Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 01:59:32 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Talent from lower leagues.  (Read 2818 times)

ncRover

• Forum Member
Re: Talent from lower leagues.
« Reply #30 on March 15, 2023, 02:43:23 pm by ncRover »
In relation to the original post:

https://twitter.com/vanarama/status/1617514993905287169?s=46&t=Uj9lS9cW2ksdznjWwHqrkQ

Lofthouse sounds interesting. Brown has been meh for me so far.

Selby mentioned this on another thread. We are better looking at the best upcoming talent from non-league rather than those those who haven’t cut it at levels above. That or proven at league 2 level.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2023, 02:50:44 pm by ncRover »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
Re: Talent from lower leagues.
« Reply #31 on March 15, 2023, 05:37:06 pm by Campsall rover »

That Josh Umerah that came on for Pool late on in the game looks like a savvy acquisition for them.

The Forward joined on a two-year deal from Wealdstone FC for an undisclosed fee.

A product of the Charlton Athletic academy, Umerah enjoyed loan spells at Kilmarnock, Wycombe, and Boreham Wood before joining Ebbsfleet on a permanent deal in 2019.

After a short spell at Torquay, the forward joined Wealdstone in 2021 and scored 17 goals in all competitions last season.

Scored 10 for pool so far this season.
People think dipping into non league is a non option for clubs like rovers. I fail to see why. This player being an example in case.

I’ve been of this frame of mind for a few years now. I have no idea why we are not doing this. This is the way to be sustainable. It only takes getting lucky once and you can sell for a lot of money. What did Alfie may cost us? £20 and a bag of balls? Don’t get me wrong they won’t all work but I’d rather us try this way than what we are doing now.

10 current members of the Stevenage squad cut their teeth at non league level .

Some below the National League , in fact quite a few .

Yep, they also have a manager who can motivate.
I think players only listen to Evans for so long.
Once they start getting verbal abuse from him the motivational bit goes out the window.

He has a limited life span at any one club because of the way he manages. It’s only ever short term success.

I would never want to see him any where near being considered as our Manager.

FFS, Camps, do you want us stuck in this sh*tshow forever?

DS will never have the success as a lower league manager that Fatty Evans has had.
So you’re saying you would be happy to have Evans as our manager just so we could have a couple of seasons with decent results. Still no guarantee of promotion. It’s never guaranteed.
You would be happy with the way his team play. Happy with all the gamesmanship, etc?

You would also be ok with his foul mouthed expletives on the touch line? Ok with him ranting at the Ref every 5 mins?
If that’s what it has come to then I think it’s very sad.  Yes i want to see winning football as much as you or all of us do from Rovers, but at any price.  :zzz:  Not for me SS.
Horrible man.

Not long ago I think 99% of Rovers fans would not want him anywhere near our club. Now it seems quite a considerable number would like to see him as our manager.
Are we so desperate for some success that we could accept Evans as our manager even with everything that he is.
Some short memories here. 

TinyPortal © 2005-2012