Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 12:16:33 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: rotherham sold out  (Read 16666 times)

roversam

• Forum Member
Re: rotherham sold out
« Reply #30 on November 03, 2017, 07:20:06 am by roversam »
Swinton miller lets hope you're in PIECES after the game next saturday 😊
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 11:45:01 am by roversam »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on November 03, 2017, 09:10:58 am by idler »
Cheers Swinton but we have a bad habit of helping teams to get out of bad runs over the years and more so this season. Let's hope that we can put on a decent show between us. I'll be in Spain then so I'll try to find a bar with it on. Wife permitting that is. 😉

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on November 03, 2017, 09:28:12 am by mpc123 »
Have I dreamt it or did our keeper Paul Malcolm once get sent off at Rotherham as well.

legendslounger

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on November 03, 2017, 09:32:38 am by legendslounger »
Hi lads and lasses. Miller IN PIECE. Just a quick update for you you can check this via Rotherham official twitter.. In fact we had sold 2,506 then asked for another 1000, 600 of witch where snapped up but last Saturday . More where sold this week and before last Saturdays match bringing out total to 3,906 tickets .I believe we are selling in East stand now . Before last Saturday match we had sold 3,200 Again check our Twitter .Just to put the guy right up the thread.. I expect us to sell the lot.. Our away support is top 5 in this league   1,300 TO Rochdale 1,100 to Peterborough , 1,300 to Fleetwood sold out in 5 hours (1st game of season) 480 to Portsmouth live on sky 600 to Blackburn on a Tuesday .700 to Oxford Last Saturday and 330 to Wimbledon on a Tuesday . Re guarding the game we have 3 away wins in 33 games and a draw. As you lot know and probably had a good laugh about it last season we where crap specially away getting some right hammerings .League potion doesn't matter in these games its a derby . Should be 11 k at this game lets hope its a good game  :scarf: UP THE Millers and F.T OWLS

looks like my info was right

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on November 03, 2017, 10:49:16 am by selby »
 Its a great turn out by Rotherham and does us as the home team well financially.Lets hope it is a good advert for the T.V. and at the end we get 3 points.
  Rotherham have like Barnsley been a credit to the town they represent over the years,and in the past have been our great rivals,lets hope this game can be the start of both clubs being more successful,with the Rovers just that little more so.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on November 03, 2017, 11:04:08 am by The Red Baron »
Have I dreamt it or did our keeper Paul Malcolm once get sent off at Rotherham as well.

Indeed he did, opening day of the season 1988-89. Kicked a Rotherham player up the backside after clearing the ball. Unfortunately a linesman spotted it. It was in the box as well so a penalty. IIRC Steve Raffell went in goal.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on November 03, 2017, 11:21:47 am by glosterred »

Indeed he did, opening day of the season 1988-89. Kicked a Rotherham player up the backside after clearing the ball. Unfortunately a linesman spotted it. It was in the box as well so a penalty. IIRC Steve Raffell went in goal.

Did he save the penalty?

COYR

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on November 03, 2017, 11:46:08 am by The Red Baron »
Sadly no. He also went in goal when Malcolm suffered a broken leg (which ended his career) in the home game v Grimsby Town.

swintonrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on November 03, 2017, 01:46:39 pm by swintonrover »
Hi lads and lasses. Miller IN PIECE. Just a quick update for you you can check this via Rotherham official twitter.. In fact we had sold 2,506 then asked for another 1000, 600 of witch where snapped up but last Saturday . More where sold this week and before last Saturdays match bringing out total to 3,906 tickets .I believe we are selling in East stand now . Before last Saturday match we had sold 3,200 Again check our Twitter .Just to put the guy right up the thread.. I expect us to sell the lot.. Our away support is top 5 in this league   1,300 TO Rochdale 1,100 to Peterborough , 1,300 to Fleetwood sold out in 5 hours (1st game of season) 480 to Portsmouth live on sky 600 to Blackburn on a Tuesday .700 to Oxford Last Saturday and 330 to Wimbledon on a Tuesday . Re guarding the game we have 3 away wins in 33 games and a draw. As you lot know and probably had a good laugh about it last season we where crap specially away getting some right hammerings .League potion doesn't matter in these games its a derby . Should be 11 k at this game lets hope its a good game  :scarf: UP THE Millers and F.T OWLS

Swinton eh? At least one of us saw the light and supported the Rovers...

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on November 03, 2017, 02:34:31 pm by selby »
  It was ROK who collided with Malcolm and it  finished his career as well.
  When the ball was played to Rok I was dead level with him and the linesman let it go when he was clearly offside.
  After the incident the linesman was stood near me on the popular side,when I said he had made a mess of that he just looked down at his boots,it was completely avoidable.

SwintonMiller

« Reply #40 on November 03, 2017, 07:01:49 pm by SwintonMiller »
https://www.themillers.co.uk/news/2017/october/tickets--extra-allocation-secured-for-doncaster/

Todays update 3,400 sold 500 left..

Have a good weekend hope both clubs progress into rd 2 . I have the pleasure of travelling to CREWE  over a dozen visits there over the years .We never get a interesting draw in the cups.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on November 03, 2017, 07:59:14 pm by idler »
It would be nice if we could play each other in the 4th round this year. That would garauntee a good run for both sides. It would be even better if we went on to win.😉

stuey

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on November 03, 2017, 11:26:28 pm by stuey »

Thought you didn't care about us?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on November 04, 2017, 12:03:58 am by RedJ »
We're irrelevant to them aren't we? :laugh:

SwintonMiller

« Reply #44 on November 04, 2017, 01:56:56 am by SwintonMiller »
I consider Rovers and Chesterfield to be our main rivals .No idea where you got the assumption that i think Rovers are irrelevant. Of course the hatred i have will always be for Wednesday due to there arrogance and general massiveness  . As for Blunts and Barnsley not really that bothered no hate or destain there . For the record Rovers in my lifetime of 46 years have done nothing for me to hate your club .I want Rotherham to win of course but for hating Donnie not for me.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on November 04, 2017, 09:42:48 am by idler »
That is basically how I look on Rotherham, Swinton. When I was in my early to mid teens you had a good 2nd division (now championship) team. You were a top end side playing good football. You had some very good players and if you hadn't sold Bennett,Houghton,Chilton and Butler might have managed to get to the top level. You were attractive to watch and scored goals. You were probably hampered by gates of 9-10,000 as both Sheffield clubs were top division and right next door. We used to say at the time that if we had your team at Belle Vue we could have got bigger gates. I do think that there were more floating fans in those days as the price was low, about 25p for adults irrespective of whether you were in the 1st or 4th division. Plus you could decide on the day and just queue to get in.
Happy days. Good luck for the rest of the season, except when you play us of course.

sheffield exile1

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on November 04, 2017, 10:48:30 am by sheffield exile1 »
I consider Rovers and Chesterfield to be our main rivals .No idea where you got the assumption that i think Rovers are irrelevant. Of course the hatred i have will always be for Wednesday due to there arrogance and general massiveness  . As for Blunts and Barnsley not really that bothered no hate or destain there . For the record Rovers in my lifetime of 46 years have done nothing for me to hate your club .I want Rotherham to win of course but for hating Donnie not for me.

When I was at Mexborough grammar we had a variety of teams in a school of 1400 pupils. Wendies and L**ds scum fans were the billy big b*llocks with attitude. Blunts and Barnsley never had a foothold so me and my mates tended to knock about with pupils bussed in to our fair town. I knocked about with Warmswoth lads and my best mate knocked about with the Rawmarsh lot, although to be fair we were one big gang. we were pretty much looked down on by the Wendies/L**ds but I was never into a fashion show, and anyway Big Lawrie had just taken us up. Season after I went to Millmoor where there was 20,000 to see us win 1-0, but came down to earth with a bump when they licked us at Belle Vue in front of 22,000, aah halcyon days!

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on November 04, 2017, 01:09:17 pm by PDX_Rover »
Sadly no. He also went in goal when Malcolm suffered a broken leg (which ended his career) in the home game v Grimsby Town.

Remember that game. Awful injury.

Albert Trousers

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on November 04, 2017, 05:51:44 pm by Albert Trousers »
I know it’s money but I wouldn’t give them any of the east stand, if we sell out at there’s we will get any extra? Will we f**k. I hate Rotherham with a passion & I hope they go bust after we’ve beaten them.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on November 04, 2017, 06:27:22 pm by RedJ »
Not until the end of the season though or we'll have the points took of us!

Albert Trousers

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on November 04, 2017, 06:55:34 pm by Albert Trousers »
I could just about wait that long.

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on November 05, 2017, 02:08:54 pm by colincramb »
I know it’s money but I wouldn’t give them any of the east stand, if we sell out at there’s we will get any extra? Will we f**k. I hate Rotherham with a passion & I hope they go bust after we’ve beaten them.

Yeah but we can't sell out our stadium and we rarely sell out away. Turning down money from travelling fans is just about the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

As for the "hope they go bust" comment. Obviously you weren't around in 1998 when there was every chance we would. Not funny really

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on November 05, 2017, 02:18:42 pm by DRNaith »
Let's take their money and the points :)

Albert Trousers

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on November 06, 2017, 06:57:01 am by Albert Trousers »

Yeah but we can't sell out our stadium and we rarely sell out away. Turning down money from travelling fans is just about the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

As for the "hope they go bust" comment. Obviously you weren't around in 1998 when there was every chance we would. Not funny really

Yes I was, I also remember the delight their fans took in our plight when we lost there near the end of the season. Our fans are so diluted at times , they are main rivals, f**k em. May as well wear our away kit & give em the south stand, it seems we can’t wait to welcome them with open arms

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on November 06, 2017, 08:09:43 am by Donnywolf »
That is basically how I look on Rotherham, Swinton. When I was in my early to mid teens you had a good 2nd division (now championship) team. You were a top end side playing good football. You had some very good players and if you hadn't sold Bennett,Houghton,Chilton and Butler might have managed to get to the top level. You were attractive to watch and scored goals. You were probably hampered by gates of 9-10,000 as both Sheffield clubs were top division and right next door. We used to say at the time that if we had your team at Belle Vue we could have got bigger gates. I do think that there were more floating fans in those days as the price was low, about 25p for adults irrespective of whether you were in the 1st or 4th division. Plus you could decide on the day and just queue to get in.
Happy days. Good luck for the rest of the season, except when you play us of course.

...AND they had Trevor WOMBLE !

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on November 06, 2017, 08:14:53 am by Bessie Red »

Yes I was, I also remember the delight their fans took in our plight when we lost there near the end of the season. Our fans are so diluted at times , they are main rivals, f**k em. May as well wear our away kit & give em the south stand, it seems we can’t wait to welcome them with open arms
Exactly AT. Why do we always give extra tickets to local rivals in the East stand. Hate Rotheeham with a passion and even more so after the way they gloated about our close shave with destruction.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on November 06, 2017, 08:38:48 am by idler »
Their fans that gloated probably have the same mentality as our minority that would have done the same had the roles been reversed.
You can't judge all of a team's fans as being the same based on the actions of a minority.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on November 06, 2017, 10:53:12 am by BillyStubbsTears »
was at the game in 1985 think Ray Deans scored a brace that day or was it a hat-trick?

Certainly wasn't a hat trick. Dougie got one.

Duggie certainly did. The original (in fact, possibly the only) Duggie Bullet Header.

John Buckley got the other one I think.

TRB. Wasn't it that match where Tony Townes lobbed Andy Rhodes from the edge of the box after Rhodes came charging out to cut the angle down. The lob was beautifully judged, cleared Rhodes, was coming down to bounce about 2 yards from the line and was a certain goal. Until it landed in the quagmire of a 6 yard box and stuck.

Wasxtgat the same game?

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on November 06, 2017, 11:03:42 am by The Red Baron »
Pretty sure it was that game BST, although I don't think Andy Rhodes was with us then. I think it was Dennis in goal.

Edit. Just checked. It was Dennis and John Buckley did score the second goal.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 11:06:42 am by The Red Baron »

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on November 06, 2017, 11:08:22 am by The Red Baron »
Looking back at that 1984-85 season, Dennis Peacock kept goal in 44 of 46 League games. Can you name the two goalkeepers who played in the other two?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012