Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 01:19:29 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Is there anyone  (Read 4591 times)

NathanDRFC

• Forum Member
Re: Is there anyone
« Reply #30 on March 26, 2021, 08:32:07 am by NathanDRFC »
An interesting discussion - Look out for some announcements soon around grassroots football.

The FA rule is “ C4.2.1  Players who reach the age of nine years during the academic year and who are in full-time education may register as an Academy Player.”

Standard code of rules for youth competitions (all leagues have to abide by these rules) rule 18 B “ A Player registered with a Premier League or English Football League Academy under the Elite Player Performance Plan contained within Youth Development Rules will not be permitted to play in this Competition”

The new content on the level 1 coaching course is called falling in love with the game - that is so key and critical.

Some resources to help grassroots clubs and leagues can be found at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU5fNYzVSSBzzPS_flutLdQ and for the technology at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyuOk2yix3y3YJnTxiScCqg

Also the grassroots awards are open https://www.thefa.com/get-involved/grassroots-football-awards

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on March 26, 2021, 09:27:32 am by Filo »
Just my opinion, but I think the kids that you guys coach should be coached in the finer skills of the game, eg. controlling a ball at pace and pacing in the next touch, the chop etc. By you guys before the academies turn them into football robots

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on March 26, 2021, 09:51:39 am by Al4475 »
I think filo that is why I have had success across all my schools- I love the finer arts of the game even as a goalkeeper, and my players have always passed, moved, been comfortable with both feet and enjoyed the game.

One thing I have always done which works a treat us insist that lads that want to improve at football with me do the netball training too, as that coaches positional awareness and importance of each role in a team (each player is only allowed in certain zones on the pitch in netball and the high fives stuff in schools rotates players so they play everywhere over the course of a game or two) quick release of the ball and moving into space to receive a pass - although the skills and techniques are obviously different in netball, tactically astute netball players make very tactically astute footballers.

Wade Falana

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on March 26, 2021, 10:23:51 am by Wade Falana »
Good luck to anyone with a lad just starting at academy level.
The commitment from the parents is ridicules and be ready for many a week when you disagree with the coaches.
My lad was at Leeds for about 4 seasons, that's twice a week up and down the A1 to their training ground at Thorpe Arch in Wetherby. Going to games and eventually thinking is he really enjoying this cos he's lost his spark and almost afraid to make a mistake. Then one day you get called in and without any real explanation your released, bang! I remember getting in my car gutted then my lad pipes up "can I go and play with mates at Armthorpe now Dad"
In hindsight it was the best thing that happened cos he soon got his love for playing again, it was probably me who got sucked in by the bright lights of an academy.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on March 26, 2021, 01:25:40 pm by drfchound »
WF, I have said for many a year that the parents are the ones who get most out of their kids being at a football club academy.
It is ridiculous that clubs sign kids as young at seven or eight years old.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on March 26, 2021, 05:41:44 pm by Nudga »
I think filo that is why I have had success across all my schools- I love the finer arts of the game even as a goalkeeper, and my players have always passed, moved, been comfortable with both feet and enjoyed the game.

One thing I have always done which works a treat us insist that lads that want to improve at football with me do the netball training too, as that coaches positional awareness and importance of each role in a team (each player is only allowed in certain zones on the pitch in netball and the high fives stuff in schools rotates players so they play everywhere over the course of a game or two) quick release of the ball and moving into space to receive a pass - although the skills and techniques are obviously different in netball, tactically astute netball players make very tactically astute footballers.

We went down the route of playing street football and Futsal.
I never do "drills" with cones. We play a lot of small sided games lasting around 12 minutes, each game has a specific target or challenge. It could be individual or team based challenge.

Tuesday nights are just Futsal, I get out the big speaker, put some tunes on and let them play.
Futsal is amazing, it's quicker than British 5 a side and it teaches them naturally to play in tight spaces. Mistakes are forgotten quickly because there's no time to dwell on them.
Sometimes on Saturday mornings, I let them choose what they want to do, other times we play cuppies or heads n volleys.

To anyone walking past, it probably looks like that I don't know what I'm doing, but there is a big philosophy behind it and it is heavily based on the Brazilian favalas.

NathanDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on March 27, 2021, 10:52:45 am by NathanDRFC »
Survive. Revive. Thrive.

The FA launces a new long term strategy for grassroots football as millions are ready to return.

https://www.thefa.com/news/2021/mar/26/fa-new-grassroots-strategy-launched-20210327

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on March 27, 2021, 12:49:45 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »

We went down the route of playing street football and Futsal.
I never do "drills" with cones. We play a lot of small sided games lasting around 12 minutes, each game has a specific target or challenge. It could be individual or team based challenge.

Tuesday nights are just Futsal, I get out the big speaker, put some tunes on and let them play.
Futsal is amazing, it's quicker than British 5 a side and it teaches them naturally to play in tight spaces. Mistakes are forgotten quickly because there's no time to dwell on them.
Sometimes on Saturday mornings, I let them choose what they want to do, other times we play cuppies or heads n volleys.

To anyone walking past, it probably looks like that I don't know what I'm doing, but there is a big philosophy behind it and it is heavily based on the Brazilian favalas.

That sounds f**king ace.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012