Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 01:15:59 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let's talk about the Crawley Town game  (Read 4459 times)

ncRover

• Forum Member
Re: Let's talk about the Crawley Town game
« Reply #30 on March 21, 2023, 11:56:39 am by ncRover »
Close and Rowe cannot be the only 2 central midfielders. No legs, would get overrun completely.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on March 21, 2023, 12:05:52 pm by steve@dcfd »
There is no one else Ravenhill will not be up to the task

Butchers Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on March 21, 2023, 12:10:40 pm by Butchers Red »
Let's give it a go for christ sake

MOORE

BROWN   FAULKENER   ANDERSON   OLOWU

CLOSE      RAVENHILL   MOLYNEUX

HURST
                    LAVERY              GOODMAN
« Last Edit: March 21, 2023, 12:20:42 pm by Butchers Red »

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on March 21, 2023, 12:15:12 pm by ravenrover »
Miller is injured

Butchers Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on March 21, 2023, 12:21:47 pm by Butchers Red »
Miller is injured

Thanks I forgot that - so why not give Goodman the experience - there really is nothing to lose from hereon to season end.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on March 21, 2023, 12:51:42 pm by ncRover »
Miller is injured

Thanks I forgot that - so why not give Goodman the experience - there really is nothing to lose from hereon to season end.

Do you not think that our final league position is somewhat of a determinant as to which players we could attract in the summer?

Reg of the Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on March 21, 2023, 05:36:26 pm by Reg of the Rovers »
Miller is injured

Agree with this, we keep developing and giving experience to other clubs loans at the expense of developing our own players. Miller, T is lightweight and just can't effect games, I'd be blooding our own players now and sending him back. I always liked the look of Kuleya whenever he gets a chance, another example where a bit more nurturing could have developing a great asset for us.

karldew

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on March 21, 2023, 06:36:34 pm by karldew »
Faulkner needs to start, give him the opportunity. He’s been out on loan, he needs games and we need to see how good he can be.
You never give up on promotion while there is a chance but it’s unlikely.
I would go for

Moore

Faulkner.  Anderson.  Olowu

Brown.                                               Seaman

Close.          Rowe

Molyneux                                    Hurst

Lavery

There are 12 players in that line up.

I thought we needed the extra player. Must have been tired.
So you would take Miller out who has scored 2 in 2?

Miller is injured I think?

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on March 21, 2023, 06:45:45 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
That’s why I haven’t got Biggins or Miller in, injured from what’s coming from reports.

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on March 21, 2023, 07:00:35 pm by ForsolongaRover »
Looking like it's going to be a threadbare matchday squad tomorrow so, not expecting anything from this game. Anything will be an achievement.

Not really a game we can judge Schofields team selection or overall competence.

Likely young shoulders will be called upon to bear the responsibility.of a first team start. Will be interesting to see how they perform in the face of adversity. Possibly the approach will be to keep it simple and try to do the basics well. If in doubt, Row Z.

Surely though this is such a test. It is not a question of Schofield showing that he can coax a good performance out of the depleted squad? Although I'm not sure that even a DRFC scratch 11 should be losing to Crawley, those who still have some faith in him could find credit in a determined display.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on March 21, 2023, 07:35:09 pm by selby »
  I am beginning to think we have a complete idiot on our hands to be honest, I cannot for the life of me see any gain in bringing Faulkner off his loan at Spennymoor where he would have been playing in a game tonight to sit on the bench at Crawley.
 He has totally undermined that lads progress and reputation, could well have cost this club thousands of pounds in his valuation, and is driving the lad away from his home town club who he always wanted to play for.
  You reap what you sow.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on March 21, 2023, 07:40:43 pm by Alan Southstand »
I don’t always agree with you, Selby, but ‘complete idiot’ seems about right to me.

Lose tonight and he should be gone - but his saving grace is that he’s not the only idiot at the Club!

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on March 21, 2023, 08:05:29 pm by Rovers91 »
  I am beginning to think we have a complete idiot on our hands to be honest, I cannot for the life of me see any gain in bringing Faulkner off his loan at Spennymoor where he would have been playing in a game tonight to sit on the bench at Crawley.
 He has totally undermined that lads progress and reputation, could well have cost this club thousands of pounds in his valuation, and is driving the lad away from his home town club who he always wanted to play for.
  You reap what you sow.

I want Schofield to go we need better, but if we only have Anderson, Olowu and Rowe available tonight for the 3 centre backs. He has to recall Faulkner in case we get an injury during the game and in case he's needed at the weekend.

jamesrover17

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on March 21, 2023, 08:34:59 pm by jamesrover17 »
Tough watch this gents…

Pside

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on March 21, 2023, 09:37:47 pm by Pside »
This has been absolutely disgusting tonight. He needs to go, we’ve gone backwards.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on March 21, 2023, 09:42:48 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
  You reap what you sow.

Yep doesn’t look like a smart person with that move. Not sure what Faulkner gets out of coming on at 60min.

He has to go before the season is out. Expectations are dangerously low as they are if he sees this season out continuing like this the ticket sales will plummet

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on March 21, 2023, 09:43:52 pm by MachoMadness »
One of the worst games of football I've ever seen. Spent most of the second half playing a game on my phone. f**king dreadful.

Donnyjim

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on March 21, 2023, 09:56:20 pm by Donnyjim »
How many times can we change manager? How many times have we changed manager recently? Nothing changes, the decline continues. Insanity is doing the same thing over and expecting different results? If we don’t get new owners soon we are quickly heading for one of the darkest era’s of the club, since Richardson.

Branton Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on March 21, 2023, 10:03:41 pm by Branton Red »
That was awful!

Just as you think they couldn't possibly get any worse.....

1 shot; no corners; no attacking intent; totally 2nd best to a team 22nd in the league who, in terms of quality, looked exactly like a team in 22nd in the league.

Unless something changes Rovers are going to be in a relegation dogfight next season.

And what's even more worrying is there is simply no fight in this team whatsoever.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on March 21, 2023, 10:22:12 pm by selby »
The back line were faultless, Olowu Anderson Rowe and Faulkner when he came on played well as did the two full backs Ravenhill did ok, the striker took his one chance well, the rest of them did very little going forward, Molineux put a shift in tackling back
   How do I know Sunday that there would be a good chance Crawley would score from twenty yards straight in front of goal and no midfielder defending that area in sight. We must be one of the few teams in professional football that don't defend with a midfielder the area in front of the D when we don't have the ball.
   I am surprised that can't be in our technical reference book the modern coaches swallow.

Prez

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on March 21, 2023, 10:28:45 pm by Prez »
Did Crawley really have 15 shots to our 2?

Jesus wept that cant be true. Wtf is happening here.

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on March 21, 2023, 10:34:19 pm by ForsolongaRover »
That was awful!

1 shot; no corners; no attacking intent; totally 2nd best to a team 22nd in the league who, in terms of quality, looked exactly like a team in 22nd in the league.

Unless something changes Rovers are going to be in a relegation dogfight next season.

And what's even more worrying is there is simply no fight in this team whatsoever.

As you rightly observe there was no “fight” at all tonight, so they would have to up their game even to conduct a “dogfight” against relegation! Onwards and downwards…

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on March 21, 2023, 10:38:19 pm by normal rules »
Not good stats

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on March 21, 2023, 10:40:08 pm by Campsall rover »
No we only had 1 attempt at goal in 100 mins of football.
Do not know where the BBC got 2 from.

That was appalling tonight a total shambles.
But the process is working every one so don’t worry the future is bright!!!

DS must go after that.
If he had any dignity he would resign.

Embarrassing, no other word.

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on March 21, 2023, 10:41:19 pm by StocksArmy »
That was awful!

There is no fight in the club which is most worrying.

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on March 21, 2023, 11:15:07 pm by Bessie Red »
  You reap what you sow.

Yep doesn’t look like a smart person with that move. Not sure what Faulkner gets out of coming on at 60min.

He has to go before the season is out. Expectations are dangerously low as they are if he sees this season out continuing like this the ticket sales will plummet
Agree, if you're bringing him back, put him straight in and allow Tommy Rowe to move into midfield alongside Close & Ravenhill and leave one of Hurst or Molyneux out.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on March 21, 2023, 11:29:18 pm by Campsall rover »
Tommy Rowe was awful when he moved into midfield after Ravenhill went off last 20 mins.
Ravenhill was also awful.

Don’t think TR has got the legs any more.

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on March 21, 2023, 11:46:27 pm by Bessie Red »
Tommy Rowe was awful when he moved into midfield after Ravenhill went off last 20 mins.
Ravenhill was also awful.

Don’t think TR has got the legs any more.

I don't disagree, but he has more chance of affecting the game in his natural midfield position than at centre back.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on March 22, 2023, 12:39:03 am by Sammy Chung was King »
The board need to find someone else to takeover from them, it needs new ideas, it has all gone stale under them for quite a while.
Thank you for everything you’ve done and all that, but with owners who want to get up the leagues we could do a lot better.
I understand those sort of people don’t grow on trees. I think the time has come for them to be looking at it.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on March 22, 2023, 01:47:28 am by roversdude »
Burton away was the worst I had seen Rovers play and it ultimately was the undoing of Wellens (yeah I know he held on a few more games) last night was on a par with that performance absolutely clueless I’m afraid. I’m not in favour of sacking managers for the sake of it but I’m struggling to see a way forward

TinyPortal © 2005-2012