Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 02:39:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Head of Performance Analysis  (Read 2287 times)

Muttley

• VSC Member
Head of Performance Analysis
« on August 20, 2018, 09:53:07 am by Muttley »
Fairly sure there are few folk on here who are qualified for this job....

Head of Performance Analysis – Doncaster Rovers Football Club

Club Doncaster is the brand that connects Doncaster’s elite sports teams and manages the delivery of events at Doncaster’s Keepmoat Stadium, associated Elite Performance Centre and Sports Village.

We look to recruit people with the desire to work within all areas of Club Doncaster who demonstrate integrity, compassion, pride, honesty, and a desire to continuously improve themselves and those around them.

We are undergoing an exciting period on and off the field at Doncaster Rovers Football Club, and have begun our season in League one of the English Football League. A rare opportunity has arisen for an ambitious and motivated individual who will be working closely with the Senior Technical Team to lead all aspects of the Performance Analysis work across the Club.

We are looking for an innovative leader to lead the department, who will be able to successfully form positive, trusting, and respectful relationships with all key stakeholders from the outset of their employment. The variety of these stakeholders will vary from First Team Management Staff, to our new volunteers learning their trade.

The successful applicant will manage a small team of workers and volunteer staff delivering excellent elite performance analysis across all Doncaster Rovers Teams from our Academy to first team.

This role will be predominantly based at our Elite Performance Centre at Cantley Park, Doncaster, but will also involve attendance at the Keepmoat Stadium and all match day away venues, as you will be the main Analyst working with the Senior Men’s first team.

We are looking for a person who is hard working, and committed to working within a team to grow the success of the Football Club on and off the field. All applicants should demonstrate relevant and current knowledge of the Professional Football Leagues, and have previous work experience within a similar role.

The Role

Reporting directly to the Senior Management team, the Head of Performance Analysis will lead on the development and management of the Performance Analysis function, ensuring that all teams receive high standard and structured information, to support gains in all areas of Player and team development.

You will be the primary point of contact for allfootball technology related queries, and be able to appropriately manage a small team of staff, planning and organising workloads, allocating duties, and working closely with the Senior Team Management to deliver all related work requests, such as post match debriefs, footage and statistics.

A significant part of the role will involve managing web based accounts and software suites, such as Hudl, Wyscout, and Chyron Hego to ensure that the Players and Management team have all appropriate recruitment and oppositional based information available to them as soon as needed.

Successful applicants, should be of graduate calibre and be able to demonstrate continual CPD /experience to ensure they have current knowledge of the technical and tactical aspects and trends in senior professional football.

It would be advantageous for applicants to have significant experience with sportscode and video editing software, such as I movie, although the Club will arrange this for exceptional applicants.

Skills required

Undergraduate degree in related subject.
Previous experience of mentoring and managing Performance staff.
Previous experience of working within a Senior Football Squad environment. delivering quality analytical information & presentations to aid team preparations.
Flexible and adaptable to the working patterns of elite sports environments.
Awareness of the elite sports culture.
Experience or knowledge of the working of the sportscode and video editing software suite.
Experience of multi disciplinary team working
Ability to manage conflicting and changing priorities
Excellent communication skills
Be able to work in a professional and responsible manner.
Have excellent attention to detail.
Excellent knowledge and understanding of the technical and tactical differences and similarities of professional football.
Personal qualities

Punctual and have an excellent record of attendance.
Willing to learn and committed to achieving high standards within their work.
Good leadership skills, and able to support wider team members to achieve goals.
Able to communicate effectively and clearly to all levels of Club Doncaster staff.
Able to travel independently to venues when required.
Knowledge and experience of the EFL leagues.
Maintain appropriate work related boundaries in relation to social media and confidentiality.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake further checks in relation to their identity and criminal disclosures, which will include appropriate checking through DBS.

Club Doncaster is an equal opportunities employer and is keen to here from all persons who feel that this would be the right role for them regardless of age or gender.

If you would like to apply for the role, please submit your CV and cover letter to Kirsty Cavanagh HR Manager.

Job Types: Full-time, Permanent

Experience:

Performance Analysis: 2 years (Preferred)
Education:

Bachelor's (Preferred)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
Re: Head of Performance Analysis
« Reply #1 on August 20, 2018, 09:58:38 am by Bentley Bullet »
Bugger! I was just about to apply but have failed the very last requirement.

I've been married for 30 odd years.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 20, 2018, 10:47:16 am by GazLaz »
I wonder what the going rate is for a job like that. A pittance I suspect.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on August 20, 2018, 10:51:31 am by BillyStubbsTears »
“Skills required” is missing the bit on moaning incessantly about the budget.

Bloody shite Bramhall.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on August 20, 2018, 10:57:15 am by Bentley Bullet »
“Skills required” is missing the bit on moaning incessantly about the budget.

Bloody shite Bramhall.

Which budget, the Rovers one or the Tory government one?

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 20, 2018, 11:05:47 am by Colemans Left Hook »

is that bit legal ?? batchelor  doesnt say how many anoraks you need to have in your wardrobe

i was going to propose rigo for the job

doesnt say you need a driving licience by the way

no good gaz applying as he wouldn't be allowed to bet knowing inside information about injuries etc

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on August 20, 2018, 11:40:22 am by Muttley »

£20k p/a tops I'd guess. Ridiculous really given the wish list of what they want but all football clubs are the same when it comes to being tight with non-playing staff, but expecting the world.

I’m sure that it will be substantially more than £20k

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 20, 2018, 11:59:08 am by DonnyOsmond »
I've seen coach jobs down as £7,000 PA and wanting the person applying to have a bachelor's.

turnbull for england

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 20, 2018, 12:01:27 pm by turnbull for england »

I failed too  Always liked Birds Eye peas

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on August 20, 2018, 12:02:10 pm by Muttley »
My filters for job alerts are set a bit higher than £20k

One_Matty_Lucas

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 20, 2018, 12:02:37 pm by One_Matty_Lucas »

£20k p/a tops I'd guess. Ridiculous really given the wish list of what they want but all football clubs are the same when it comes to being tight with non-playing staff, but expecting the world.

I’m sure that it will be substantially more than £20k

I'd expect it to be a employers market, there will be hundreds if not thousands of people dreaming of being a football league analyst. Therefore wages limited.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 20, 2018, 12:07:23 pm by RedJ »
Even the back office non-football staff wages aren't brilliant there. Though it's the same at any club.

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 20, 2018, 12:09:00 pm by DonnyNoel »
Football clubs can bank on the prestige of fans wanting to work for them. I've seen some jobs advertised between £10k-£15k for entry level marketing positions that have so many responsbilities that it must be questionable if the salary hits minimum wage when hours are factored in.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on August 20, 2018, 12:14:56 pm by Bentley Bullet »

I failed too  Always liked Birds Eye peas

Your application would probably not have been processed.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on August 20, 2018, 01:10:38 pm by MachoMadness »
The vast majority of the money has to go on the pitch, same as every club. I imagine if we were putting out an advert for a £50k a year analyst job people would raise eyebrows and ask why that didn't go into the playing budget. People apply for jobs like this because it's a good springboard for a career in just about anything though.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on August 20, 2018, 01:28:47 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

I think 30 years effectively qualifies you.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on August 20, 2018, 05:29:14 pm by scawsby steve »
I've seen coach jobs down as £7,000 PA and wanting the person applying to have a bachelor's.

They couldn't have been full-time positions Donny, as that figure is less than half the minimum wage.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on August 20, 2018, 05:42:01 pm by graingrover »
What I pray is  an undergraduate degree If you have a degree you have graduated if not yet you are an undergraduate.Or has that part of Academia gone to the dogs as well.

Envoyé de mon EVA-L09 en utilisant Tapatalk

TinyPortal © 2005-2012