Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 11:44:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Panic in the Doncaster defence  (Read 2384 times)

I-was-there1976

Panic in the Doncaster defence
« on October 02, 2010, 03:32:01 pm by I-was-there1976 »
leads to Dextor Blackstock scoring says BBC man

Panic Panic runaway

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Wellred

• Forum Member
Re:Panic in the Doncaster defence
« Reply #1 on October 02, 2010, 06:40:48 pm by Wellred »
They scored from a corner. So whats new?

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 02, 2010, 09:54:28 pm by DonnyNoel »
I wouldn't call it panic. The exact opposite in fact, everyone seemed perfectly calm and relaxed and not wanting to be stressed by the hassle of picking up a centre forward six yards out. I'd be disappointed if he'd had to spin on a sixpence and slam a volley in but for him to be able to stand there, control it, pick which way to turn and then casually finish...

Wello

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 03, 2010, 12:12:20 am by Wello »
Zonal marking, enough said.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on October 03, 2010, 12:26:44 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Wello wrote:
Zonal marking, enough said.

Agree 100%. We had already had one warning of their tactic of dropping someone off way beyond the far post. The lack of man-marking for the bloke at the far post for the goal was excruciating. The only surprise was that Forest didn't try the same tactics after that!

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on October 03, 2010, 01:12:00 am by RobTheRover »
I thought the music had stopped and the first to move was out of the game and had to go and sit with their mum.

Utterly ridiculous defending.  No pressure on the ball at all.

alison o connor

« Reply #6 on October 03, 2010, 08:55:03 pm by alison o connor »
Actually Rob I'm thinking of asking the Rovers players to come to Parklands on a Sunday morning to watch some lads play with grit, guts determination and pride win or lose. Today our Spen was rock solid in Jimmy's position he stood tall as captain and encouraged his players to defend with all their might and to carry on even when the rain had been pouring down all morning, he was rock solid all the parents were so proud of our 3 2 win.I wasn't proud of those lads as much yesterday.

CJK

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 03, 2010, 09:44:22 pm by CJK »
The defending is definitely costing us at the moment, especially from set pieces where we are absolutely awful. Freind worries me the more I see of him, I'm sure SOD/ROK can make him a good player in time, but at the moment we need to hope Chambers is close to a return which looks likely given his participation in the warm up. With Chambers I think it will make all the difference to our side.

Our luck is certainly out at the moment too, we're just hitting the wrong side of the bar at this current time, Wilson yesterday, Copps against QPR and Shiels against Leeds, when our luck turns we'll be ready for it.

Glass definitely half full!

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on October 04, 2010, 07:49:03 am by CusworthRovers »
alison o connor wrote:
Actually Rob I'm thinking of asking the Rovers players to come to Parklands on a Sunday morning to watch some lads play with grit, guts determination and pride win or lose. Today our Spen was rock solid in Jimmy's position he stood tall as captain and encouraged his players to defend with all their might and to carry on even when the rain had been pouring down all morning, he was rock solid all the parents were so proud of our 3 2 win.I wasn't proud of those lads as much yesterday.

Ditto, our lads manned the monsoon, and won 3-1. It was horrendous conditions.

As for the Forest goal, it all seemed in extreme slo-mo, except for Dexter who was in real time. I could see/hear myself shouting:
cloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooose, hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiim, dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooown

TinyPortal © 2005-2012