Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 12:11:38 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Could this be are new No.10??  (Read 2996 times)

paddymacca

• Forum Member
Could this be are new No.10??
« on July 06, 2010, 07:15:07 pm by paddymacca »
With many on here saying sharp is going to be no.17..
how would this man be for a no.10  :laugh:  :laugh:

You never know.
Just a bit of fun  :laugh:  :laugh:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

redrover19

• Forum Member
Re:Could this be are new No.10??
« Reply #1 on July 06, 2010, 07:25:13 pm by redrover19 »
possibly the best number 10 we have ever had

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on July 06, 2010, 07:46:09 pm by Drover »
redrover19 wrote:
possibly the best number 10 we have ever had

Thats not hard is it?We have had a alot of T#ats at No 10 - Brown,Major,thatcher now Cameron n Clegg!  :)

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on July 06, 2010, 07:52:12 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
You forgot Blair. The biggest liar / t**t of 'em all.  ;)

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on July 06, 2010, 08:19:31 pm by Drover »
Did not mind Blair,Yes he a liar but they all are.I liked him because he was like a lawyer,he knew how to speak well,charm people and got people to have confidence in him,he could get out of jail with his charm and that in turn Kept Britain in boom times,all the confidence was lost with the power hungry bully Brown.Anyway rant over,I should keep this for the Off topic  ;) .

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on July 06, 2010, 08:56:57 pm by Jonathan »
Sorry but I just hate it when people confuse 'are' with 'our.' They are simple three letter words, so basic you should learn them in first school! Please change the title of this thread accordingly.

george-friend

• Forum Member
Re:Could this be our new No.10??
« Reply #6 on July 06, 2010, 08:59:14 pm by george-friend »
i done it.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on July 06, 2010, 09:58:56 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Jonathan wrote:
Sorry but I just hate it when people confuse 'are' with 'our.' They are simple three letter words, so basic you should learn them in first school! Please change the title of this thread accordingly.

Jonathan, thank fcuk it isn't just me.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on July 06, 2010, 10:04:48 pm by Donnywolf »
i_ateallthepies wrote:
Jonathan wrote:

Jonathan, thank fcuk it isn't just me.

No it is not ...... count me in too

I gave up in despair long ago - oops looks like I started again

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on July 06, 2010, 10:11:49 pm by BobG »
And me too! I accept some folk really do have dyslexia - and I do not know who they are. But the number of either lazy or idiotic spellings on here beggars belief. Oh. and it pisses me off too. Which is probably a good cue for a whole load more :):)

BobG

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on July 06, 2010, 10:15:20 pm by Barmby Rover »
The state of modern education Bob! Glad I jumped out when I did as a teacher, it is all about targets and passing the test now, not about education.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on July 06, 2010, 10:18:11 pm by Al4475 »
Tell me about it! It's not right, my Year 6s have simply been swapped with Literacy and Numeracy this year - kids saying, \"Got an embeddded clause in Sir, plus a colon, semi-colon and four definite paragraphs! Why oh why?

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on July 06, 2010, 10:18:17 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
Barmby Rover wrote:
The state of modern education Bob! Glad I jumped out when I did as a teacher, it is all about targets and passing the test now, not about education.

Pretty scary when my 5 year old is getting told at School that it isnt important how she spells a word as long as other people know what she means! That can't be right - surely!?!?

I think I shall be having words with her Teacher come parents evening.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on July 06, 2010, 10:19:04 pm by BobG »
But what do you think 'work' is about anywhere else Barmby? That's EXACTLY what we have to do all day every day. Meet the target. No bugger cares how. No bugger cares about the longer term consequences. NO bugger minds if me meeting my target screws you meeting yours. It's downright f**king mad.

BobG

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on July 06, 2010, 11:16:41 pm by RobTheRover »
Thinwhiteduke wrote:
Barmby Rover wrote:

Pretty scary when my 5 year old is getting told at School that it isnt important how she spells a word as long as other people know what she means! That can't be right - surely!?!?

We may as well get them to type up their work on a mobile phone, there Dave.  I'm a school governor at a local school, and believe me, spelling is VERY important.  They year 1s and 2s have a spelling test every single week, and have all week to work on learning them AT HOME WITH THEIR PARENTS.  Involve the parents in the process is the key.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on July 07, 2010, 08:09:54 am by Wellred »
RobTheRover wrote:
Thinwhiteduke wrote:
Barmby Rover wrote:

We may as well get them to type up their work on a mobile phone, there Dave.  I'm a school governor at a local school, and believe me, spelling is VERY important.  They year 1s and 2s have a spelling test every single week, and have all week to work on learning them AT HOME WITH THEIR PARENTS.  Involve the parents in the process is the key.

I don't know what school you are a governor at Rob but it can't be a certain one in Edenthorpe. I was told at a parents evening by my daughter's English teacher that spelling wasn't important when asked how we could help her improve her spelling.

How annoyed I was when at 21 and at Uni it was discovered she was dyslexic.

stockholmrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on July 07, 2010, 08:47:25 am by stockholmrover »
RobTheRover wrote:
Thinwhiteduke wrote:
Barmby Rover wrote:

I like the idea Rob but now we are too far down the track. The parents can't spell and the ones that can work 18 hours a day to cover everyone else!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012