Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 02:23:12 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let's talk about the Barrow game  (Read 3697 times)

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
Re: Let's talk about the Barrow game
« Reply #30 on February 14, 2023, 09:52:45 pm by bpoolrover »
Excellent defensively good 3 points again

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on February 14, 2023, 09:56:21 pm by Metalmicky »
6 points of third place....

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on February 14, 2023, 09:58:36 pm by Wiltshire Exile »
Excellent result…no goals conceded in the last 272 minutes. Not bad, eh?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2023, 09:26:39 am by Wiltshire Exile »

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on February 14, 2023, 10:04:53 pm by Alickismyhero »
Great result but I thought it was a poor passing performance.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on February 14, 2023, 10:05:10 pm by steve@dcfd »
Another 3pts three wins on the trot and conceded 0 goals.
As Copps says "A lot of the times when we have recruited we haven’t necessarily brought in better players for more money. For me it’s about stability in terms of having a core group of players that can stay together for a longer period of time to give us the best chance of being successful."
“They will improve”
So we have to accept that players and managers will be doing their best.
Have we spent the money we had wisely to progress I don’t know, can we get in the promotion mix we will see. We will have to continue winning games.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on February 14, 2023, 10:07:14 pm by normal rules »
I wish Miller would find some striker quality and the back of the net. He ploughs a lonely furrow for most of the game. When he does get the ball, he just doesn’t inspire me.

Peebles Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on February 14, 2023, 10:10:01 pm by Peebles Rover »
He never really seems to get the ball at his feet and to have time to face the defence

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on February 14, 2023, 10:10:29 pm by Filo »
I wish Miller would find some striker quality and the back of the net. He ploughs a lonely furrow for most of the game. When he does get the ball, he just doesn’t inspire me.

For all his lone running, had a decent chance today and mishit his shot into the ground, it’s just not going for him at the moment

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on February 14, 2023, 10:16:22 pm by les@donr »
Another correct prediction from Mystic Les :)

Bailey Vickerage

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on February 14, 2023, 10:54:25 pm by Bailey Vickerage »
another great win and great defensive display, Maxwell and Brown excellent defensively and going forward, Rowe, Nelson and Olowu won everything and Mitchell commanded his area brilliantly taking crosses and taking pressure off the defence. Molyneux looked a completely different player tonight aswell, full of confidence and running at players, don’t think we would have seen him try and nutmeg the same player 2/3 times in the corner a couple of weeks ago lol.

Thought we looked tired in the second half but held on when they threw everything at us, well deserved clean sheet. Hopefully we can carry this run on against Sutton. Said after the Mansfield game this month would be huge and probs decide our season with 6 games in 21 days and 9 points from a possible 12 with 1 goal conceded a is a very good return so far.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on February 15, 2023, 01:19:28 am by Sammy Chung was King »
George isn’t getting the quality of ball he got early in the season, when he did he scored goals. Of course his confidence will have been hit a bit ,not scoring  for so long. He will score if given good service .

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on February 15, 2023, 02:07:47 am by les@donr »
Sutton will be a tough test. However, confidence and a winning momentum counts for a lot.. I'm predicting an away win.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on February 15, 2023, 06:36:38 am by roversdude »
Can imagine our 3 central defenders will have a headache this morning, the amount of headers they won particularly second half when everything was lumped up
By the way what a kick their keeper had, maybe the longest run up I’ve ever seen for goal kicks

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on February 15, 2023, 08:04:34 am by Metalmicky »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on February 15, 2023, 08:13:59 am by drfchound »
I thought we played really well up to scoring the goal.
After that we seemed to get over cautious and not too keen to push on and get a second goal.
After the break we had the same lack of ambition apart from a ten minute spell.
Defensively we looked solid though, in fact Mitchell didn’t touch the ball with his hands until the 33rd minute.
Molyneux was really good all night and that moment in the SE corner was terrific.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on February 15, 2023, 08:20:35 am by Chris Black come back »
We played good football at times, it just struggles to be cohesive for long periods though. Some great interplay on left and right sides and how long since we have seen overlapping runs? Brown looks a great player and would do world of good for us on a permanent.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on February 15, 2023, 09:06:37 am by ncRover »
George isn’t getting the quality of ball he got early in the season, when he did he scored goals. Of course his confidence will have been hit a bit ,not scoring  for so long. He will score if given good service .

He lacks quality in the air and on the deck to hold it up and keep possession. At present he’s the weak link in this system.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on February 15, 2023, 09:22:52 am by Donnywolf »

He did make a "bit of History" today when the Ref became the first to EVER award Rovers a free kick on George

True with three defenders literally on his back and shoulders and another pulling the shirt off his back , it was a borderline decision but he finally did it

Seriously though what does he have to do to get the Free kicks that he / we should

TinyPortal © 2005-2012