Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 02:13:33 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Save of the season  (Read 2804 times)

donny dave

• Forum Member
Save of the season
« on March 08, 2014, 08:35:16 pm by donny dave »
Sam pulled off what must be a contender for save of the season in the first half.
He is a future England Keeper.
Well played.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

LincsRover

• VSC Member
Re: Save of the season
« Reply #1 on March 08, 2014, 08:37:52 pm by LincsRover »
Agreed, I was right behind it in the south stand and I thought it was in - unbelievable save! A goal then would have changed the game.

:rtid:

podrover73

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 08, 2014, 08:39:46 pm by podrover73 »
He certainly has a future, pulled off a couple of wonder saves Already in his short time with us

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 08, 2014, 08:54:37 pm by Jimmydee »
he did a double save really, he had made a good save jst before his wonder save

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 08, 2014, 08:59:35 pm by donnievic »
1st half??? The 2 saves he did just after each other was at the start of the 2nd half,but the one at Yeovil will take sum beating

scaley back rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 08, 2014, 09:19:36 pm by scaley back rover »
he is international class no doubt

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on March 08, 2014, 09:20:48 pm by IDM »
Reminded me a bit of Turnbull in the abandoned game at Charlton.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 08, 2014, 09:36:01 pm by Retdon1 »
If Turnbull dosnt sign a new contract I would deffo try get him on a season long loan next season great keeper

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on March 08, 2014, 09:40:12 pm by roversontheup »
Absolutely.  The double save he made early in the second half was tremendous. 

donny dave

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on March 08, 2014, 09:45:34 pm by donny dave »
I thought Turnbull had another season.

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on March 08, 2014, 09:46:05 pm by Viking Don »
Does anyone who has seen him home and away fancy writing something for a Man U fans site? Let me know, I've been asked but I think someone who sees all the games might want a go at writing something up?

From what I've seen of him he looks like a very decent keeper and apart from maybe one mistake has been flawless in all the games I've seen. Turnbull will most probably leave at the end of the season and this guy would be an excellent replacement season-long loanee.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on March 08, 2014, 09:53:01 pm by roversdude »
Brilliant save/s but I thought Sully had come back as GK kicking coach in first half
To be fair it was a lot windier than it looked

hifi76

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on March 08, 2014, 09:58:54 pm by hifi76 »
His kicking was awful last week as well, but that is something that can be worked on. He looks to have a great future

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on March 08, 2014, 10:04:46 pm by BigH »
Does anyone who has seen him home and away fancy writing something for a Man U fans site? Let me know, I've been asked but I think someone who sees all the games might want a go at writing something up?

From what I've seen of him he looks like a very decent keeper and apart from maybe one mistake has been flawless in all the games I've seen. Turnbull will most probably leave at the end of the season and this guy would be an excellent replacement season-long loanee.
Ahem, I think you'll find that he's a bag o'sh**e who has no future in the game whatsoever. However, we at lil ol Donny will do the mighty Man U a big favour by taking him off their payroll next season. Nothing to see here, please move along now...

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on March 08, 2014, 10:09:08 pm by LincsRover »

Ahem, I think you'll find that he's a bag o'sh**e who has no future in the game whatsoever. However, we at lil ol Donny will do the mighty Man U a big favour by taking him off their payroll next season. Nothing to see here, please move along now...

Dead right - can't kick, can't stop a shot for toffee and flaps at every cross! Total dogsh*te! Come on Man U, you're best off getting rid to TLO Donny!

:whistle:

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on March 08, 2014, 11:03:38 pm by roversdude »

Dead right - can't kick, can't stop a shot for toffee and flaps at every cross! Total dogsh*te! Come on Man U, you're best off getting rid to TLO Donny!

:whistle:

Worse than that other keeper we got from manure you wouldn't want him back

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on March 09, 2014, 12:40:31 pm by RoversAlias »
He is quality, great shot stopper who clearly has all the tools to succeed at a high level. I think he's been just as good as Turnbull since coming in to deputise for him, just a shade more inexperience showing at times. I'm not surprised Man Utd locked him down to a longer contract just before he came here.

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on March 09, 2014, 08:33:56 pm by roversontheup »
I'm probably going to be shot down in flames here but IMHO in some ways he is better than Turnbull.  Much better at coming out for crosses and commanding his area.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on March 09, 2014, 08:40:19 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I agree he's very mobile and looks comfortable with his awareness and anticipation around the box. He has that advantage over Turnbull. When he fills out a bit, I'm sure he'll be pushing for occasional first team appearances at Man U.

Let's hope he continues to impress at U21 level.   

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on March 09, 2014, 11:01:16 pm by Draytonian III »
He will be a full international for England ,wonder if the bookies have a market set up for such things

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on March 09, 2014, 11:39:55 pm by RedJ »
Can't see why not. Mate of mine had a bet on Owen to be captain of England at any point in his career when he first came onto the scene.

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on March 10, 2014, 05:36:19 pm by CusworthRovers »
If we can keep him the it's still Turnbull for me.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on March 10, 2014, 07:05:14 pm by IDM »
He will be a full international for England ,wonder if the bookies have a market set up for such things

Yes I think they must.  You occasionally here of folks making 1000s from the bookies because they put a tenner on their new born son one day playing for their country..

TinyPortal © 2005-2012