Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 10:47:29 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: To all DRFC Season ticket holders  (Read 7849 times)

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
To all DRFC Season ticket holders
« on February 08, 2012, 05:36:27 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Hello, I don't know how many are actually aware of this offer, but in a nutshell you get 20% of your car insurance renewal with One Call Insurance. So basically how it works is that when your car insurance is due for renewal and you get your renewal price from whoever you are insured with through, whatever their price is you get 20% off that price.

As long as your aged 25 - 78 and 2 years claim free you get this discount. £10 goes to Rovers with each one as well.

Simply for example you get £400 through from your insurer all you have to do is ring up 5 minutes of your time and you get it for £320. As far as i'm aware that will run through to next season so also a decent incentive for those undecided on a season ticket. Money can be saved elsewhere. You also get breakdown cover, legal cover, windscreen cover, courtesy car and NCB protection free.

If your renewal is due anytime just call 01302 554265 and just ask for Adam as I deal with all DRFC season ticket holders from now. Basically whatever your price is we take 20% off. This offer is available to the spouse of the season ticket holder.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
Re: To all DRFC Season ticket holders
« Reply #1 on February 08, 2012, 05:51:48 pm by Mr1Croft »
One Call wanted £25,000 for my Car Insurance, the joys of being young...

:thumbsup:

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 08, 2012, 05:57:58 pm by mushRTID »
Quote from: \"Mr1Croft\" post=218682

Chuffing hell, what were you insuring? Did Dioufy lend you this?

[attachment=1005]gold-plated-escalade_I9Oxp_5965.jpg[/attachment]

Arsenal Of The North

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 08, 2012, 05:59:01 pm by Arsenal Of The North »
they quoted me £13k now as much as id love 20% off. and help out the rovers... just not worth it! plus i didnt have 2 years no claims and im not over 25!!! but im a season ticket holder!

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 08, 2012, 06:02:02 pm by Mr1Croft »
Quote from: \"mushRTID\" post=218683
Quote from: \"Mr1Croft\" post=218682

Chuffing hell, what were you insuring? Did Dioufy lend you this?

[attachment=1005]gold-plated-escalade_I9Oxp_5965.jpg[/attachment]

As much as I would like to answer yes, sadly this represents my car more;

That said I am only 19, and my first car...

SkellowRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 08, 2012, 06:07:13 pm by SkellowRover »
Even though the club get a pittance and you get the discount from this, One Call is still very expensive. You're better off getting isurance elsewhere because the money u save means you could donate more then the £10 One Call throw at the club.

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on February 08, 2012, 06:09:03 pm by roversontheup »
It may have changed now but when i looked into it there was a hefty penalty if you changed your car during the 12 months of the policy.

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on February 08, 2012, 06:25:00 pm by DRNaith »
Quote from: \"Padge_DRFC\" post=218678
Hello, I don't know how many are actually aware of this offer, but in a nutshell you get 20% of your car insurance renewal with One Call Insurance. So basically how it works is that when your car insurance is due for renewal and you get your renewal price from whoever you are insured with through, whatever their price is you get 20% off that price.

As long as your aged 25 - 78 and 2 years claim free you get this discount. £10 goes to Rovers with each one as well.

Simply for example you get £400 through from your insurer all you have to do is ring up 5 minutes of your time and you get it for £320. As far as i'm aware that will run through to next season so also a decent incentive for those undecided on a season ticket. Money can be saved elsewhere. You also get breakdown cover, legal cover, windscreen cover, courtesy car and NCB protection free.

If your renewal is due anytime just call 01302 554265 and just ask for Adam as I deal with all DRFC season ticket holders from now. Basically whatever your price is we take 20% off. This offer is available to the spouse of the season ticket holder.

I think you could be wrong on this.

I would be very surprised if they offer 20% off your lowest quote, more likely 20% off their quote.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 08, 2012, 06:26:53 pm by MrFrost »
I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole, whatever the price. I know a few people who have worked there, and that's all i'm going to say on the issue!

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 08, 2012, 06:27:17 pm by Padge_DRFC »
It does not matter what price you get from One Call online. It's 20% of your current providers renewal they send you.

I.e say your with Churchill now they send you your renewal and its £350. You get it for £280 with One Call. Every season ticket holder gets their current providers price minus 20%. So if your 25-78 forget what you get online as that is irrelevant its 20% of the quote you get to renew your car insurance with your current provider.

5200 season ticket holders. Probably 2.5k 25 plus. £25,000 goes to DRFC.

Plus speaking over the phone if you know your going to change your car we can arrange something before setting up your policy.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 08, 2012, 06:32:03 pm by Padge_DRFC »
I think you could be wrong on this.

I would be very surprised if they offer 20% off your lowest quote, more likely 20% off their quote.

It isn't the lowest quote online, it's 20% of your current provider. As you could just make up a price. All that is asked for after setting up is just a photocopy of your renewal form from your current insurer and a photocopy of the inside of your season ticket as proof.

The same discount applies for your husband or wife.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 08, 2012, 06:36:36 pm by Padge_DRFC »
https://www.onecalldirect.co.uk/fc/Clubs/index.php

There you go. Probably a little better and shorter in explaining it.

Best probably to do it over the phone only takes 5-10 minutes.

01302 554265 gets you straight through without queuing for Season ticket holders.

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on February 08, 2012, 06:51:36 pm by Red wizard »
If i am the season ticket holder could i get it for my mum?

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on February 08, 2012, 06:52:51 pm by hoolahoop »
This should be put up as a 'sticky' , can this be arranged as the club could do with the cash ?

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 08, 2012, 06:56:15 pm by Padge_DRFC »
If i am the season ticket holder could i get it for my mum?

Unfortunately not. Sorry.

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on February 08, 2012, 06:57:14 pm by Red wizard »
Did a search today for my mum and one call was in the cheapest 5. Couldn't belive it as they are always on of the most expensive.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on February 08, 2012, 06:57:56 pm by hoolahoop »
You could if you were a Dingle of course as it covers spouses.;)

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on February 08, 2012, 06:59:58 pm by Padge_DRFC »
This should be put up as a 'sticky' , can this be arranged as the club could do with the cash ?

Yes that would be good. Money generated for DRFC and making an easy saving for season ticket holders cash.

keepmoatman

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on February 08, 2012, 07:23:41 pm by keepmoatman »
the 20per cent discount is for new business only . So basically you get it once .
which i found out to my expence.
i did renew with them but never again .
also the breakdown cover is total gash, arrange your own .

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on February 08, 2012, 10:45:34 pm by Superspy »
I tried them last year I think but they wouldn't touch me due to the modifications on the car =/ Ah well, always another company willing to take money from me :S

donnyproletarian

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on February 08, 2012, 11:48:48 pm by donnyproletarian »
I used go compare and they came up as one of the cheapest with all the trimmings.However, still had to pay out extra for insurance as there are hidden charges and you have to pay 20% of the roadside recovery.Stll used them because of the rovers connection.They would not help me out as a fan because i have not got a season ticket which was a bit of a bummer.I explained my misses is disabled so its not been economical this season with the discount and circumstances as i cant guarantee to make all the games .Anyway whatever you do avoid Hastings .Got stung by them last year.Even though i was fully comp they dont insure you to drive other cars.Cost me a fortune in hire cars.Robbing bas**rds.

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on February 09, 2012, 09:35:09 am by Thinwhiteduke »
Quote from: \"MrFrost\" post=218695
I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole, whatever the price. I know a few people who have worked there, and that's all i'm going to say on the issue!

Agreed.

Abysmal customer service. If someone trawls my posts they can read the experience I had in full.

In a nutshell, after a number of weeks I had to threaten them with legal action, when their numpty staff insisted that an Insurance quotation was a verbal contract and they'd take me to court to force me into taking out their insurance.

This is all within the last 12 months.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on February 09, 2012, 10:56:27 am by Padge_DRFC »
.Even though i was fully comp they dont insure you to drive other cars

That is not the case either.

Donnylass

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on February 09, 2012, 11:14:25 am by Donnylass »
I took my insurance out with them this year. They gave me the 20% discount on what my previous ins co quoted and this was then cheaper than my cheapest quote on line. But as Keepmoat man said this is a one time offer, which seems a bit silly. I've heard the bad stories about the insurance, but until it happens to me I'm happy with it as I've given a bit to the club.

Keepmoat man is right - 'free' breakdown is terrible. But overall the ins is still cheaper even with getting extra breakdown.

:scarf:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012