Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 02:36:26 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: England  (Read 2801 times)

arkseyrover

• Forum Member
Re: England
« Reply #30 on March 26, 2023, 03:16:52 pm by arkseyrover »
Dickos - thats the tragedy of it - they are tournaments we could and should have won given the moderate quality of the opposition and the quality of players in our squad but they were lost through Southgates inadequacies, ineptness and lack of vision. He's a complete fraud masquerading as a football manager who has the ability and desire to win a trophy.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ChrisBx

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on March 26, 2023, 03:41:46 pm by ChrisBx »
Dickos - thats the tragedy of it - they are tournaments we could and should have won given the moderate quality of the opposition and the quality of players in our squad but they were lost through Southgates inadequacies, ineptness and lack of vision. He's a complete fraud masquerading as a football manager who has the ability and desire to win a trophy.

I agree. Southgate should be sacked immediately and replaced by you, who clearly knows how to bring it home.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on March 26, 2023, 03:45:34 pm by dickos1 »

Disagree
We’ve had squads before that were better but never got anywhere near a final.
Southgate brought all the youngsters through that other managers would’ve ignored.
The argument that the tournaments were weak is just rubbish, it’s the same argument whenever rovers win a game it’s because the opposition were rubbish.

DRFC_AjA

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on March 26, 2023, 06:01:22 pm by DRFC_AjA »
The arrogance of England fans just never ceases to amaze me, and is one of the many reasons most other fans hate us. To assume we should be winning a tournament just because we've got player X or player Y. We did this after our many horror shows of tournaments under Sven, everyone saying that was a golden generation......now look back on it, are you kidding me?  :suicide:  Danny Mills, Darius Vasell, Emile Heskey the list goes on

You cant argue that this is another golden generation, there's some quality there for sure, but just to assume it's better than the rest of the world "coz it is, coz these players score lots goals what I see on match of day, coz I dont need to watch any other leagues around the world, coz english is best"

Get your heads out the sand. The standard across many nations is extremely high

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on March 26, 2023, 06:15:04 pm by andyst79 »

Disagree
We’ve had squads before that were better but never got anywhere near a final.
Southgate brought all the youngsters through that other managers would’ve ignored.
The argument that the tournaments were weak is just rubbish, it’s the same argument whenever rovers win a game it’s because the opposition were rubbish.
Southgate was a revelation at 1st and like you say he's brought some of the younger players through. His starting 11's are usually bang on the money but he doesn't have the ability or b*llocks to make tactical changes in the latter part of games.  England always look dangerous on the front foot under Southgate but we always seem to refer to type and go into our shell rather than put teams to the sword.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on March 26, 2023, 06:28:00 pm by tyke1962 »
The arrogance of England fans just never ceases to amaze me, and is one of the many reasons most other fans hate us. To assume we should be winning a tournament just because we've got player X or player Y. We did this after our many horror shows of tournaments under Sven, everyone saying that was a golden generation......now look back on it, are you kidding me?  :suicide:  Danny Mills, Darius Vasell, Emile Heskey the list goes on

You cant argue that this is another golden generation, there's some quality there for sure, but just to assume it's better than the rest of the world "coz it is, coz these players score lots goals what I see on match of day, coz I dont need to watch any other leagues around the world, coz english is best"

From my personal perspective it's nothing to do with arrogance , just because we are England equates to the square root of FA .

It's the fact that the opportunity has opened up under Southgate in major tournaments and we've failed to cash in , thrown them away .

That's not entitlement but simply stating the facts .

Not everyone is content as one or two are on here to simply be there or there abouts .

Settle for second best and acceptance and you very rarely get anywhere in life .

It's a brutal game , the England job is a tough gig but the financial rewards and the chance of immortality even that out .

Southgate wins the Euros he's earned his place in history , if he doesn't he's failed like everyone else has done since Sir Alf .

No trophies , no medals = Failure .

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on March 26, 2023, 06:43:26 pm by EasyforDennis »
What is JF Hasselbank doing on the backroom staff?

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on March 26, 2023, 06:47:31 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
What is JF Hasselbank doing on the backroom staff?

Brought in this week as attacking coach.

DRFC_AjA

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on March 26, 2023, 07:09:25 pm by DRFC_AjA »

From my personal perspective it's nothing to do with arrogance , just because we are England equates to the square root of FA .

It's the fact that the opportunity has opened up under Southgate in major tournaments and we've failed to cash in , thrown them away .

Not everyone is content as one or two are on here to simply be there or there abouts .

Settle for second best and acceptance and you very rarely get anywhere in life .

It's a brutal game , the England job is a tough gig but the financial rewards and the chance of immortality even that out .

Southgate wins the Euros he's earned his place in history , if he doesn't he's failed like everyone else has done since Sir Alf .

Its not about being content with second best, or boring football it's just about being a realist.

You simply cannot say we'd have done better under another manager, we've tried everything before, with apparent "golden generations" who in reality most of those players arent good enough to wipe the boots of those Germans or Italians who won World Cups

....The Italian tactical nouse of Capello, the guy whose managed everywhere and knows everything Sven, the true English gent Hodgson....those were absolute disasters, and Southgate's taken us from a team that couldnt get out of a group to Finals and Semi Finals. Again, you cannot say another manager would have done this or that. People like that are the same types who said Potter for England while he was at Brighton and now say god he's rubbish now he's at Chelsea.

No medals or trophies is failure, and i'm not content that we were so close yet so far recently. But i'm also realistic, it wasnt down to Southgate, and attacking football is irrelevant to tournament football....we beat Germany 5-1 in a qualifier, what happened in the tournament, Argies got beat by the Saudis and what happened later.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on March 26, 2023, 08:34:10 pm by dickos1 »

Its not about being content with second best, or boring football it's just about being a realist.

You simply cannot say we'd have done better under another manager, we've tried everything before, with apparent "golden generations" who in reality most of those players arent good enough to wipe the boots of those Germans or Italians who won World Cups

....The Italian tactical nouse of Capello, the guy whose managed everywhere and knows everything Sven, the true English gent Hodgson....those were absolute disasters, and Southgate's taken us from a team that couldnt get out of a group to Finals and Semi Finals. Again, you cannot say another manager would have done this or that. People like that are the same types who said Potter for England while he was at Brighton and now say god he's rubbish now he's at Chelsea.

No medals or trophies is failure, and i'm not content that we were so close yet so far recently. But i'm also realistic, it wasnt down to Southgate, and attacking football is irrelevant to tournament football....we beat Germany 5-1 in a qualifier, what happened in the tournament, Argies got beat by the Saudis and what happened later.

The squad Sven had was unbelievable
Ferdinand, Terry, Campbell, Cole, Beckham, Gerrard, scholes, lampard, Rooney, Owen,
Some of the best players in the world Playing at their peak,

But Sven didn’t have a clue how to use them, he just tried to show horn them all in regardless.
Southgate picks his best team rather than all the best players regardless

TinyPortal © 2005-2012