Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 10:56:42 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Rovers 'til I die (unless we are getting beat)  (Read 5868 times)

nice one rovers

• Forum Member
Re:Rovers 'til I die (unless we are getting beat)
« Reply #30 on February 17, 2011, 11:23:16 pm by nice one rovers »
double post

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Woodhead Passer

• Forum Member
Re: Rovers 'til I die (unless we are getting beat)
« Reply #31 on February 18, 2011, 05:33:04 pm by Woodhead Passer »
Quote from: \"colfromdonny\" post=141302
leaving with 20 minutes to go - you ought to be ashamed of yourselves.

Rovers 'til you die, unless Villa play Rovers ;)

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on February 18, 2011, 07:45:56 pm by Alickismyhero »
Donny is no exception at every club you get the sheep that follow someone with a big mouth who shouts the loudest. Why do they do it? \"I pay good money for this rubbish and I want to let them know what I feel, I am not happy\". Well surprise surprise if you shout abuse at a 19 year old kid in goal will it get him to improve, NO. He has to be nurtured just like Harry Gregg many years ago. The only difference was when someone shouted abuse at Harry he offered to take the crowd on one at a time, true story, but no one took him on.

FuzzyDuck

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on February 18, 2011, 09:45:43 pm by FuzzyDuck »
On Boos and mass-exoduses, I've been criticized on saying this but what the heck!

At the moment we are going through a real rough patch.  Do the boo-boys really believe the players do not realize that they are not playing well and need it publicly spelling out to them?

And leaving early, yes it is your prerogative and choice as paying customers.  But if you go to a football match, you have obviously put aside the 2.5 hours or so needed to go and watch it.  Believe me, I've performed publicly (music not football) many times.  People leaving during a performance is a killer. You've put the time aside...so whats the loss?

I read one fan say it was too painful.  Think about being a player on the receiving end of a stuffing and watching your own fans walking out in their droves.  Thats Pain! and the don't need it right now.

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on February 20, 2011, 11:05:01 am by Rios »
Quote from: \"FuzzyDuck\" post=142147
On Boos and mass-exoduses, I've been criticized on saying this but what the heck!

At the moment we are going through a real rough patch.  Do the boo-boys really believe the players do not realize that they are not playing well and need it publicly spelling out to them?

And leaving early, yes it is your prerogative and choice as paying customers.  But if you go to a football match, you have obviously put aside the 2.5 hours or so needed to go and watch it.  Believe me, I've performed publicly (music not football) many times.  People leaving during a performance is a killer. You've put the time aside...so whats the loss?

I read one fan say it was too painful.  Think about being a player on the receiving end of a stuffing and watching your own fans walking out in their droves.  Thats Pain! and the don't need it right now.

And if came and saw you play having worked all day and was then up so early the next morning and you were as shit as Rovers were the other night I wouldn't have given you nearly as much of my time as Rovers got and would have been heading for the exit after your third song!

If you (and footballers) are expecting sympathy after taking money from people then providing a sub-standard performance and then getting narked because people are leaving early then you must be the single most sensitive soul on the planet.

Oh and as for \"setting the time aside\", this is true on a Saturday.  However mundane mid-week games are a particular chore for me and involve me pulling in all sorts of favours in order to be there... and then being very tired the next day!  It isn't time I have, it's time that was stolen from me the other night.

See you at Carrow Road!

FuzzyDuck

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on February 20, 2011, 11:22:56 am by FuzzyDuck »
OK - I stand corrected and I suppose that's the problem with general comments not fitting specific situations.

My dad generally leaves home games early due to his age and a long journey home (about 1.5 hours drive).  I understand his position entirely too as I do that of fans who are in for a shift at 6:00 am or even 10:00 pm.  If you have a family commitment or any other genuine reason for having to go, fine.

But to watch folk pouring out of the ground when the team is getting a hiding is hard.

Please people, when you read my comments on things such as this, I am speaking about general situations.  I'm not having a go at people visiting their grannies in hospital , rushing off to work, or anything else important.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on February 20, 2011, 12:18:55 pm by Alickismyhero »
Fuzzy, I think you hit a nerve there but I know exactly what you mean and I think he does really hence the \"See you at Norwich\" If you listen to the reports of our supporters at Swansea they were tremendous to the end. If your going to Norwich the only way we can get a result is if we park the coach in front of the goals but don't forget
the SOUTHEND CONGA when times get bad.

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on February 20, 2011, 12:28:33 pm by Rios »
Quote from: \"Alickismyhero\" post=142600
Fuzzy, I think you hit a nerve there but I know exactly what you mean and I think he does really hence the \"See you at Norwich\" If you listen to the reports of our supporters at Swansea they were tremendous to the end. If your going to Norwich the only way we can get a result is if we park the coach in front of the goals but don't forget
the SOUTHEND CONGA when times get bad.

Oh you've got me bang to rights, I totally fold my argument due to your amatuer tin-pot psycho analysis of my mental state. :headbang:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012