Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 10:54:02 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Where was the atmosphere?  (Read 3264 times)

Yorkshire Lad

• Forum Member
Where was the atmosphere?
« on April 10, 2010, 10:48:03 pm by Yorkshire Lad »
I know you could say we got treated to a brillant atmosphere recieved from the WBA fans, but still i was expecting some noise to be produced from the South Stand.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
Re:Where was the atmosphere?
« Reply #1 on April 10, 2010, 11:05:20 pm by MrFrost »
The weekly atmosphere thread! It had to come!

DRFCTom

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 10, 2010, 11:10:50 pm by DRFCTom »
The ONLY way we could improve the atmosphere (and I dont care what any of you say) is if we create a singing section next to the away fans. Exactly the same as what West Brom have at there ground.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 11, 2010, 12:02:20 am by bobjimwilly »
I thought our lot sang well today, more than usual. We're never going to compete with 3000+ away fans who are on the verge on promotion to the premiership, really, are we?  :huh:

en aitch

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 11, 2010, 07:18:34 am by en aitch »
The way to sort out an \"atmosphere\" is to take out the seats / allocated seating

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on April 11, 2010, 08:22:24 am by The Red Baron »
They went very quiet for five minutes after Hayter scored!

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 11, 2010, 08:51:54 am by Norfolk N Chance »
becoming massive issue, on the plymouth game last week you could hear the players shouting to each others.
Why dont people sing? The drummer does his bit so well done to him!
Where the passion? Seems the youngsters are more interested in getting pies at half time!
The KM is embarrassing at times it really is and the east stand well dont get me started with that one !
Why dont the club hand out a four pack for all the over 18's so we lose the inhibitions :laugh:  :huh:

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 11, 2010, 02:24:56 pm by bobjimwilly »
Norfolk N Chance wrote:
becoming massive issue, on the plymouth game last week you could hear the players shouting to each others.
Why dont people sing? The drummer does his bit so well done to him!
Where the passion? Seems the youngsters are more interested in getting pies at half time!
The KM is embarrassing at times it really is and the east stand well dont get me started with that one !
Why dont the club hand out a four pack for all the over 18's so we lose the inhibitions :laugh:  :huh:

If you don't sing = you don't have passion? get a grip norfolk.
This record really is getting old now, someone please change it  :S

WSBBA_Ben

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 12, 2010, 03:43:27 pm by WSBBA_Ben »
DRFCTom wrote:
The ONLY way we could improve the atmosphere (and I dont care what any of you say) is if we create a singing section next to the away fans. Exactly the same as what West Brom have at there ground.

Here here. Same at Hull too, they were awesome when we went over there in D3 & L1.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 12, 2010, 06:47:53 pm by Boomstick »
Definately need a singing section in the north west corner. We dont have 3000+ fans who want to sing, so the southstand is simply a non starter. Plus the high concentration of families there will dilute the atmos too much.
What the Keepmoat needs is a section of 500 hardcore who will sing for the 90mins, and I dont just mean the happy clappy rubbish either.

This could so easily be the keepmoat n/w corner.
[video]http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I42bulJDftg[/video]

monkeytennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 12, 2010, 07:24:33 pm by monkeytennis »
I haven't been going to see live games for very long (only started to go regularly this season in fact) and I also wondered why we don't seem to have many songs/chants like other teams?

I take my kids and we'd all enjoy a good shout and sing but there doesn't seem to be any to start with!

We do go in the East stand and I was thinking of switching to South or West next season - what are main differences do you think?

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 12, 2010, 07:52:10 pm by Superspy »
monkeytennis wrote:

We do go in the East stand and I was thinking of switching to South or West next season - what are main differences do you think?

easy one that mate.

nobody sings in the east
a few people sing in the west
more than a few sing in the south.  :laugh:

thornerover94

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 13, 2010, 12:36:03 pm by thornerover94 »
we all know from these previous atmosphere threads that unless all the fans can agree (which they cant) or the club organise it and advertise it it wont work and we will still be going on about about crap atmosphere and wanting a singing section all through next season there too much of a split opinion on where it should be even though a vast majority did vote for it to be the south stand

WSBBA_Ben

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 14, 2010, 01:28:15 pm by WSBBA_Ben »
Boomstick wrote:
Definately need a singing section in the north west corner. We dont have 3000+ fans who want to sing, so the southstand is simply a non starter. Plus the high concentration of families there will dilute the atmos too much.
What the Keepmoat needs is a section of 500 hardcore who will sing for the 90mins, and I dont just mean the happy clappy rubbish either.

This could so easily be the keepmoat n/w corner.
[video]http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I42bulJDftg[/video]

Here here!! This is our vision, big time! If we had a hardcore of 500, it'd make one hell of a difference, I notice they've moved the segregation back...thus 100's more seats are now available in the West Stand B section.

BLIR

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 15, 2010, 11:33:24 am by BLIR »
I reckon a hardcore of 500 or so would soon grow too. People are generally too self conscious to sing on their own, but will happily join in if \"everyone else does\".

monkeytennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 16, 2010, 10:17:43 pm by monkeytennis »
BLIR wrote:
I reckon a hardcore of 500 or so would soon grow too. People are generally too self conscious to sing on their own, but will happily join in if \"everyone else does\".

AND if we know the words!!  :cheer:

thornerover94

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 16, 2010, 11:17:46 pm by thornerover94 »
its not hard to get the words really maybe a thread with all rovers songs in it and then nobody has an excuse even people who havent joined the site can still check it out then its just getting a couple of hundred together who are willing to sing for 90 mins i would do it but first does anybody know how it can be organised?????

TinyPortal © 2005-2012