Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 05:15:04 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Besian Idrizaj  (Read 3826 times)

paddymacca

• Forum Member
Besian Idrizaj
« on May 15, 2010, 07:04:36 pm by paddymacca »
sadly passed away in his sleep apparently at the age of 22. Sad sad news and very upseting for all those connected with him.

My condolences go out to his family and friends and to swansea city as well.

R.I.P. Besian

Besian Idrizaj

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

mushRTID

• Forum Member
Re:Besian Idrizaj
« Reply #1 on May 15, 2010, 07:14:52 pm by mushRTID »
I read somewhere else that Liverpool released him because of health problems. Apparently medics strongly advised him to retire due to his health.

Mark DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 15, 2010, 07:15:25 pm by Mark DRFC »
Yes, i agree. My thoughts are out to his family and friends also

R.I.P Besian

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on May 16, 2010, 10:27:30 pm by Branton Rover »
Absolute tragedy, RIP mate

Sif

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 17, 2010, 12:48:04 am by Sif »
Can i just say that my thoughts don't go out to his family, purely because i'm not some sort of knee-jerk, over-reactionary, grief-stricken t**t. How many minutes did your thoughts go out to them for, did you sit there in the darkness of your living room contemplating how empty his mother must feel knowing that her son is gone? Get a grip FFS!!

Still, unlucky for that lad.

topnotch_Donny

« Reply #5 on May 17, 2010, 12:56:28 am by topnotch_Donny »
Sif wrote:
Can i just say that my thoughts don't go out to his family, purely because i'm not some sort of knee-jerk, over-reactionary, grief-stricken t**t. How many minutes did your thoughts go out to them for, did you sit there in the darkness of your living room contemplating how empty his mother must feel knowing that her son is gone? Get a grip FFS!!

I actually have had it on mind all day. I know people that died before their time (in their teens) and it makes you think.

And my thoughts go to his family, and no jerk can stop my condolences  :angry:

muff licker

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 17, 2010, 11:33:37 am by muff licker »
Sif wrote:

So people who pay their respects on the board to players who pass away are 'grief stricken t**ts' - your doing this 3 peaks challenge with Carl Harris for his Dad, did you know his Dad can i ask???

You are complete prick Sif, amazing how someone can shoot there mouth off as much as you either on here or other sites, but face to face say f**k all......roll on the new season.

Sif

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on May 23, 2010, 01:23:23 pm by Sif »
muff licker wrote:
Sif wrote:

So people who pay their respects on the board to players who pass away are 'grief stricken t**ts' - your doing this 3 peaks challenge with Carl Harris for his Dad, did you know his Dad can i ask???

You are complete prick Sif, amazing how someone can shoot there mouth off as much as you either on here or other sites, but face to face say fcuk all......roll on the new season.

Nope, i didn't know Carl's dad at all. But i know Carl, and i know him well. I know what he meant to Carl & i understand the reason why he has to do this challenge. I'm doing this to support carl as much as i am to support Macmillan.

Does that answer your question? Oh yeah, coongrats to Cardiff on yesterdays result.

MartinB

« Reply #8 on May 23, 2010, 02:00:22 pm by MartinB »
This is disgusting. Very disrespectful, I would like the mods to delete this thread.

paddymacca

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on May 23, 2010, 05:41:26 pm by paddymacca »

You disrespectful little tw*t. Its times like these when football is really put into perspective and doesn't really matter. A young footballer playing in our division has lost his life and all we are doing is showing a small bit of respect for him.

Is there something wrong with you mentally or something.  :angry:

Uredz

« Reply #10 on May 24, 2010, 04:14:40 pm by Uredz »
Sif, I hope this is just one of your \"dark humour, inane ramblings\" even if it is, then the context is well out of order.

If you really did mean what you said, then as a person who knows you personally, I am well disappointed in you. Well out of order mate.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on May 24, 2010, 11:07:11 pm by BobG »
I find this thread both odd, and interesting, at the same time.

On the one hand, which of us really cares about what happened to the poor lad? None of us knew him. None of us knew any of his friends, relatives, family. So on an intellectual level, there is not much to be sad about. So I understand Sif's point. In fact, I almost agree with it.

But on the other hand, the backlash against Sif's comment does make me realise that there are plenty of people on this board who take a christian (small 'c'' for me) view of what is clearly a sad and unfortunate event. So Sif's bad press could be seen as an expression of christian values and a caring for humanity in general. We should all admire that.

But you can take the point further: where does christian sensitivity end and political correctness begin? Is this simply a fashion that makes Sif almost a pariah? It reminds me of all that wailing and beating of breasts when Diana died. What the chuff was all that for???? I despised that then and I despise it now. So, I'm going to conclude on the side of the minority. Always did like a good minority. Idrizaj's death was a sad event. But it touched none of us in even the remotest degree. So whilst I can, and do, regret his passing, I'm not going to break out in a rash about it. So well done to Sif for honesty, for thinking clearly and for having the guts to put it inw writing.

Cheers

BobG

topnotch_Donny

« Reply #12 on May 24, 2010, 11:27:55 pm by topnotch_Donny »
Football fans can post their condolences even though it means very little. A football player died so it was announced on a football forum.

Why question or offend folks that want to post their sorrows? If they felt a second sorrow then surely that gives them a right to post their thoughts?

Why question this? Why not just let people post condolences and leave it?

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on May 25, 2010, 01:53:06 am by RobTheRover »
Is Bob questioning it?  I'm not sure he is, more like balancing both sides of the debate.

topnotch_Donny

« Reply #14 on May 25, 2010, 01:59:39 am by topnotch_Donny »
Surely there is no debate to be had? If folk want to post condolences then why should it be objected?

There shouldn't be an issue here. If people wanted to post their sorrows then whats wrong with that? If you object then surely just ignore the thread as it is a delicate matter even if some cant see that.

topnotch_Donny

« Reply #15 on May 25, 2010, 02:01:55 am by topnotch_Donny »
RobTheRover wrote:
Is Bob questioning it?  I'm not sure he is, more like balancing both sides of the debate.

And I never quoted bob, but just looking at this overall.

muff licker

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on May 25, 2010, 08:39:17 am by muff licker »
BobG wrote:
I find this thread both odd, and interesting, at the same time.

On the one hand, which of us really cares about what happened to the poor lad? None of us knew him. None of us knew any of his friends, relatives, family. So on an intellectual level, there is not much to be sad about. So I understand Sif's point. In fact, I almost agree with it.

But on the other hand, the backlash against Sif's comment does make me realise that there are plenty of people on this board who take a christian (small 'c'' for me) view of what is clearly a sad and unfortunate event. So Sif's bad press could be seen as an expression of christian values and a caring for humanity in general. We should all admire that.

But you can take the point further: where does christian sensitivity end and political correctness begin? Is this simply a fashion that makes Sif almost a pariah? It reminds me of all that wailing and beating of breasts when Diana died. What the chuff was all that for???? I despised that then and I despise it now. So, I'm going to conclude on the side of the minority. Always did like a good minority. Idrizaj's death was a sad event. But it touched none of us in even the remotest degree. So whilst I can, and do, regret his passing, I'm not going to break out in a rash about it. So well done to Sif for honesty, for thinking clearly and for having the guts to put it inw writing.

Cheers

BobG

Fair point Bob, however i can remember when Irish Joe passed away, i never knew the lad however i passed my condolences, so am i grief stricken t**t' or because he was a Rovers fan was that different?
The hatred between Cardiff and The Jack bas**rds is massive BUT even Cardiff fans passed on their condolences to a Board set up in honour of the said player.

Jonathan

« Reply #17 on May 25, 2010, 12:53:59 pm by Jonathan »
Bob has expressed the point and it's something I tend to agree with where my own perspective is concerned. I think the issue with Sif's original post is that it was worded in a completely tactless manner, offensive too, and although there may be a valid point in there, did the point really need making? I would question why, in this case, it wouldn't have just been better to keep that thought to himself and allow others to be respectful in whatever way they see fit.

DubaiRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on May 25, 2010, 01:12:22 pm by DubaiRover »
I think there is still a section in the free press under obituries or something where people can publish condolences, I think that would be a more suitable place personally.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012