Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 07:54:43 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Barring 97/98...  (Read 3383 times)

normal rules

• Forum Member
Re: Barring 97/98...
« Reply #30 on April 13, 2021, 09:42:06 pm by normal rules »
I just wish we could have been in the Stadium to let our feelings known, these f**kers have no backbone at all

It’s probably a good job we are not. I’ve been to a few games where the boo boys have been out, but this would be different level. Even the die hards are pissed off.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on April 13, 2021, 09:42:56 pm by wilts rover »
At least in 1997/1998 we never had a hope this season the hope has killed us , I remember the Chester 2-1 win on a Tuesday night in 1997 when super Mike smith scored and we about 500 odd were there on a cold November’s night and the smiles on the faces at full time

Sure you don't mean Peterborough away 1.0 when Smith scored that bloody awful season? I was also at Colchester that day. Come on get a grip we are truly awful at the moment, but hey ho.. keep the faith please people, tomorrow (next season) is another day and yes I will be renewing my ST when asked, but I am apprehensive about how many will in this climate.

Chester game was at home, first (of very few) victories that season.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on April 13, 2021, 09:43:28 pm by GazLaz »
We saw a savvy manager that knew he needed to change things, and we saw a clueless manager that didn’t do anything to change things

JFH had the chance to sign 12 players when he came in to be fair.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on April 13, 2021, 09:43:47 pm by Draytonian III »
At least in 1997/1998 we never had a hope this season the hope has killed us , I remember the Chester 2-1 win on a Tuesday night in 1997 when super Mike smith scored and we about 500 odd were there on a cold November’s night and the smiles on the faces at full time

Didn’t the ball hit him in the back and go into the net.  I know there’s wasn’t a queue for the toilets

Pliskin

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on April 13, 2021, 09:47:08 pm by Pliskin »
Bang on.

It seems like one can be arsed. That mentality comes from the top I'm afraid, and has manifested itself on the pitch with dire consequences.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on April 13, 2021, 10:02:09 pm by RoversAlias »
where do we go from here?

I can't make a case to keep any of them, AJ & Copps only.

We area shambles at the back, and they just panic at every opportunity, but that's not helped by the non existent midfield. Ive stuck up for Bogle, and he showed one bit of brilliant play in the first half, that shows if he wants to, he can, but all to often it looks like he is just jogging between the centre circle and box, doing nothing much.

I have always liked Smith, just pure effort from the first game with us, but I am wondering if he is just a busy fool, or just a casualty of this poor team.

I am hoping for a total clear out, I doubt we could afford it though

Horton wasn't bad at all, imo.

He was totally at fault for the first goal. I don't want to criticise him, because he and Greaves clearly put the effort in but they are nowhere near good enough. Yet. I hope they get the chance to develop under the new manager.

Almost the entire rest of the squad, and I do mean everyone bar those two, Jones, and possibly Tom Anderson, can just go for me. Please just leave so we can sign some players who will actually put effort in for the team and have some pride.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on April 13, 2021, 10:07:41 pm by Chris Black come back »
We saw a savvy manager that knew he needed to change things, and we saw a clueless manager that didn’t do anything to change things

They are all absolutely massive as well. Huge units.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on April 13, 2021, 10:12:41 pm by PDX_Rover »

They are all absolutely massive as well. Huge units.

They were solid lads.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on April 13, 2021, 10:25:46 pm by NickDRFC »

We area shambles at the back, and they just panic at every opportunity, but that's not helped by the non existent midfield. Ive stuck up for Bogle, and he showed one bit of brilliant play in the first half, that shows if he wants to, he can, but all to often it looks like he is just jogging between the centre circle and box, doing nothing much.

I have always liked Smith, just pure effort from the first game with us, but I am wondering if he is just a busy fool, or just a casualty of this poor team.

He was totally at fault for the first goal. I don't want to criticise him, because he and Greaves clearly put the effort in but they are nowhere near good enough. Yet. I hope they get the chance to develop under the new manager.

Almost the entire rest of the squad, and I do mean everyone bar those two, Jones, and possibly Tom Anderson, can just go for me. Please just leave so we can sign some players who will actually put effort in for the team and have some pride.

Recency bias at play here although I’m not surprised given how bad we have been recently. Alongside those you’ve mentioned, James and Halliday have never been wanting for effort and I’d definitely get them signed up (Halliday needs some competition though), Copps if he wants another year, maybe Fej. Beyond that though it’s slim pickings, the farcical contract and loan situation is actually going to work in our favour as it will allow for a total clean out.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on April 13, 2021, 10:29:59 pm by RoversAlias »
James admittedly I would keep, but Copps is retiring and Fej for me doesn't do enough. He's better than some but it isn't saying much, and Halliday has been going backwards defensively for a while.

I also fully expect James to get a contract elsewhere and fair enough.

Regardless, after watching this last few weeks/months unfold I was merely expressing my complete disdain for the squad. If not one person involved came back next season, I would not be upset.

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on April 14, 2021, 12:15:49 am by Janso »

Aye, he was at fault for the first goal, but other than that I thought he had a decent game, generally speaking.

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on April 14, 2021, 08:48:39 am by DonnyNoel »

Didn’t the ball hit him in the back and go into the net.  I know there’s wasn’t a queue for the toilets

Sort of, the keeper claimed a cross, went to throw it out to their full back but threw it at the back of Smith's leg and he then turned round and put it into a virtually unguarded net. I know someone mentioned November, but I've got a feeling it might even have been December?

Danmckay456

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on April 14, 2021, 09:19:42 am by Danmckay456 »
It was December I stand corrected

TinyPortal © 2005-2012