Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 08:55:56 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: January priorities  (Read 9926 times)

dickos1

• VSC Member
Re: January priorities
« Reply #120 on December 24, 2023, 09:17:59 am by dickos1 »
I’d be looking at odoh and Cornelius from harrogate, Cornelius is just what we need in middle of the park

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #121 on December 24, 2023, 12:36:42 pm by andyst79 »
How much is Olowu worth?

I’d probably look to cash in.

He has valuable attributes but defenders with the heart of a mouse aren’t going to get you anywhere in L2. And we’ve done nothing but lose since he’s been in the defence.

He's worth nothing. No-one is ever going to pay money to take him off us.

This Olowu worship is truly mystifying.
Yeah just not good enough, be glad to see the back of Close when his contracts up at the end of the season also.
Close and Westbrooke are a decent combination if we can get a ball-winner alongside. Close will at least get on the ball and look to make things happen. With nothing in support, it's no wonder he struggles to last 90 minutes.
My issue with Close is he's just not mobile enough and offers very little out of possession. I get that he can hurt teams with his passing ability if he's allowed time and space on the ball but pressure him and he becomes unable to affect games , which in L2 is something we can Ill afford. Westbrook on the other hand is a lot more dynamic and able to pick up the pockets which makes him a much better midfielder.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2023, 12:46:52 pm by andyst79 »

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #122 on December 24, 2023, 12:38:21 pm by roversdude »
How much is Olowu worth?

I’d probably look to cash in.

He has valuable attributes but defenders with the heart of a mouse aren’t going to get you anywhere in L2. And we’ve done nothing but lose since he’s been in the defence.

He's worth nothing. No-one is ever going to pay money to take him off us.

This Olowu worship is truly mystifying.
Yeah just not good enough, be glad to see the back of Close when his contracts up at the end of the season also.
Close and Westbrooke are a decent combination if we can get a ball-winner alongside. Close will at least get on the ball and look to make things happen. With nothing in support, it's no wonder he struggles to last 90 minutes.
My issue with Stock is he's just not mobile enough and offers very little out of possession. I get that he can hurt teams with his passing ability if he's allowed time and space on the ball but pressure him and he becomes unable to affect games , which in L2 is something we can Ill afford. Westbrook on the other hand is a lot more dynamic and able to pick up the pockets which makes him a much better midfielder.

Think his legs might have gone by now although he could still find a pass in the Legends game

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #123 on December 24, 2023, 01:02:09 pm by Chris Black come back »
I’d be looking at odoh and Cornelius from harrogate, Cornelius is just what we need in middle of the park

Both contracted until summer 2025 so doubt very much we are going to be able to afford them.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #124 on December 24, 2023, 02:22:00 pm by GazLaz »

I saw Odoh in Leeds Costco a few weeks ago funnily enough. He was Kayne Ramsay who’s probably their best player. Not a great fan of Cornelius although he’s only young and can improve.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #125 on December 24, 2023, 03:10:50 pm by ncRover »

I saw Odoh in Leeds Costco a few weeks ago funnily enough. He was Kayne Ramsay who’s probably their best player. Not a great fan of Cornelius although he’s only young and can improve.

Cornelius dominated our midfield in that opening fixture. Perhaps just better conditioning. That should be a January priority.

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #126 on December 24, 2023, 03:30:57 pm by ForsolongaRover »
Close exemplifies the dubious “team spirit”. He does not seem to be able to lift his own game if the team are not playing well. Real leaders can inspire their team mates. Captains like Stock and Jones could raise the spirits of those around them, but for me Close only started to show real quality when the team as a whole started to put a few results together earlier this season. Now we are in the doldrums, so is Close.

Consequently he must surely prove his worth game in, game out to earn a new deal after this one runs out.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #127 on December 24, 2023, 04:49:55 pm by Campsall rover »
Close exemplifies the dubious “team spirit”. He does not seem to be able to lift his own game if the team are not playing well. Real leaders can inspire their team mates. Captains like Stock and Jones could raise the spirits of those around them, but for me Close only started to show real quality when the team as a whole started to put a few results together earlier this season. Now we are in the doldrums, so is Close.

Consequently he must surely prove his worth game in, game out to earn a new deal after this one runs out.
This is the problem
We have no leaders on the park. No one geeing anyone up. Quite the opposite. Heads go down. There will be major surgery done. GM will have learnt an awful lot in his 1st 6 months.
Will have been a massive culture shock from where he left it in May 2019.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #128 on December 26, 2023, 10:40:46 am by i_ateallthepies »
Does anyone else not feel we could be in a relegation battle with our fragile defence and the injury situation? Our midfields piss poor without Westbrook holding it together.

Christ, I hope Baldwin doesn't answer this, andyst79.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012