Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 11:50:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Public Relations  (Read 808 times)

sf9944

• Forum Member
Public Relations
« on July 31, 2013, 09:52:32 pm by sf9944 »
I don't for one minute doubt that the owners have the best possible motives for their actions.  And I don't subscribe to the theory that we are relegation fodder before the season has even started.  We have some very good players although admittedly perhaps not enough of them.

Although I have not heard it remotely stated in among all the confusion of today everyone is assuming there will be no further investment.  I'm still confident there will be.  From where, by whom and when is less certain and I think this uncertainty is behind all the disappointment and the reason for some of the knee jerk reactions. 

You won't find too many more positive supporters of this club than me.  However I have to be honest and say that the way the whole thing has been handled from a PR point of view has been very poor.  Little snippets of info leaked over a period of many weeks leading to wild speculation and inevitable impatience.  The club implicit in allowing us to be linked to any number of top-class players leading to inevitable disappointment.

I feel the club has treated the average supporter pretty shabbily over the last period.  It has underestimated how difficult it can be not to be 'ITK' when clearly others are and frankly in some cases flaunt it.  The supporters (me included) only feel so much frustration and disappointment because of our love for the club.  Its a big part of peoples lives.

Although I understand that in this case it has been very hard, my plea is that the club works harder in the future to manage communications with the supporters.  Perhaps invest in some better PR expertise. 

Back to positive.  I trust in the club.  The owners, Gavin, PD and the players.  I'm still on a high from Brentford all these months later and I think we'll be ok!

:rtid:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012