Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 03:29:12 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Fairhurst  (Read 1668 times)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
Fairhurst
« on April 16, 2010, 05:00:23 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Start him tomorrow?  I would play with the team a bit, nowt really to play for and we need to see how he does.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

grayx

• Forum Member
Re:Fairhurst
« Reply #1 on April 16, 2010, 05:04:33 pm by grayx »
big fat yorkshire pudding wrote:
Start him tomorrow?  I would play with the team a bit, nowt really to play for and we need to see how he does.

I agree. Give him a start,rather than bring him on later when its more difficult to catch up with the pace of the game.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 16, 2010, 05:47:28 pm by dknward2 »
yes please do sod when him and billy played alongside each other it sounded like we finally had a front pairing that could inflict some damage.

both will run endlessly and never give up on a so called lost cause. thats want makes agreat striker

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 16, 2010, 06:47:48 pm by The Red Baron »
I was thinking about the line-up today. I think we could see a few changes. This may be the last chance for one or two to earn contract offers for next season. I think we might see:

Smith
O'Connor
Martis
Lockwood or Hird
McDaid
Mutch
Oster
Coppinger
JET
Hayter
Fairhurst (sorry Heff!)

The logic being that Roberts, Chambers (if out of contract?) and Wilson have already done enough to earn new offers. Heff (sad to say) won't get one and McDaid, Smith and Lockwood are three who might or might not.

I'd expect back to something like full-strength (Stock may be available) for next week to be fair to the teams fighting it out with Scunny at the bottom.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on April 16, 2010, 08:13:37 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
dknward2 wrote:
yes please do sod when him and billy played alongside each other it sounded like we finally had a front pairing that could inflict some damage.

both will run endlessly and never give up on a so called lost cause. thats want makes agreat striker

All true but...

O'Driscoll has commented more than once that the Ipswich match was our worst performance of the season. Fairhurst seemed to take the rap for that. He hasn't started a match for us since. I wonder if O'Driscoll really rates him.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012