Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 10:11:45 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Positivity on the goal-scoring front ahead of Notts County game  (Read 2375 times)

AbsolutDRFC

• VSC Member
Lundstram is due a goal....

Coppinger is due a goal....

Brown is due a goal....

Furman is due a goal....

For all their hard work and attack-mindedness, all the above (fingers crossed) will be on the score sheet in the next 2 games (maybe all on Saturday!!).

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BobG

• VSC Member
Re: Positivity on the goal-scoring front ahead of Notts County game
« Reply #1 on April 18, 2013, 11:29:59 am by BobG »
Is there a fifth? I was sat staring at the table last night and I ended up thinking that a 5-0 win would put us in a decent GD position.... Brentford would have to go some to overtake our GD then.

Cheers

BobG

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
Is there a fifth?

Tommy Spurr?

Emile Sinclair?

ReadingViking

• Forum Member
I do think an early goal will open the flood gates on Saturday - they have nothing to play for and once they go behind a few thoughts might start wandering to the beach, especially with those that are within contract. Here's hoping.

Belle-Vue-Ghost

• Forum Member
A 3 or more goal win would stand us in very good sted for the trip to Brentford.  If this happens Brentford will really have to go for it at Hartlepool Saturday evening which could leave them open when it comes to the counter attack.  I'm sure Hartlepool will be up for it on Saturday with it being their last home game of the season too

oggycompton

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 18, 2013, 11:53:11 am by oggycompton »
Coppinger? Am I he only person who thinks he has looked really pretty average the last few games? Not entirely sure what he offers.

ReadingViking

• Forum Member
I've been really impressed with what I've seen of him since he returned from Forest - his work rate has improved and he is doing much more of the ugly stuff - that is obviously reducing his impact as a flair player.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 18, 2013, 12:05:52 pm by Mr1Croft »
I dont think Coppinger has been amazing tbh. Hes been good and at times showed what he is capable of but playing in so many different positions he has struggled with consistency which is understandable.

Then again with this league and our squad being much more physical than what Copps has been used to I wasnt expecting anything more from him.

Heres hoping he gets a goal on Saturday!!

EpsTheMightyReds

• Forum Member
Our most gifted player by a country mile and a big part of the reason that I am beginning to enjoy watching the Rovers again. Don't think this week is the time to start questiining any of our players. Let's hope he has the same pre match meal as he did against Southend

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 18, 2013, 03:01:25 pm by steve@dcfd »
Lundstram is due a goal....

Coppinger is due a goal....

Brown is due a goal....

Furman is due a goal....

For all their hard work and attack-mindedness, all the above (fingers crossed) will be on the score sheet in the next 2 games (maybe all on Saturday!!).

David Cotterill is due a goal, his assists keep coming but the last time he scored a goal was 18 games ago. So lets hope we share it about , create and score goals. Although Notts County will not make it easy.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 18, 2013, 03:08:01 pm by MachoMadness »
Also there's a real headache as to who we play up front for this game. I couldn't choose between the 3 strikers in all honesty.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 18, 2013, 03:08:36 pm by IDM »
Play em all.  Rob Jones in defence and 9 forwards  ;)

Belle-Vue-Ghost

• Forum Member
Also there's a real headache as to who we play up front for this game. I couldn't choose between the 3 strikers in all honesty.

Agree

Theres a case for all 3 to start the game.  I feel Hume HAS to start though, he gives us the energy that we will need up there.  Flip a coin between Brown and Paynter.  Even after Paynters 2 goal haul at Crewe though, I have a feeling that Browny will get the nod again

oggycompton

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 18, 2013, 03:56:11 pm by oggycompton »
Our most gifted player by a country mile and a big part of the reason that I am beginning to enjoy watching the Rovers again. Don't think this week is the time to start questiining any of our players. Let's hope he has the same pre match meal as he did against Southend

Oh I'm not at all. I agree very gifted but think under Flynn he has to play a slightly more disciplined role reducing his flair and potential goal scoring efforts.

He is working harder to be fair too, which is good to see, just my feelings that if it was a straight choice for someone to play behind Paynter/Brown in the hole, I would have Hume there everyday.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
The way Cotts has been saving them up, he's due a hat-trick !

TinyPortal © 2005-2012