Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 06:38:05 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Great news about Diouf and Chimbonda..  (Read 2308 times)

WhiteyBFC

• Forum Member
Great news about Diouf and Chimbonda..
« on December 29, 2011, 06:51:58 pm by WhiteyBFC »
I would have been on a week ago to discuss El-Hadji, but for bizarre reasons unknown, I wasnt able to log-in... maybe Filo knows more about that...?
And then what with xmas etc, its been a job to get just 5 mins to myself.
Anywho, I heard about the Chimbonda contract extension earlier, and thought Id see if I was allowed on, and here I am.
I would first like to answer Filo's question about a Norwegian IP address. And the answer mate, is I havent a clue. I am in Barnsley, using an Opera browser on my phone. Maybe thats Norwegian? I wouldnt know, I am not a techy, I live in Barnsley remember, where black and white TV is still en-vogue..
And to another question, yes, I phone radio league one now and again, and yes I talk at 100 mph.
Now that all thats cleared up, may I take this opportunity to say well done on your recent acquisitions, and contract extensions.
I went to watch Marseille at the Velodrome a few years back - I like to take in the great stadia of the game, Nou Camp, Bernabeu, San Siro all ticked off - and they were playing Lens. Marseille still had Ribery and Nasri, Sagna etc, and were a joy to watch. Now I cant be certain its the same guy, but the lad up front that day was a Bamogo, and he was shit-hot, and scored a bullet header. It was a great 3 day break, and that atmosphere beats any over ere. I would recommend it. Only the Nou Camp beat it tbh. It certainly makes you realise how small your own club/stadium is.
I remember Plessis going to Pool, but cant say I remember seeing him play, but he looks an athlete! They all do tbh. Dont know much of the other lad..
But getting Diouf and Chimbonda to stay, that can only help, as they are the 2 that you have signed, that would walk into most sides in our division, including ours on current form. We have just 14 fit players again, I havent been as fearful going into derby games for some time. It looks like our usual 2nd half of the season slump has begun early this year. Thank god for January, for some more lower leaguers..
And thats that.
Hope you all had great times over xmas with your friends, families and loved-ones, and all the best for 2012.. :)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
Re: Great news about Diouf and Chimbonda..
« Reply #1 on December 29, 2011, 07:12:42 pm by DearneValleyRover »
No one was allowed on, server glitch so not personal. All the best for 2012 after the second that is. :scarf:

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on December 29, 2011, 07:27:57 pm by MrFrost »
When are the rest of your fans buying tickets for the game? I thought you were bringing over 4000?

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on December 29, 2011, 10:47:04 pm by ditch_drfc »
Quote from: \"MrFrost\" post=206720
When are the rest of your fans buying tickets for the game? I thought you were bringing over 4000?

Is that all? Surely a massive prem team like them will have much more demand!

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on December 29, 2011, 11:03:14 pm by donnyroversfc »
Quote from: \"ditch_drfc\" post=206748

They will still bring more fans to the keepmoat than we did to oakwell!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on December 30, 2011, 01:09:36 am by Filo »
Quote from: \"WhiteyBFC\" post=206711
I would have been on a week ago to discuss El-Hadji, but for bizarre reasons unknown, I wasnt able to log-in... maybe Filo knows more about that...?

Are you suggesting that I banned you?

I must have banned everyone else by accident as well, including myself!

The truth is, since you started becoming a closet Rovers fan and frequenting this forum, Third World germs infected the website, we had to into quarantine and make sure we`re fully inoculated before allowing you disease ridden inbreds back on here! Just do us a favour and use the hand gel before you log on in future, stops cross infection you know, cheers ;)

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on December 30, 2011, 09:55:37 am by Rios »
Quote from: \"donnyroversfc\" post=206749
Quote from: \"ditch_drfc\" post=206748

They will still bring more fans to the keepmoat than we did to oakwell!

For a club that used to play to sub-2000 crowds and took 52 (I counted us/them) to Torquay on a Tuesday night, I'd be more worried if I was a Barnsley fans that their home gates and away followings aren't massively better than a team that was dying and slipping into the Conference when they were in the Premiership...

WhiteyBFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on December 31, 2011, 03:15:36 am by WhiteyBFC »
I dont think we have any need to worry regarding gates. Yes we lost 1,500 fans at the start of the season, but we are in a recession, and our club did put CAT A prices up by a fiver, all 16 of them.. I think you will see a similar drop in most clubs gates recently.
But, as I say, nowt to worry over. The last 4 home games have shown we are back to the 10,000 or so home fans. Which is what we have averaged for years. So its fine.
You made reference to your awful gates when you were in Div 4 or Conference, and seemed to be suggesting your gates are growing etc... wheras to me, that just proves that your fans are fickle, and deserted a sinking ship. They are back now you are at your peak. But they still fall short of ours, despite your bigger population and catchment area.. we have been at this level longer than any other club, wheras this is all still rather new for you lot. Yet you still dont turn up in numbers. You have \"world-class\" players like Diouf on your books, and your attendance has still not increased.. and your mate JR constantly bemoans the lack of support! Your own supremo!
And remember, I am only hitting back, I didnt start this.. before you get all silly again.
We have sold just over 2,000 tickets as of 30th December. And your club has took the other 1,000 back to the KMS to sell on the day. So thats your hardcore away derby reds that are going. Now, I dont know how many will risk chancing it on the day.. but then they could always sit with you lot, plenty of space. 6,500 home tickets sold was it? Great backing.
And no offence, but most fans are skint at this time of the year, and we did pay 30 sheckels on monday against Blackpool. And, a lot of fans will choose the big derby with Leeds today, over the little derby with Doncaster. No offence. It is our cup final, apparently.
Anywho, enjoy your new years, and see you at the KMS monday!
PS - Despite the above, remember its all fun.. and refer to the start of the thread. I do not start these tit for tats.
Much love, from the club above (for the best part of forever...) ;)

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on December 31, 2011, 08:48:18 am by Rios »
You can waffle all you like but to sum up, you're just going to make excuses as to why our attendences have increased nearly five fold in fifteen years, wheareas in the same period yours have decreased to the point where we're not too far away from each other.

adge

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on December 31, 2011, 09:30:08 am by adge »
i don't know how many barnsley folk support leeds utd
i don't know how many support the sheffield clubs
i don't know how many support liverpool or manchester utd

the truth is in every case it is far less than our town , and that's where our home town born and bred in doncaster let us down.
stop sniping at a barnsley born supporter following his club and concentrate your energy where it's needed

good luck whitey [ after next week ]
AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on December 31, 2011, 09:49:36 am by idler »
Quote from: \"adge\" post=206984
i don't know how many barnsley folk support leeds utd
i don't know how many support the sheffield clubs
i don't know how many support liverpool or manchester utd

the truth is in every case it is far less than our town , and that's where our home town born and bred in doncaster let us down.
stop sniping at a barnsley born supporter following his club and concentrate your energy where it's needed

good luck whitey [ after next week ]
AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU

My sentiments exactly.:scarf:

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on December 31, 2011, 10:57:45 am by benaldo »
Hang on a minute.

\"Despite your catchment area\" and taking the \"fnar fnar\" line about our \"fickle fans\".

1) Doncaster catchment area is huge, which is mostly the problem. The outlying areas are just as close, if not closer, to teams that have historically been much. much bigger than they are to crappy old belle vue. Speak to people who live in Thorne, mexborough, askern.

2) IF/when the Tarn get to the bowels of the conference and are widely regarded as a dead, joke of a club, feel free to come back with tales of \"10,000 at the tarn toneet\". I suspect that even barnsley aren't magical enough to keep their fans when you are providing them with shit to watch and no prospect of anything but going out of business. In fact, a drop of just one league can do a lot of damage...as you well know seeing as barnsleys average gate for their spell in the league above is just under TWICE what it is in this league.......fickle fans eh??? Who'd av em? :whistle:

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on December 31, 2011, 12:44:23 pm by MrFrost »
Maybe the poor little Dingle is jealous with our achievements over the past decade. Conference to Championship in how many years?

They're away support has been poorer than ours since we got to this level in 2008, there are average away figures that will back this up.

Oh and Whitey, we aren't in a recession. Yet.

Nice to see Leeds are helping you get a decent gate today.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012