Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 02:06:04 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let's talk about the unknown next game  (Read 4980 times)

selby

• VSC Member
Let's talk about the unknown next game
« on December 26, 2020, 08:00:59 pm by selby »
  Well with this Christmas Holliday getting  more different to past Christmas's  by the day which game will be our next game is down to the club and the football authorities, my throw away statement on a thread just the other day that we had been lucky to avoid it up to press in our bubble coming to haunt me a lot quicker than I ever imagined.
  If everything goes well I can see the next game being Oxford in the league or Blackburn in the cup which will throw our fixtures well behind, and leave us to arrange games later in an already strange season.
   I seem to remember last season a side unable to play and had to forfeit a cup round  others could possibly put me right on that matter, but if it did come to that I would be absolutely shattered.
  Where we go from here  is anyone's guess but if everyone stays safe and if they do get the virus recover 100% everything else is secondary and meaningless. One thing we can be sure of the club will do everything in their power to keep us informed as  the situation progresses and do everything in their power for the safety of everyone
involved.
   All I can do is wish everyone a better New Year and will start up the gibberish again ASAP as soon as things are clearer.
   Stay safe, stay healthy and positive everyone.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

eastender

• VSC Member
Re: Let's talk about the unknown next game
« Reply #1 on December 26, 2020, 09:24:33 pm by eastender »
Not sure about a team forfeiting a cup game last season , but Liverpool were force to play their League Cup semi final against Aston Villa and the Super Cup final on the same day , so played the kids in the Semi Final.

I've just had a look at the boxing day tables for the last few seasons and on average we should have played 23/24 games by Boxing Day , we have played 18 up to now this season.
If we don't play on Tuesday we will be about 7 games down on where we should be, and it could get worse.
It could be we will have to play twice a week for the last 3 months of the season.

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on December 26, 2020, 09:33:18 pm by adamtherover »
We are one game behind the teams above  us, so basically everyone is in the same
 Boat...

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on December 26, 2020, 09:40:39 pm by selby »
 That's true Adam and other clubs will play on while others don't it is the way of the beast.
  The sensible thing to do would be to extend the season, but excuse me if I can't remember the last sensible thing the EFL did for the clubs and the game in general.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on December 26, 2020, 09:43:25 pm by drfchound »
Not sure about a team forfeiting a cup game last season , but Liverpool were force to play their League Cup semi final against Aston Villa and the Super Cup final on the same day , so played the kids in the Semi Final.

I've just had a look at the boxing day tables for the last few seasons and on average we should have played 23/24 games by Boxing Day , we have played 18 up to now this season.
If we don't play on Tuesday we will be about 7 games down on where we should be, and it could get worse.
It could be we will have to play twice a week for the last 3 months of the season.

Are people thinking about Leyton Orient who had to forfeit a Carabao Cup game against Spurs after a COVID outbreak in the Orient squad back in September.

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on December 27, 2020, 03:03:20 am by les@donr »
might have Sims back to play in our next game?

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on December 27, 2020, 07:30:46 am by Donnywolf »
Could have but he might be 32 by then. ;)

What a mess

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on December 27, 2020, 11:45:23 am by the vicar »
If it is 10 days it will be the Oxford game but if it’s 14 days then it’s Blackburn unless we get anymore cases

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on December 27, 2020, 11:47:21 am by Filo »
If it is 10 days it will be the Oxford game but if it’s 14 days then it’s Blackburn unless we get anymore cases

14 days it not a requirement now, its just 10 days, which is wrong in my opinion

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on December 27, 2020, 01:20:50 pm by rich1471 »
sunderland have just called off there next game as well making it their 4th in a row

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on December 27, 2020, 01:30:35 pm by selby »
  They are a team that must be feeling the financial pinch.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on December 27, 2020, 03:06:05 pm by RoversAlias »
  They are a team that must be feeling the financial pinch.

Who, Sunderland? They're being taken over by a billionaire's son, they'll not have to worry financially.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on December 27, 2020, 03:40:01 pm by EasyforDennis »
Is there a reason why our game at Fleetwood on Tuesday is still showing as on?

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on December 27, 2020, 03:41:59 pm by selby »
  He will need to dip in to dad's pocket fairly deeply then, everyone with money has walked away from them for the last ten years.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on December 27, 2020, 03:56:56 pm by Filo »

Probably awaiting further test results, if they comeback negative then the game may well be still on, minus the two who are positive, whoever they are

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on December 27, 2020, 04:03:09 pm by RoversAlias »

Because it hasn't been postponed yet. The club are testing everyone and if there aren't many more positive we'll play. Although I find that scenario unlikely.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on December 27, 2020, 04:49:53 pm by graingrover »
I have read the Football league’s exhaustive protocol on covid security but it does not say whether all training has to be curtailed for the whole squad in the circumstances we are witnessing at the club right now .Hopefully only the two who tested positive must halt training for two weeks .

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on December 27, 2020, 06:47:43 pm by the vicar »

14 days it not a requirement now, its just 10 days, which is wrong in my opinion
I agree

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on December 27, 2020, 07:09:04 pm by eastender »
I have read the Football league’s exhaustive protocol on covid security but it does not say whether all training has to be curtailed for the whole squad in the circumstances we are witnessing at the club right now .Hopefully only the two who tested positive must halt training for two weeks .

What if the 2 are The Keepers Lumley and Jones , will we have to play our U13's Keeper.  :lol:

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on December 27, 2020, 08:32:22 pm by rich1471 »
Sign another on an emergency loan

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on December 27, 2020, 10:36:38 pm by since-1969 »
Surly halting training is the thin edge of the wedge as other players could test the positive every week from now until the end of the season and postponements the same . As things seem to be getting worse not better with cases now rising .. the inevitable of yet another season curtailment is on the horizon. F*** !!!

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on December 28, 2020, 04:43:06 pm by Alan Southstand »
Rochdale’s next 2 games already announced as postponed. Why are we not postponing?

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on December 28, 2020, 05:08:38 pm by rich1471 »
Everton v Man city off tonight due to covid , this virus is getting a lot worse , I would be amazed if the season finishes on time if at all

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on December 28, 2020, 07:24:15 pm by drfchound »
Accrington v Sunderland called off at short (ish) notice.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on December 28, 2020, 07:34:09 pm by Donnywolf »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on December 28, 2020, 07:36:47 pm by drfchound »
I reckon the odds on another incomplete season are shortening.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on December 28, 2020, 07:46:23 pm by selby »
  My gut feeling is they will extend the season this time, and as of now if things stay as they are at least we know the next game should be v Blackburn in the cup.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on December 28, 2020, 07:49:49 pm by drfchound »
The Blackburn game is scheduled for 9th January.
When will our group of players be allowed to resume training.
Last time we played them it was our first proper first game for ages.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on December 28, 2020, 08:13:23 pm by idler »
It would be ironic if we were fit but in the meantime Blackburn have to call it off due to their players going down with it.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on January 01, 2021, 03:43:15 am by BobG »
  My gut feeling is they will extend the season this time, and as of now if things stay as they are at least we know the next game should be v Blackburn in the cup.

I thought the whole point is that the powers that be say the season cannot be extended because of some silly cup competition?

BobG

TinyPortal © 2005-2012