Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 02:18:19 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: great game  (Read 6076 times)

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
great game
« on January 31, 2015, 05:07:07 pm by Copps is Magic »
End to end stuff. We had so many chances to seal it. f**k me this Uche lad offers us something we haven't seen for a long time. Shame Copps went off we lost composure afterwards. Fans massive.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

colincramb

• Forum Member
Re: great game
« Reply #1 on January 31, 2015, 05:10:20 pm by colincramb »
Still unbeaten, however it's slightly frustrating over the last two games. Opportunity missed not to have collected 6 points given the chances we had against county and being 2 up today.

This run of home games is crucial. We need to turn these draws into wins somehow

curiousgeorge

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 31, 2015, 05:11:29 pm by curiousgeorge »
Im happy with the point they were always going to score ok we were 2-0 up but im happy :scarf:

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 31, 2015, 05:14:02 pm by Copps is Magic »
Don't worry lads - we literally had chances flying in from all angle. So many attacking options. I predict we,ll beat a team by 5 goals in the coming weeks. Its so very close to clicking.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on January 31, 2015, 05:14:44 pm by graingrover »
It's what football should be like . Two well matched sides , passion , end to end , great atmosphere . Enjoyment ! 

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 31, 2015, 05:18:25 pm by Copps is Magic »
I did mate, my arse was twitching so much I could have crushed a watermelon.

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 31, 2015, 05:18:53 pm by colincramb »
Yeah, don't get me wrong lads, the draw is a good result away at a playoff rival. It's a far cry from home the team was playing in September/October that's for sure. Playoffs is going to be exceptionally tight isn't it. If we can win those home games in feb we will be well up there

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 31, 2015, 05:20:36 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
before the match i wanted it postponed
so the international clearance would have come through for the new kid
and Furman would not be so jet lagged - 
and the new players would get to know the system better
but the main thing today was not to lose or their would be a gap between chessie & rovers so job done -- acceptable ---- the cream rises to the top (along with sheff u) a bit later

oh and forgot to mention Chesterfield might have sold Doyle by the time the match was eventually played if it was off today
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 05:38:43 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 31, 2015, 05:27:06 pm by GazLaz »
That's the 5th goal we've conceded just before half time this season. That's a big issue, it's a terrible time to concede.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on January 31, 2015, 05:29:39 pm by Dutch Uncle »
But on the other hand today was the first time this season we have dropped league points from a winning position - had to happen sooner or later

By comparison we have 3 wins and 4 draws from losing positions

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on January 31, 2015, 05:29:51 pm by The Red Baron »
Not at the game, of course, but following it closely. Sounded like an exciting game. Beforehand I'd have taken a draw but after being 2-0 up so early it feels like two points lost.

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 31, 2015, 05:31:53 pm by godlike1 »
It's the poorest we've been defensively for a while but I was dissapointed with forrester again, lots of potential but weak on the ball at times and found out when bullied a little today I thought.

It is credit to the team when they had their keeper as man if the match though

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on January 31, 2015, 05:33:50 pm by since-1969 »
All of the above !!!

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on January 31, 2015, 05:48:54 pm by PDX_Rover »
Any time is a bad time to concede a goal. I don't buy any of this conceding just before half time is worse...

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on January 31, 2015, 06:29:29 pm by dickos1 »
It's a poor time to concede, course it is.
Changes the whole atmosphere in their changing room, changes the managers team talk

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on January 31, 2015, 06:33:39 pm by The Red Baron »
Isn't it worse to concede just after the interval, when the manager has already set out his game plan for the second half?

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on January 31, 2015, 06:34:19 pm by colincramb »
Psychologically it changes a lot of things. It's only human

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on January 31, 2015, 06:34:32 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
We just aren't clinical enough but we have improved no doubt there. Just need to put teams away.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on January 31, 2015, 06:39:49 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Of course the time of a goal can have a psychological effect. If you draw level in the last minute of a game you earn a point and go home happy. Alternatively if you concede a goal in the last minute and the opposition draw level, you have lost 2 points and go home unhappy.

Same score - different psychological effect.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on January 31, 2015, 06:44:24 pm by dickos1 »
Oldham game and today's game for example,
Same scoreline but different emotions

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on January 31, 2015, 06:54:30 pm by IDM »
Of course the time of a goal can have a psychological effect. If you draw level in the last minute of a game you earn a point and go home happy. Alternatively if you concede a goal in the last minute and the opposition draw level, you have lost 2 points and go home unhappy.

Same score - different psychological effect.

I kind of agree, the worst time to concede - either an equaliser or a losing goal - is at the end of the game as there isn't enough time to recover the situation.

As for before/after half time, as bad as each other and as bad as at 15, 30, 60, 75 mins whenever.

Conversely, ANY time is good to score.

I counted back on the BBC ticker - 4 times we had shots saved in the corner, were these good saves?  And Uche hit the post...

So we could argue good 'keeping kept the score down to 2?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on January 31, 2015, 06:58:45 pm by dickos1 »
Main was clean through, and uche was clean through both should've scored.
Uche hit post with a great effort

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on January 31, 2015, 07:06:06 pm by graingrover »
The Greeks have got another 6 days to find a pen before Walsall game . Anybody fancy a trip over there ?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on January 31, 2015, 07:22:47 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Second the OP. That was as anjoyable a game as I've been to in many a long year. I'm not going to complain about the result. Chesterfield didn't deserve to lose that. And that lad Doyle is wasted in this division. He's got that priceless ability to find 5 yards of space in a crowded area. Looks like the simplest thing in the world, but so few players can do it.

Anyway, enough of bigging up the plastic Dee-Dahs. Yon Ikpeazu is going to be a good in when he gets a ref that considers Half Nelsons to be fouls.

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on January 31, 2015, 07:29:58 pm by grayx »
Really should have won that. Two great one on one chances when we were 2-1 up.  I just new Main wouldn't score and was disappointing throughout I thought.  The new lad is massive, a right handful. He did look absolutely knackered before he got subbed and looks as though he needs more game time. He doesn't look quick though, more of a target man I'd say.
I was quite impressed with our keeper and back four and would say I blame the midfield for sitting too deep for the goals we conceded.
I reckon we'd have won that game if Copps hadn't gone off injured. Poor Bennett got a soft yellow and was a red car waiting to happen, which is why I though Dickov did right to sub him. I think Main would have been taken off otherwise and deservedly so. I'd love to see him score and see if that would be the making of him, but people are losing patience.

rtidbelly

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on January 31, 2015, 07:57:04 pm by rtidbelly »
Before the game a point away from home at a team doing relatively well in the league would not be a bad result and although a little disappointed not to come away with 3pts as we had our chances but overall a good game to watch.

I think going in at half time 2-0 down and playing poorly would have seen chesterfield panic as the clock ticked down, but the goal gave them the lift and a chance to group during the break, although we hit the post and the keeper makes 2 great saves at 2-1 which i feel would have killed it off as a contest.

Always gonna feel slightly disappointed after a 2 goal lead but can take some positives, Ikpeazu looks a good talent only the post and a good save stopped his name appearing on score sheet and the fact we had 9 shots with 7 on target most of which were decent efforts drawing good saves.

February sees us play 4 of the bottom 5 of which we play 3 at home, we matched Bristol city in the FA Cup at home. So February is a important month and one which could see us stake a claim to a play off spot.

All to play for until last kick of last game  :rtid:

neil grainger

« Reply #26 on January 31, 2015, 09:18:01 pm by neil grainger »
Thanks for the match reports lads, sounds like a cracking game.
Always disappointing to give away a 2 goal lead but Chessie are a good team this season and that's 4 points out of 6 we've taken against them.

And Ikpeazu sounds a good signing. Let's get a decent points haul from our February games and we could find ourselves challenging for the play-offs, which would be a big achievement this season.

PS: how did my old hero Sam Hird play?

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on February 01, 2015, 01:48:39 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Changes the whole atmosphere in their changing room, changes the managers team talk

Of course it does but as The Red Baron says, it is surely better that just the other side of half time when the manager doesn't have a team talk to give.

Agree with BST, Uche got nothing from that ref for all the fouls he had to contend with but not sure why he should need more game time to get fit, hasn't he been playing regularly for Crewe?

I thought their left winger Clukas made life hell for Wabara, we could do with one like him.

Forrester disappointing again but everybody else worked hard.

But what a great start for us, and that takedown for his goal... just vintage Copps.  You won't see anybody else doing that routinely in this league.  He was the difference today, we lost cohesion as soon as he was crocked, that was the turning point but a great game to watch.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on February 01, 2015, 01:55:38 pm by dickos1 »
I don't agree... Managers always say they need to get their players in without conceding to get them organised again.
We were under the cosh approaching halftime but the first 15-20 mins of 2nd half we were the better team.

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on February 01, 2015, 02:03:06 pm by drfc1951 »

Of course it does but as The Red Baron says, it is surely better that just the other side of half time when the manager doesn't have a team talk to give.

Agree with BST, Uche got nothing from that ref for all the fouls he had to contend with but not sure why he should need more game time to get fit, hasn't he been playing regularly for Crewe?

I thought their left winger Clukas made life hell for Wabara, we could do with one like him.

Forrester disappointing again but everybody else worked hard.

But what a great start for us, and that takedown for his goal... just vintage Copps.  You won't see anybody else doing that routinely in this league.  He was the difference today, we lost cohesion as soon as he was crocked, that was the turning point but a great game to watch.
that routinely in this league.  He was the difference today, we lost cohesion as soon as he was crocked, that was the turning point but a great game to watch.

Maybe Forrester was disappointing, because he realises he not going to get a move to championship in the transfer window

TinyPortal © 2005-2012