Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 04:07:52 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let,s talk about the Sheffield United Game  (Read 4862 times)

selby

• VSC Member
Re: Let,s talk about the Sheffield United Game
« Reply #30 on July 27, 2018, 05:41:07 pm by selby »
  RA, it was a joke referring to a certain player I rate now at Morecambe with the same initials.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on July 27, 2018, 05:42:19 pm by RoversAlias »
  RA, it was a joke referring to a certain player I rate now at Morecambe with the same initials.

I got the connection, didn't get the joke. All good anyway!

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on July 27, 2018, 05:43:39 pm by Alickismyhero »
Just had a word with Ifollow and asked why the game tonight was not being shown live and their response was    "The club has requested that it should be audio only"

On the whole it is more reliable than Rovers Player but it could have been shown.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on July 28, 2018, 09:39:56 am by selby »
   I think that most things on the match was covered on another thread, a decent game to watch, very interesting to read the Sheffield United forum where one or two are very concerned how we dominated the first half, one having a rant that they could have been four down at half time but for a great goalkeeping display.I think he had forgotten two worldie saves from Morosi and slightly exaggerated the game although we did match them in the first half and while Crawford was on he looked a good player again, deserving a goal with a great bit of football through the centre of their defence.
  The second half was not so good, only McCullough, Andrew,Anderson, coming close to the standard required to push for a start.
   Taylor and Viera, well Taylor is a hard one for me, obviously he has been a decent player, and must be giving it a go, I would be tempted to give him a short term contract that could be renewed every so often if possible, monthly to start with and longer if he came up with the goods.
  Viera, I would take a punt on, he has talent,  but needs to look at the positional side of his game, and when and where he can do certain things on the field.
   The concern in  the second half was our inability to create a threat on goal, and our retention of the ball when played forward, our front runners completely devoid of movement and completely dominated by their defenders, for the most part they did not need a keeper.
  A  question has to be asked as to whether our back up strike force is even league one standard, we are desperate for another striker to come in to back Marquis and Wilkes up.
   Having said that I am hoping that Kiwomya was only missing because of a knock picked up in training.
   So, a game that showed promise in the first half, and how thin the talent is at this level in the whole squad. The last thing we need this coming season is a lot of injuries to players all at once.
  The manager definitely has a different approach to last season, with two wide men and a central attacker staying up field when we were defending, forcing their full backs to stay back, and definitely players are more willing to shoot.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012