Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2024, 11:29:13 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Rotherham KO  (Read 5500 times)

IDM

• VSC Member
Re: Rotherham KO
« Reply #30 on January 23, 2020, 03:00:01 pm by IDM »
“Paedo” oversteps the line too, in my book..

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on January 23, 2020, 03:25:15 pm by Axholme Lion »
The problem nowadays is that no-one has a sense of humour. I thought the whole point of football banter is to get under the skin and wind up the opposition and make the afternoon as uncomfortable as possible for their team and fans.

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on January 23, 2020, 03:28:20 pm by German Rover »
The problem nowadays is that no-one has a sense of humour. I thought the whole point of football banter is to get under the skin and wind up the opposition and make the afternoon as uncomfortable as possible for their team and fans.

Or you could try supporting your team?

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on January 23, 2020, 03:34:24 pm by ravenrover »
The words Millwall and banter don't seem to fit very well together to me

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on January 23, 2020, 03:35:49 pm by IDM »

Yes but some things go beyond humour..

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on January 23, 2020, 03:48:27 pm by Axholme Lion »

Or you could try supporting your team?

A constant barrage of abuse generally has the effect of putting off the opposition. The number of times the oppo at the Den didn't fancy it and bottled it has gained us loads of points. When Leicester came down in the cup a couple of years back we gave it to players and fans alike all day long. They melted and we won!

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on January 23, 2020, 03:56:29 pm by DRNaith »
I'd rather live a respectful, convivial life, than compromise that for some points in a football game, personally.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on January 23, 2020, 03:57:09 pm by NickDRFC »
I used to like the word banter but it quickly lost it's shine when I realised that it was being used as a catch all term for being a kitson.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on January 23, 2020, 04:21:23 pm by Axholme Lion »
I used to like the word banter but it quickly lost it's shine when I realised that it was being used as a catch all term for being a kitson.

Ha ha ha.

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on January 23, 2020, 04:36:47 pm by Barmby Rover »
There were plenty at the Rotherham match, enough to choke somebody with lung problems, but I guess this is just adding to the "atmosphere" just like screaming Paedo all match is "just words" Pathetic behaviour.

5 on Tour

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on January 23, 2020, 05:44:16 pm by 5 on Tour »
I couldn’t care less what we chant or any other team chant. It’s just words.

That's not right 5 on Tour.

There's a lot of justified condemnation of racist chanting recently. I'm sure you wouldn't condone such chants as "just words"?

Big big big difference between a couple of half wits saying something racist and a group of fans chanting something derogatory. I have never heard a Rovers away section(as a group) chant anything even remotely racist.

“We all hate Leeds scum” is not a racist chant for example. No-one even flinched when Man U were chanting that in unison with us at the home game earlier this season. We had a group of away fans calling us “pikey bas**rds” this season and that wasn’t racist? Not one reaction from anyone at our place when it happened as we took it in the spirt it was meant. It’s a group of fans winding up another group of fans. Technically Pikey is racist. If we react it gets nasty but if you chant back the situation is almost always resolved as banter.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on January 23, 2020, 10:02:55 pm by Pancho Regan »
You said you couldn’t care less what anybody chants.
I was just trying to understand if you had any boundaries where chants are concerned.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on January 23, 2020, 10:55:26 pm by Colin C No.3 »
Chanting “peado” when you are surrounded by parents with young children is that classed as banter ‘darn the owd east end’?

What about opposing supporters making aeroplane gestures & noises at Old Trafford or more recently at Cardiff City, is that regarded as banter at The New Den?

Silly me of course it is.

“Nobody likes us but we don’t care.....”.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on January 24, 2020, 08:53:48 am by Axholme Lion »
Chanting “peado” when you are surrounded by parents with young children is that classed as banter ‘darn the owd east end’?

What about opposing supporters making aeroplane gestures & noises at Old Trafford or more recently at Cardiff City, is that regarded as banter at The New Den?

Silly me of course it is.

“Nobody likes us but we don’t care.....”.

It's football, not croquet.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on January 24, 2020, 09:07:03 am by IDM »
There’s plenty of banter style chants you can use to wind up opposing teams and fans, without taking things too far.

“Paedos” aimed at Rotherham is out of order..  going to football doesn’t give people the right to become a d**khead..

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on January 24, 2020, 10:04:04 am by Axholme Lion »
There’s plenty of banter style chants you can use to wind up opposing teams and fans, without taking things too far.

“Paedos” aimed at Rotherham is out of order..  going to football doesn’t give people the right to become a d**khead..

I don't need to go to football to be a d**khead, I just carry it on from my daily life.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012