Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 07:18:01 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Billy/ Copps  (Read 2380 times)

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
Billy/ Copps
« on August 26, 2011, 12:26:37 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
In star yesterday that Billy looking be back by end of Sept and Cops torn his calf in two places and wont play Sat

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

scuzzer

• VSC Member
Re: Billy/ Copps
« Reply #1 on August 26, 2011, 01:10:24 pm by scuzzer »
Shame about Copps, that could be a troublesome one that takes a while to get over, great news on the other hand on Billy, it looked way worse than that, fingers crossed that proves to be the case.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on August 26, 2011, 05:48:24 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Getting a little ahead of ourselves on the Billy injury if SO'D's interview earlier this week is anything to go by.  Too early to say whether it will heal naturally or require surgery to pin the joint.  Having weekly X-rays to track progress.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on August 26, 2011, 05:59:24 pm by Filo »
Quote from: \"i_ateallthepies\" post=179561
Getting a little ahead of ourselves on the Billy injury if SO'D's interview earlier this week is anything to go by.  Too early to say whether it will heal naturally or require surgery to pin the joint.  Having weekly X-rays to track progress.

I saw Billy at the Leeds game walk across the pitch without crutches, he still had the boot on like, and I`m sure he`s had confirmation that there has been no movement of the bones and he does not require surgery

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on August 26, 2011, 06:11:59 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
We have to accept that time will take it's course and not to get too carried away otherwise we'll be disappointed.

I remember last season when Billy had the hamstring injury. I saw him in the club shop and he was bouncing about saying he's ready. He told RO'K he was available for selection only about 10 days after the injury! All reports suggested it would be four weeks at least. I think after 3 weeks he was back in training.

Mason supposed to be only 2 weeks off resuming light training. On the other side of the international break, Martin Woods may have been given the ok to start training so, we could have a wealth of available talent in a month from now.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 26, 2011, 07:15:09 pm by steve@dcfd »
Quote from: \"Norfolk N Chance\" post=179531
In star yesterday that Billy looking be back by end of Sept and Cops torn his calf in two places and wont play Sat

Let's hope other players tomorrow and other games take up the mantle of Billys goal scoring. We have put in four good performances at home and won one in the cup against lower league opposition and lost the other three although we should have least have had 2 draws and win. Goals win games so all the players in the attacking third must take their chances when they have them. The players really want to be coming away after the game knowing theynhave performed and taken their chances. We can't wait for Billy to return.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on August 27, 2011, 07:13:14 am by The Red Baron »

There's not a lot we can do about the kind of injuries suffered by Sharp, Hayter and Mason, other than manage their rehabilitation well. On the other hand, a torn muscle sustained in training is the sort of thing that dogged us all last season and we should be avoiding. Either he hadn't warmed up properly or wasn't sufficiently hydrated and cramped up. The players have to take ultimate responsibility, of course, but these kind of things need to be drummed into them until they do them without thinking.

If I was the manager, or the fitness coach, I'd be bloody livid- and doing everything to make sure that we don't suffer any more muscle pulls.

Yargo

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 27, 2011, 10:37:35 am by Yargo »
Spotted at Cantley Park t'other day was Steve Brooker,seemed to be running ok,close to signing a \"pay as you play\" contract?

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on August 27, 2011, 12:30:47 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Quote from: \"The Red Baron\" post=179617

There's not a lot we can do about the kind of injuries suffered by Sharp, Hayter and Mason, other than manage their rehabilitation well. On the other hand, a torn muscle sustained in training is the sort of thing that dogged us all last season and we should be avoiding. Either he hadn't warmed up properly or wasn't sufficiently hydrated and cramped up. The players have to take ultimate responsibility, of course, but these kind of things need to be drummed into them until they do them without thinking.

If I was the manager, or the fitness coach, I'd be bloody livid- and doing everything to make sure that we don't suffer any more muscle pulls.

Seem to think Copps had a spell out last season with a torn calf as well.  As you say RB, shouldn't be letting this kind of injury happen.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012