Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 04:02:43 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Whatever happened to...  (Read 1087 times)

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
Whatever happened to...
« on February 28, 2016, 11:35:38 am by Colin C No.3 »
The drop ball?

Yesterday the ref (who was the poorest I've seen this season & I've seen some!) stopped play whilst we were on the ball in their half, when he saw one of their players was on the ground just outside our penalty area. The player was holding his foot & as the ref approached him he stood up. No physio was called on so the ref didn't make the player leave the field.

The ref then 'ordered' us to play the ball back to their keeper!

I thought referees only stopped play when player's had suspected head injuries or are clearly in 'distress'. Their joker was sat on his a**e!

Am I missing something?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: Whatever happened to...
« Reply #1 on February 28, 2016, 11:59:17 am by Filo »
No, you're not missing anything at all. The ref, in contrast, was missing a brain and two eyeballs going on that performance. The West Stand lino also appeared to have had his eyeballs removed as well

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 28, 2016, 12:45:18 pm by drfc1951 »
The drop ball?

Yesterday the ref (who was the poorest I've seen this season & I've seen some!) stopped play whilst we were on the ball in their half, when he saw one of their players was on the ground just outside our penalty area. The player was holding his foot & as the ref approached him he stood up. No physio was called on so the ref didn't make the player leave the field.

I thought referees only stopped play when player's had suspected head injuries or are clearly in 'distress'. Their joker was sat on his a**e!

Am I missing something?

Thats the incident i mentioned on another thread, the Millwall player shoud have been booked for that.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on February 28, 2016, 01:02:02 pm by Lesonthewest »
The drop ball?

Am I missing something?

Thought exactly the same, very strange.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012