Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 11:27:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Leading the line  (Read 2380 times)

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
Leading the line
« on January 20, 2018, 07:33:54 pm by Branton Rover »
Today John Marquis was simply magnificent in how he did his job, he was outstanding and my man of the match by a long way.

He was tenacious without over stepping the mark, he brought other players into the game and was a constant pain to Shrewsbury’s back line.

He didn’t have a sniff of a chance today but I’m hoping that he finds the net soon because his all round performances certainly merit goals - he ran his blood to water and gave a performance he can rightly be proud of - well done JM

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
Re: Leading the line
« Reply #1 on January 20, 2018, 08:13:50 pm by The Red Baron »
I certainly agree with that. He was terrific today.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 20, 2018, 08:17:09 pm by drfchound »
Hopefully he will get a goal or two soon and go on a scoring spree.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on January 20, 2018, 08:24:17 pm by since-1969 »
“Leading the line “? It should have read “Was it over the line”  It was was wasn’t it ?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 20, 2018, 08:45:44 pm by Campsall rover »
Yes Marquis was brilliant today and he kept it zipped,  well almost.
His work rate and hold up play was top notch.
As has been said he didn’t get an opportunity to score today.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 20, 2018, 09:19:44 pm by RedJ »
“Leading the line “? It should have read “Was it over the line”  It was was wasn’t it ?

What are you on about?

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 20, 2018, 09:36:25 pm by Jonathan »
Really pleased to read the opening post of this thread. Marquis has been superb and is one of our most important players. A huge part of the team.

The goals will come. He may never have another season like last season but he is still making a big contribution. I love the fact that we have a player that works so hard and selflessly for the cause.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on January 20, 2018, 09:54:26 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
He seems to be more disciplined in the last few games too. Not losing his rag and just getting on with it.

Haxey-Hood-DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 20, 2018, 09:55:00 pm by Haxey-Hood-DRFC »
JM will score on Tuesday. Believe me.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 20, 2018, 09:55:18 pm by RedJ »
Really pleased to read the opening post of this thread. Marquis has been superb and is one of our most important players. A huge part of the team.

The goals will come. He may never have another season like last season but he is still making a big contribution. I love the fact that we have a player that works so hard and selflessly for the cause.

Shows the level of knowledge of the game some of our fans have in how he gets constant abuse for being shite despite all this.

Arsenal Of The North

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 20, 2018, 10:22:23 pm by Arsenal Of The North »
How did he not get a foul in the late part of the the game when he got goal side of there defender? But ageee the lad was outstanding today. Especially in the 2nd half. He’s really improved his game over the last 4/5 weeks

balbyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 20, 2018, 10:37:11 pm by balbyrover »
Finally some recognition for JM. He might not be getting the goals at the moment but boy its not for the want of trying.

He actually offers far more than just goals. His tireless running and closing down is a brilliant trait and I don't think many defenders will relish facing him... even when he isn't scoring much.
He can finish. He showed that last season,he is struggling for confidence at the moment and when he does get a couple in the bag I have a feeling he will kick on again.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 20, 2018, 11:13:17 pm by RedJ »
How did he not get a foul in the late part of the the game when he got goal side of there defender? But ageee the lad was outstanding today. Especially in the 2nd half. He’s really improved his game over the last 4/5 weeks

I was livid about that. The lad could've walked, potentially.

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on January 21, 2018, 12:33:21 am by Monkcaster_Rover »
A centre forward that'll run his blood to water is worth his weight in gold. Speaking as a bang average centre half myself last thing you want is a relatively built number 9 harassing you for 90 minutes. Mistakes will happen.

Big up JM.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on January 21, 2018, 10:25:14 am by The Red Baron »
I can offer no higher praise of Marquis' performance yesterday other than to say it reminded me of Alan Warboys.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on January 21, 2018, 10:40:04 am by graingrover »
I watched the game too and though I did not mention him  my brief post which highlighted the good performances of Blair , Mason and Beestin I should add JM's performance was the same as ever , brave , hardworking and never say die . In the system we play he is the lone warrior upfront worrying defenders with his cross field charges at them .. He must inspire his team mates because at 2 down he was forever sprinting here and there .   

TinyPortal © 2005-2012