Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 07:25:11 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Subs WTF  (Read 2412 times)

Thorney

• Forum Member
Subs WTF
« on September 30, 2023, 05:33:26 pm by Thorney »
Gotta say what was mcann thinking with taking the entire midfield off after 60mins when we had just scored?

The subs he fetched on had no impact whatsoever and after that we never looked like getting a foot hold on the game.

I understand with the conditions that he was worried about getting a red card but thought the changes were criminal.

Surely a better option would of been to bring Bobby on for westbrooke or close and move Bailey into midfield and just swap biggins for broadbent. At least Bobby could of shored up the defence while Bailey then held the midfield together.

And Tyler Roberts is proving a disaster whenever he steps on the pitch, headless chicken springs to mind. This after a promising debut against the wendies.

Sorry but grant needs to take responsibility for that today.

More negatives than positives today. Actually the only positive I can take is we scored 2.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
Re: Subs WTF
« Reply #1 on September 30, 2023, 05:42:40 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Have to admit having seen Roberts v Hull I was expecting another McCann loan find masterclass. Hasnt done too well since has he unfortunately

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on September 30, 2023, 05:49:39 pm by StocksArmy »
GM went for it and i have no problem with that. It didnt work at all which is obvious but like i said in other posts, the poor defending led to these tactics. These are the questions of the manager for me.

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 30, 2023, 06:03:45 pm by drfcsteve »
No problem with going for it but surely it was obvious we wouldn’t create anything without Close or Westbrooke, because basically without them two we’ve created next to nothing all season.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on September 30, 2023, 06:06:08 pm by dickos1 »
They were all on bookings, and with that ref and the conditions it made sense to take them off.

End of the day letting a ball go straight through the wall cost us a good point

Thorney

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on September 30, 2023, 06:06:18 pm by Thorney »
No problem with going for it but surely it was obvious we wouldn’t create anything without Close or Westbrooke, because basically without them two we’ve created next to nothing all season.

My point exactly. I would of kept 1 of them on. When he made them changes I bet the defenders looked at how open the midfield was and thought f**k

Thorney

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on September 30, 2023, 06:08:32 pm by Thorney »
They were all on bookings, and with that ref and the conditions it made sense to take them off.

End of the day letting a ball go straight through the wall cost us a good point

Sorry Dickos, I've happily enjoyed your previous positivity, but if you think that it was the ball going through the wall that cost us today then you couldn't of been watching the same game

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on September 30, 2023, 06:16:52 pm by dickos1 »
Well if it hadn’t of happened we would’ve drawn.
People love stats on here and we were on top for all of them, we’re clearly playing much better now, and I’m looking forward to the rest of the season

Thorney

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 30, 2023, 06:22:44 pm by Thorney »
So that 1 goal was the reason we lost??? Are you for real?

We did concede 2 other ones you know?
Our keepers need training on how to come off your line with conviction and take control

Stats meant nothing today, that was not a positive step forward, today was a poor step backwards.
I can take a defeat if there are alot of positives to come out of it but there wasn't. 
We scored 2 goals, but they were just from a ball pumped into the box which we got on the end of, nothing creative.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on September 30, 2023, 06:41:26 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Point is looking at those stats I’m guessing it’ll say 9 out of 10 times we’ll get a result. I’ve not looked at the stats by the way just saying.

Thorney

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on September 30, 2023, 06:55:00 pm by Thorney »
Point is looking at those stats I’m guessing it’ll say 9 out of 10 times we’ll get a result. I’ve not looked at the stats by the way just saying.

9 times out of 10 if we play like that we will lose. Forget stats, we wasn't good enough.

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on September 30, 2023, 06:57:50 pm by StocksArmy »
Well if it hadn’t of happened we would’ve drawn.
People love stats on here and we were on top for all of them, we’re clearly playing much better now, and I’m looking forward to the rest of the season

If we didn't concede 3, we would have wone 0-2. Wally.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on September 30, 2023, 06:59:19 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
The old problem was there in spades again today. We have talented players, but they aren't consumed by that desire to dominate the opposition. It's the lack of mesters, once again that is going to hobble us.

If you're not going to work as f**king hard as the opposition, if you're not going to hustle and harry them in the press, you'd better be very, very talented. And our players aren't.

And then of course, there's the defence...
« Last Edit: September 30, 2023, 07:45:41 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on September 30, 2023, 07:31:41 pm by dickos1 »

Our keepers need training on how to come off your line with conviction and take control

Stats meant nothing today, that was not a positive step forward, today was a poor step backwards.
I can take a defeat if there are alot of positives to come out of it but there wasn't. 
We scored 2 goals, but they were just from a ball pumped into the box which we got on the end of, nothing creative.

Well of course they scored 2 but so did we, hence why if we’d not conceded that free kick we would’ve drawn.
It’s not that Difficult

Thorney

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on September 30, 2023, 07:39:16 pm by Thorney »

Well of course they scored 2 but so did we, hence why if we’d not conceded that free kick we would’ve drawn.
It’s not that Difficult

It seems like it's difficult for you.
 How can a goal scored from a free kick when it was 1-0 be the reason we didn't get a draw, the game finished 3-2.

That was not the decisive moment, I'd understand if it was 2-2 and it was in the 90 min and that was the winning goal.

If they didn't have that free kick are you saying it would of finished 2-2??
If they didn't get the free kick and score to make it 2-0 then the game would of panned out differently and everything that happened afterwards would not have happened.

The reason we didn't get a result was because we was plain s**t

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on September 30, 2023, 08:01:24 pm by danumdon »
That game was crying out for GM to revert to a flat back four and get the extra man in the middle to carry and give us somebody to pass the ball to!

Right from the start it looked like we went straight onto the back foot with a back five, we could not get the ball forward to relieve what has become a very porous defence. We needed to take all the pressure off them and all we did was play our triangles between them and some static midfield. Why we started with Biggins away from home in a lightweight midfield is difficult to understand, we don't seem to learn our lessons.

It didn't help that the forwards made very little effort to create space and MOVE but our play was tepid at best, Moly who will never be a defensive minded player is wasted in the wingback role and unfortunately Nixon had a mare with his poor crossing and being overrun on the right. If we don't improve our full back play to try to prevent so many crosses getting in then we have no chance as we plainly cannot defend a ball when its in the box, why Faulkner is still sat in the stand when we concede from lofted balls every week is a mystery.

GM really needs to get this group fired up right from the off, the amount of games we loose the initial arm wrestle and then spend the rest of the match chasing the game is a massive concern, 15% is needed every week just to maintain parity, we are carrying passengers every match and its killing us.

As for the multiple changes made, just plain crazy at that point.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on September 30, 2023, 08:50:22 pm by Pancho Regan »

It’s not that Difficult

It seems like it's difficult for you.
 How can a goal scored from a free kick when it was 1-0 be the reason we didn't get a draw, the game finished 3-2.

That was not the decisive moment, I'd understand if it was 2-2 and it was in the 90 min and that was the winning goal.

If they didn't have that free kick are you saying it would of finished 2-2??
If they didn't get the free kick and score to make it 2-0 then the game would of panned out differently and everything that happened afterwards would not have happened.

The reason we didn't get a result was because we was plain s**t

The use of the word ‘of’ when you should be saying ‘have’ is like nails down a blackboard for me.

As is the rest of your contribution.

We deserved a point today. It wasn’t a step backwards at all.
We won’t win every game but the direction of travel in terms of performance and effort is definitely positive.
12 months ago we were out-played, out-thought, out-classed and out-fought by Barrow. Certainly not the case today. Luke Molyneux cut a very frustrated and ineffective figure in that game last season. Today he was a player transformed. He turned their defender inside out numerous times in the first half and he was so unlucky that none of his efforts resulted in a goal.

I’m disappointed but far from disheartened.
We move on.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on September 30, 2023, 09:01:32 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Agree with Pancho, we were not rubbish today and light years ahead of 6 months ago.  I thought the decisions went against us.

However I also agree the subs weren't quite right and Roberts hasn't done anything to show me he can compete like I thought he may after pre season.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on September 30, 2023, 09:25:03 pm by ravenrover »
I do wonder how many accounts are held by the same person, the same grammatical mistakes crop up time and time  again with certain posters

Thorney

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on September 30, 2023, 09:55:29 pm by Thorney »
I do wonder how many accounts are held by the same person, the same grammatical mistakes crop up time and time  again with certain posters

So your assuming I have multiple accounts because I used the word of instead of have.
Give over.

I do think we have improved alot since last season, but today I personally thought we were poor. Not good enough and when the 4 changes were made I couldn't work out what formation we were trying to play.

Thought molly had a good game, but other than that everyone was off.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on September 30, 2023, 11:25:21 pm by Campsall rover »
Have to agree with Thorney on the Subs.
We pull it back to 2-1 and immediately GM takes off Close, Westbrooke and Biggins. Yes they were all on a yellow card I know.
But Rowe and Broadbent replaced them with Faal going up front.

We lost control and just started playing hopefully long balls to the front men.
Tommy Rowe was completely ineffectual and looks a shadow of his former self to me.

Think GM got it badly wrong and only 1 or 2 subs were required and probably 10/15 mins later if we hadn’t got the equaliser in that time.

We were totally disjointed as a team with the 4 changes all at once.
It was bizarre. Don’t normally criticise GM but I think he will realise he dropped a clanger.

The ref and linesman on the far side were shocking.
Jones had the ball on the line imo. The linesman wasn’t even level so how he called that I don’t know.
3rd goal was off side. Just seen it again and he was just off.

Need a big performance on Tuesday against a free scoring Crawley Town team who are confounding pre season expectations on how they would get on this season.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2023, 11:29:03 pm by Campsall rover »

Bailey Vickerage

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on October 01, 2023, 01:50:27 am by Bailey Vickerage »
Don’t know how anyone can say Jones didn’t handball it, defo outside the box and not many complaints from rovers players. The 3rd goal Anderson played him on, poor by Bailey to let the scorer on the inside of him.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on October 01, 2023, 08:05:40 am by Campsall rover »
Don’t know how anyone can say Jones didn’t handball it, defo outside the box and not many complaints from rovers players. The 3rd goal Anderson played him on, poor by Bailey to let the scorer on the inside of him.
I pressed pause several times to check and imo I thought he was just off side.
Defending for all 3 goals was poor though.
Free header for 1st goal. 2nd goal free kick through the legs of the wall. And 3rd goal off side or not we were all over the place.
Nixon had a poor game yesterday both defending and his delivery. Looked to totally out of sorts.
But even with the poor defending I still think we could have drawn or even won the game if those substitutions hadn’t been made at imo the wrong time.

We move on and need try to find some consistency in our play. We are a bit Jekyll and Hyde as a team at present.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on October 01, 2023, 08:15:32 am by ncRover »
When is Sterry back?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on October 01, 2023, 08:34:24 am by Campsall rover »
When is Sterry back?
Think McCann said this next week he should be available so possibly Tues or next Saturday.
But until he is actually on the pitch playing who knows really.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on October 01, 2023, 09:32:23 am by ravenrover »

So your assuming I have multiple accounts because I used the word of instead of have.
Give over.

I do think we have improved alot since last season, but today I personally thought we were poor. Not good enough and when the 4 changes were made I couldn't work out what formation we were trying to play.

No names mentioned, I did actually say posterS not poster. Bit quick to jump in though   

Thorney

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on October 01, 2023, 11:15:51 am by Thorney »

Give over.

No names mentioned, I did actually say posterS not poster. Bit quick to jump in though

Of course I'm going to jump in, your comment was directly after someone commented on me using the word of and not have.
Was a comment that clearly was to include me insinuating that I have multiple accounts. If it wasn't then why would you put it there.
Just because I was critical of yesterday's performance and made a error with my grammar. Forgot this forum is also an English lesson.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on October 01, 2023, 11:58:26 am by roversdude »
When is Sterry back?
Think McCann said this next week he should be available so possibly Tues or next Saturday.

Thought that was Senior Camps not Sterry

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on October 01, 2023, 01:42:21 pm by Campsall rover »
When is Sterry back?

Thought that was Senior Camps not Sterry
Sorry yes Senior not Sterry.
Think Sterry another month possibly.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on October 01, 2023, 01:59:42 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Senior has been a week away now for nearly a month

TinyPortal © 2005-2012