Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 12:11:48 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Bostock cheating  (Read 2378 times)

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
Bostock cheating
« on April 24, 2022, 03:36:09 pm by Branton Rover »
Saddens me to say but JB was a disgrace yesterday trying to con the referee he was hurt then jumps up like nothing had happened - I think he’s a very good player and I hope he stays next season but antics like this should be left in the playground because kids see it and copy it thinking it’s acceptable and it isn’t - we need to be honest and call it out because I screamed blue murder at Marcus Maddison and Ivan Tony tried similar tactics when playing against us.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: Bostock cheating
« Reply #1 on April 24, 2022, 03:38:45 pm by Filo »
He only did what many other players have done to us, if you can’t beat them join them I say

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 24, 2022, 03:50:49 pm by Campsall rover »
He only did what many other players have done to us, if you can’t beat them join them I say
So cheating is acceptable Filo?

No it isn’t. 2 wrongs don’t make a right.  I thought he was genuinely badly hurt and then gets up as if he was never touched. Yes it was a bad tackle but no need for those antics. Just bring the game down to a very low level imo.

phil o sophical

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 24, 2022, 03:52:59 pm by phil o sophical »
The really sad aspect of this sort of thing is that it would be so easy for the football lawmakers to put a stop to it.  As has been said on more than one occasion on here , take a lead from rugby and just allow the physio on without the need to stop play. If it is a genuine injury then halt play after the ball has gone dead to continue treatment. If i were a betting man i would say there's more chance of us avoiding relegation than the men in grey suits changing the rules

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 24, 2022, 03:56:47 pm by rich1471 »
It was one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time ,I thought he had snapped his knee in half the way he was hitting the floor 20 se onds later he was up running ,was shocked he did not get booked for it

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on April 24, 2022, 03:58:05 pm by Branton Rover »
It was a Yellow card offence by Bostock under an old rule called ‘ungentlemanly conduct’ - I assume it’s still in the rules but probably taken out these days to placate the whippersnappers who probably can’t grasp the concept

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on April 24, 2022, 04:00:10 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Players have to exaggerate nowadays to get a free-kick after being fouled. How many times, for instance,  is a penalty given when an attacker stays on his feet after being fouled in the area?

Officials have caused the problem.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 24, 2022, 04:08:46 pm by Campsall rover »
Players have to exaggerate nowadays to get a free-kick after being fouled. How many times, for instance,  is a penalty given when an attacker stays on his feet after being fouled in the area?

Personally it is all the cheating and diving that makes it impossible at times for the ref. He only gets one look at it in real time. No replays and VAR in the EFL
Having said that refereeing standards generally are very poor indeed.
No common sense used at all these days. Inconsistency of decision making is unreal. Most refs don’t seem to understand what a really bad foul is against just a foul.
How that two footed tackle by a flying Wombles did not get a red card was criminal.
One of the most blatant red cards I have ever seen.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 24, 2022, 04:16:01 pm by DonnyOsmond »

This. Players need to exaggerate nowadays to get a free kick from a foul, if they were to try and stay on their feet up get back up straight away the ref may not give it.

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 24, 2022, 04:16:12 pm by German Rover »

Personally it is all the cheating and diving that makes it impossible at times for the ref. He only gets one look at it in real time. No replays and VAR in the EFL
Having said that refereeing standards generally are very poor indeed.
No common sense used at all these days. Inconsistency of decision making is unreal. Most refs don’t seem to understand what a really bad foul is against just a foul.
How that two footed tackle by a flying Wombles did not get a red card was criminal.
One of the most blatant red cards I have ever seen.

You nailed it in the first sentance. if players weren't cheating constantly and trying to con the ref decision making would be more consistent.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on April 24, 2022, 04:30:43 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Chicken or egg?

Goole Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 24, 2022, 04:38:56 pm by Goole Rover »
So cheating is acceptable Filo?

No it isn’t. 2 wrongs don’t make a right.  I thought he was genuinely badly hurt and then gets up as if he was never touched. Yes it was a bad tackle but no need for those antics. Just bring the game down to a very low level imo.
Dead on Campsall.
I really do get fed up of seeing a strapping central defender going down holding his head writhing in agony after the back of a forwards hand caught him when challenging for a high ball. Why don’t the rugby lads do this ?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on April 24, 2022, 04:44:01 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured whereas Rugby players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on April 24, 2022, 04:50:23 pm by Branton Rover »
Footballers of yesteryear would were like today’s Rugby players if they weren’t hurt they’d just get up and get on with it - sadly now we have to go through the dying swan routine, its a sad reflection on today’s society and how soft we’ve become - back in the day we celebrated when men were men now that’s something scorned at by weaker individuals in our mollycoddled world.

DRFCSouth

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on April 24, 2022, 05:11:46 pm by DRFCSouth »
And yet some say on here they want a team of mesters. Very few footballers fit that category.

It's about integrity. Doing what's right, even when nobody is looking.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on April 24, 2022, 05:34:17 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

This. Players need to exaggerate nowadays to get a free kick from a foul, if they were to try and stay on their feet up get back up straight away the ref may not give it.

It's not for the player to decide what's a foul and what isn't.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on April 24, 2022, 05:35:03 pm by Bentley Bullet »
One dead giveaway is when a 'critically injured' player rolls around the floor doing a dying swan routine. In reality, the last thing anyone who is critically injured would do is roll around.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on April 24, 2022, 05:37:38 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Chicken or egg?

I remember the days when British football looked down on the Europeans for continually play-acting. Then top British clubs started buying loads of Europeans. Guess what happened next.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on April 24, 2022, 05:43:55 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Chicken or egg?

I remember the days when British football looked down on the Europeans for continually play-acting. Then top British clubs started buying loads of Europeans. Guess what happened next.
British officials allowed them to cheat here like they did back home.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on April 24, 2022, 05:44:30 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Chicken or egg?

Err. Franny Lee?

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on April 24, 2022, 06:09:21 pm by ForsolongaRover »
He did it at least twice in the Shrewsbury game, ground-thumping in supposed agony the first time.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on April 24, 2022, 06:29:34 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
What Bostock did yesterday was a disgrace.

I don't care if other clubs condone it. I'd rather us lose than see Rovers players engaging in such outright cheating.

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on April 24, 2022, 06:30:05 pm by elmsallrover »
Maybe if we'd done it a bit more this season we probably wouldn't be playing division 2 football next season

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on April 24, 2022, 07:04:48 pm by danumdon »
Maybe if we'd done it a bit more this season we probably wouldn't be playing division 2 football next season

Unfortunatly this is very much the case.

What Bostock has done ,more than once this season is embarrassing, does he do it so he doesn't have to chase back when he's dispossessed?

How many times do we see other players mobbing the ref when we create a foul and then they are all in his face when it a naughty one. This same action got Olowu sent off earlier this season. I don't want to see my team doing this kind of thing but when we don't in the longer run has it penalised us?

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on April 24, 2022, 09:48:50 pm by ravenrover »
Is there any difference between faking injury or diving, to claiming a throw in or corner or goalkick when clearly you last played the ball? We see it at all levels, look at Richarlison today throwing himself to the floor at every opportunity and one of his team mates gets a yellow card for his antics
At times we have been too soft and too honest
« Last Edit: April 24, 2022, 09:55:56 pm by ravenrover »

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on April 25, 2022, 06:59:15 am by Bentley Bullet »
We'd have gained enough points to stop up if we'd had a forward who would fall over at the drop of a hat. Someone like John Marquis, for instance. He wasn't the most convincing at it, but he'd have got us the extra 3 or 4 points needed from the gullible officials in charge this season just for that alone.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2022, 07:03:07 am by Bentley Bullet »

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on April 25, 2022, 09:02:31 am by Spud »
We'd have gained enough points to stop up if we'd had a forward who would fall over at the drop of a hat. Someone like John Marquis, for instance. He wasn't the most convincing at it, but he'd have got us the extra 3 or 4 points needed from the gullible officials in charge this season just for that alone.

I think I'd rather go down than watch one of our players going down at the drop of a hat all season BB.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on April 25, 2022, 09:46:42 am by Glyn_Wigley »

Come back Lewis Guy, all is forgiven.

Reg of the Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on April 25, 2022, 09:59:16 am by Reg of the Rovers »
It does feel like there's been a conversation about the dark arts these last couple of games. A couple of times on Sat players stayed down looking half-dead trying to add more pressure on the ref, and we've also done a bit more surrounding the ref when a bad tackle has gone in to try and put pressure on. Desperate times and all that - we've certainly suffered from this many times, and often been 'too nice' ourselves.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on April 25, 2022, 10:39:18 am by DonnyOsmond »

I think I'd rather go down than watch one of our players going down at the drop of a hat all season BB.

You got your wish.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012