pint.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on July 07, 2017, 12:08:42 am by RedJ »
I've flown with Ryanair a few times myself, can't say they were the most comfortable planes I've been on but other than being a bit intimate with the passengers next to me, can't really complain about my experience.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on July 07, 2017, 08:27:03 am by MrFrost »
I'll try Cathay the next time i'm out in Asia. Will probably be worth the extra grand.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on July 07, 2017, 10:53:57 am by idler »
We flew to China and back with them.
We really enjoyed it, equally as good as Emirates.
We paid £90 each extra and came back business class. The wife was very impressed at being able to sleep full length in her pod.
I wouldn't pay thousands for it though.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on July 07, 2017, 11:08:20 am by MrFrost »
We paid £90 each extra and came back business class. The wife was very impressed at being able to sleep full length in her pod.

Not sure it would be thousands, it was just a grand dearer when I went to Hong Kong last month. The business class cost was around 5k each way. Eye watering.

In comparison I got flights with BA, and a hotel for 7 nights in a four star for less than £600 - but you get what you pay for in terms of service.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on July 07, 2017, 11:54:30 am by not on facebook »

Not sure it would be thousands, it was just a grand dearer when I went to Hong Kong last month. The business class cost was around 5k each way. Eye watering.

In comparison I got flights with BA, and a hotel for 7 nights in a four star for less than £600 - but you get what you pay for in terms of service.

That is one of my gripes with BA is the service ,now I can't workout if the service went downwards after likes of Ryan air became competion and if so those that run BA have never reacted to Ryan airs low price policy.

BA used to advertise as ' fly the flag' as they had something to shout about as it was very very good about 20 years ago.when was last time you saw a BA addvert on the tv?

£1000 difference on Long Haul flights is a big difference and I guess that might drag me across to BA kicking a screaming to use them.but that would not take away a bug in back of my head will they get me there and back with their recent strike history.

Can't recall when likes of Ryan air ,Air France ,Kim,Turkish airlines ,German wings ,and best airline I have ever been on air Brussels ever going on strike .

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on July 08, 2017, 06:15:21 am by GazLaz »
I've flown BA for the last 4 or 5 years on long haul. Main reason because they are far cheaper than their competitors, however their service is shocking.

Last year, on one of the new Airbus A380s, none of the entertainment on my seat worked, but despite to flight being at best 75% full, I was told I couldn't sit in another seat where the entertainment did work.

This year I booked a trip including hotel with them. When I arrived at the hotel I was told I couldn't stay there because I don't posses a credit card. BA didn't inform me of this when I booked, and it took them almost 24 hours to get me in a replacement hotel.

Never again.

Why keep using them if their service is so bad?

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on July 08, 2017, 08:25:02 am by not on facebook »

Never again.

Iam sure that Jack Frost will use BA because they are  much much cheaper on long haul than other
carriers .think he said £1000 difference in some cases ,which you can't blame him.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on July 08, 2017, 07:16:27 pm by MrFrost »

Never again.

If you can read, you'll see the reason why.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012