Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 12:19:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Tossers on Twitter!  (Read 7666 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Tossers on Twitter!
« on February 13, 2013, 08:23:55 am by Filo »
What is it with some of our so called fans? Giving players abuse, and now the groundsman gets abuse, the VSC and the club do something positive and interact with the fans and then these morons spout abuse behind a phone or pc screen. Andy  the groundsman has even received personal abuse via a txt message on his phone. I for one hope Andy reports that to the Police they have a phone number to trace the individual and I hope the tosser responsible ends up paying severely for his moronic actions!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
Re: Tossers on Twitter!
« Reply #1 on February 13, 2013, 08:26:01 am by RobTheRover »
Agreed 100%.   Andy has already said that the pitch is in a state thanks to having to be under cover for the most of a month. Some people need to take a long hard look at themselves.

oggycompton

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 13, 2013, 08:26:21 am by oggycompton »
Its imbeciles Filo, its very easy for people to sit behind a compuiter and give abuse without a thought about how it affects the people concerend. The true supportes are aware of the hard work that goes on to enable games like Leyton Orient go ahead. These minority do not speak for the majority, I always try and let that be known on Twitter but you are right, inexcusable.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on February 13, 2013, 08:28:06 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Unfortunately these idiots have always been around, difference is when they could once chat about it in a pub these idiots don't go out (and in some cases even to games) yet seem to want to abuse people online.  It's a sad indictment of modern society.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 13, 2013, 08:37:43 am by Filo »
For the people not on twitter this is what he recieved via txt message

Andy Thompson ‏@Andy_Thompson21

Final say..this is a text i got on my work phone last nite. Sent it to my iphone to upload. pic.twitter.com/0DD5Yqj2
Hide photo

Retweet
    Favorite
    More

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 13, 2013, 08:40:40 am by DonnyOsmond »
You'd expect it from teenagers but most if the time they're grown men.

oggycompton

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 13, 2013, 08:41:55 am by oggycompton »
Apalling and not just the grammar/spelling and grip on the English language. He should make the phone number public knowledge and we can all abuse him.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on February 13, 2013, 08:42:21 am by Filo »
Agreed 100%.   Andy has already said that the pitch is in a state thanks to having to be under cover for the most of a month. Some people need to take a long hard look at themselves.

Rob, I`m saying this publicly because this has disgusted me so much.

If we find that the person responsible has an account and posts on this site that person should be banned regardless of whether he`s contravened any forum rules or not, I for one do not wish to be associated with this scumbag in any way, shape or form!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on February 13, 2013, 08:43:45 am by Filo »
Apalling and not just the grammar/spelling and grip on the English language. He should make the phone number public knowledge and we can all abuse him.

He should pass the phone number to the police, what that person has done there is a criminal offence!

AbsolutDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on February 13, 2013, 08:58:33 am by AbsolutDRFC »
Staggering behaviour isn't it.

Even if it's just 1 person that's done this, it's 1 person too many.

All the hours of graft that Andy & his team put in and that's the thanks they get from this muppet.

I doubt whether our police would do anything about it (not that I agree with naming and shaming in public), but what can you do about things like this nowadays without appearing to be just as bad?

Oxford Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 13, 2013, 09:04:29 am by Oxford Rover »
My first post on here so hello all.

This is something that really angers me. Players go on twitter to interact with fans, but you get morons like these who spoil it.
We are second in the league and going through our blip every team will, it's time to get behind the team.

LINCrover2

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 13, 2013, 09:15:19 am by LINCrover2 »
Very similarly worded to the abuse Cotts got from a young lad on Twitter last night. Both used the term 'work shy'.

Probs just a coincidence, but maybe not.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on February 13, 2013, 09:16:15 am by Filo »
Staggering behaviour isn't it.

Even if it's just 1 person that's done this, it's 1 person too many.

All the hours of graft that Andy & his team put in and that's the thanks they get from this muppet.

I doubt whether our police would do anything about it (not that I agree with naming and shaming in public), but what can you do about things like this nowadays without appearing to be just as bad?

Andy says he`s had 12 DM`s on twitter and 2 txt messages of abuse, so it appears it`s more than one idiot

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on February 13, 2013, 09:31:17 am by donnievic »
For me the biggest problem with the pitch although it looks bad and bare which is hardly andys fault is the bounce of the ball on it which has always been the case.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 13, 2013, 09:54:21 am by wing commander »
   This really really does sadden me...We are all feeling a little annoyed after last night performance but to abuse our players and groundsmen is not acceptable...
    We all have disagreement's and i will defend anybody's right to criticise the players on twitter after all they have put themselves on there...However you argue your point wether it's right or wrong without the personal abuse....

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 13, 2013, 10:07:05 am by coventryrover »
bloody idiots.

surely the culprit could be tracked down?

andy does a brilliant job, its his pride and livelihood

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on February 13, 2013, 10:16:28 am by newyankee »

I presume every groundsman at every club is getting the same abuse for not controlling the weather. I can onlt watch on TV from over here, but the pitches everywhere are a disgrace because of the appalling weather you have had. As for this cretin, let's find him and shame him, just like the idiot at Millwall with the racial abuse of Diouf.

Well done Andy, you and your counterparts are doing a brilliant job in very extreme circumstances. 

I also think players today are too well looked after pitch wise, look at some of the pitches real footballers like Charlton, Law and Best played on.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on February 13, 2013, 10:23:21 am by hoolahoop »

Rob, I`m saying this publicly because this has disgusted me so much.

If we find that the person responsible has an account and posts on this site that person should be banned regardless of whether he`s contravened any forum rules or not, I for one do not wish to be associated with this scumbag in any way, shape or form!

I couldn't agree more and I hope they can find who they are.............disgraceful behaviour.  :mad:

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on February 13, 2013, 10:28:33 am by Alickismyhero »
I actually agree with you on this one NY! name and shame.

But who is Charlton, Law and Best? obviously before my time?

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on February 13, 2013, 10:32:58 am by Drover »
I actually agree with you on this one NY! name and shame.

But who is Charlton, Law and Best? obviously before my time?

What! When Alick is your hero?  ;)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 10:35:05 am by Drover »

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on February 13, 2013, 10:34:44 am by newyankee »
You do surprise me Alick!!!!!!!     Nice one Drover.

Belle-Vue-Ghost

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on February 13, 2013, 10:35:43 am by Belle-Vue-Ghost »
What an absolute disgrage - incidents like this make me ashamed that I support the same club as these idiots.

FAO Andy - you have done a fine job this year, dont listen to the idiots.  I hope you know that its a view of a very small minority of idiots and NOT the majority.

Another thing that gets on my nerves is the abuse of players.  Ok last night wasn't a startling performance, but I was happy that we 'stopped the rot' so to speak.  Especially considering the side we had out.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on February 13, 2013, 10:49:41 am by eastender »

Well done Andy, you and your counterparts are doing a brilliant job in very extreme circumstances. 

I also think players today are too well looked after pitch wise, look at some of the pitches real footballers like Charlton, Law and Best played on.

Good call  NY , here's George scoring 6 in 1 game on an Old Trafford mud bath , enjoy

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dftT1QcKfvc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dftT1QcKfvc</a>

ArmthorpeRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on February 13, 2013, 10:53:04 am by ArmthorpeRover »
Until someone is held accountable for what they say then Twitter will attract the keyboard warrior f**ktards. I'm not sure if it's even possible to do anything but it boils my piss.

You wouldn't say this to ppl in the street (well....not most of us anyways) so how the hell do they think it's acceptable behind a monitor?

DN8ROVER

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on February 13, 2013, 10:59:36 am by DN8ROVER »

Good call  NY , here's George scoring 6 in 1 game on an Old Trafford mud bath , enjoy

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dftT1QcKfvc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dftT1QcKfvc</a>

That was at Northampton not Old Trafford. Playing on surfaces like that was the norm in mid winter back in the day.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on February 13, 2013, 11:02:41 am by eastender »
sorry my mistake

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on February 13, 2013, 11:10:37 am by donnievic »
If think our pitch is bad wait till you see crawleys

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on February 13, 2013, 11:25:45 am by BobG »
I support name, shame, forum ban and reference to police. And a sound caning as well.

BobG

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on February 13, 2013, 11:33:57 am by Mr1Croft »
Until someone is held accountable for what they say then Twitter will attract the keyboard warrior f**ktards. I'm not sure if it's even possible to do anything but it boils my piss.

You wouldn't say this to ppl in the street (well....not most of us anyways) so how the hell do they think it's acceptable behind a monitor?

Well I remember that guy who was arrested (and suspended from his job) when we tweeted (about Robin Hood Airport) "You've got a week and a bit to get your shit together, otherwise I'm blowing the airport skyhigh".

http://www.webuser.co.uk/news/top-stories/438817/man-arrested-after-airport-bomb-joke-on-twitter

You can abuse people all you like and the authorities remain clueless as to what to do. But the minute you threaten terrorism they are quick to come down hard.

ArmthorpeRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on February 13, 2013, 11:43:29 am by ArmthorpeRover »
I support name, shame, forum ban and reference to police. And a sound caning as well.

BobG

I'm with you, I bet they soon zip it when they are known. It's the anonymity that keeps them going.

Until someone is held accountable for what they say then Twitter will attract the keyboard warrior f***tards. I'm not sure if it's even possible to do anything but it boils my piss.

Well I remember that guy who was arrested (and suspended from his job) when we tweeted (about Robin Hood Airport) "You've got a week and a bit to get your shit together, otherwise I'm blowing the airport skyhigh".

http://www.webuser.co.uk/news/top-stories/438817/man-arrested-after-airport-bomb-joke-on-twitter

You can abuse people all you like and the authorities remain clueless as to what to do. But the minute you threaten terrorism they are quick to come down hard.

That's what I mean, I don't think there is anything that can be done.....maybe naming and shaming is the way.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012