Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 07:39:10 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Wednesday tickets?  (Read 11820 times)

SoundbiteBarmyArmy

• Forum Member
Re: Wednesday tickets?
« Reply #30 on September 06, 2013, 08:45:17 am by SoundbiteBarmyArmy »
I am in London that weekend for the NFL, but wouldnt go at that price anyway. I get to a point now at about £25 and draw a line.

You'll be paying £29 a pint and £18 a burger in London won't yer!?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ad1982

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on September 06, 2013, 09:17:21 am by ad1982 »
If we take 1000 I'll be amazed.

Thing is, I bet the price won't put the fans of say Barnsley off who will still take about. 4000 there

Mustapha-Dump

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on September 06, 2013, 09:29:26 am by Mustapha-Dump »
At £15 we would take 2,500 and they would have double the people to sell programmes burger and beers to

ctay

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on September 06, 2013, 09:37:28 am by ctay »
I am in London that weekend for the NFL, but wouldnt go at that price anyway. I get to a point now at about £25 and draw a line.

You'll be paying £29 a pint and £18 a burger in London won't yer!?
Probably!

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on September 06, 2013, 10:01:43 am by The Red Baron »
If we take 1000 I'll be amazed.

Thing is, I bet the price won't put the fans of say Barnsley off who will still take about. 4000 there

Must have more money than sense, then.

Here's a thought- don't give your money to Sheffield Wednesday. Save it and go to the two home games we have the following week. Burnley on 1st Oct and Leicester on 5th Oct. That way your money will go to DRFC.

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on September 06, 2013, 11:31:58 am by Snods Shinpad 2 »
Yep it's £29 or £30 on the day, disgusting

Hmm. Are Wednesday up to their old tricks again?

Home Kop tickets cost £27 for non-members, or £28 on the day.

Rover By The Tyne

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on September 06, 2013, 12:05:20 pm by Rover By The Tyne »
Disgusting prices. Was hoping to make the trip down from Newcastle to Hillsborough. I can't see it being very likely now being on a student budget. Ridiculous how they can just brand anyone who's over 18 in just one price bracket.

SoundbiteBarmyArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on September 06, 2013, 12:43:42 pm by SoundbiteBarmyArmy »
It gets said time and time again, but just look at German football, don't they pay £15 a ticket for games in the Bundesliga?

Does anyone watch the Bundesliga highlights show on ITV4 on a Monday night?(I think it's repeated at some point tonight), just look at how the fans bounce about and create atmosphere, probably because of the price they play to watch a very, very good standard of football.

Wigan was £15 a ticket and we took 1400ish and created a decent atmosphere!

Unfortunately it'll never happen!

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on September 06, 2013, 01:01:42 pm by German Rover »
The only way we can let clubs know this isn't on is to boycott games. This is what the Germans did and it worked for them. We're all football supporters together regardless of the team we support and we're currently getting the raw end of the deal on all parts. We are forced to sit, we are herded like cattle and are ripped off at every opportunity. Enough is enough

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on September 06, 2013, 01:04:44 pm by silent majority »
So, how many of you have signed the 'Twentys Plenty' campaign organised by the FSF?

http://www.fsf.org.uk/campaigns/away-fans/score-campaign-twentys-plenty-for-away-tickets/

And, how many are actually signed up members to the FSF? (It is free!)

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on September 06, 2013, 01:09:48 pm by German Rover »
Football supporters are their own worst enemies, if the supporters worked together as a whole something could happen.  The problem is everyone is very tribal, I tweeted last night about this and the first response was saying well Leeds charge this in an attempt to justify the Wednesday charging 29.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on September 06, 2013, 01:29:16 pm by mrfrostsdad »
£30 on the day. Makes our prices look cheap doesn't it? And yet their average crowd will double, probably treble ours this season.
So, contrary to what a lot of people think, it's not all about ticket prices

SoundbiteBarmyArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on September 06, 2013, 02:46:17 pm by SoundbiteBarmyArmy »
So, how many of you have signed the 'Twentys Plenty' campaign organised by the FSF?

http://www.fsf.org.uk/campaigns/away-fans/score-campaign-twentys-plenty-for-away-tickets/

And, how many are actually signed up members to the FSF? (It is free!)

I am and have been an FSF member for three years now and I have just signed the campaign

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on September 06, 2013, 03:59:08 pm by steve@dcfd »
The supporters who pay game by game to go to our home games should never complain or give the excuse of ticket prices if they pay to go to This game.

Huddersfield tickets are £25 but supporters will pay that yet complain our prices are to high. How can we compete.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 04:19:08 pm by steve@dcfd »

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on September 06, 2013, 04:04:23 pm by MrFrost »
It's a shame they are so high, as this would have been a decent following. As ad put, i'd be surprised if it was anywhere near a thousand.

How are they getting away with charging home fans less though?

dumbroofer

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on September 06, 2013, 04:22:16 pm by dumbroofer »
The supporters who pay game by game to go to our home games should never complain or give the excuse of ticket prices if they pay to go to This game.

for me steve, paying game by game suits at this time. its the floating fan that the price puts off, there were ten or twelve of us a few years back attending(st holders most of them)
now there is just me.
when asked if they are coming the answer was always " not paying that to watch that" last season.
but in the last two seasons they have found other things to do/spend their money on.
it will take alot of good football and a few wins to claw back that type of fan.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on September 06, 2013, 04:26:53 pm by steve@dcfd »

for me steve, paying game by game suits at this time. its the floating fan that the price puts off, there were ten or twelve of us a few years back attending(st holders most of them)
now there is just me.
when asked if they are coming the answer was always " not paying that to watch that" last season.
but in the last two seasons they have found other things to do/spend their money on.
it will take alot of good football and a few wins to claw back that type of fan.

Totally agree with that I have evidence of the same thing.

andy didcott

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on September 06, 2013, 04:42:27 pm by andy didcott »
Love these local derbies, great atmosphere, seen the price, definitely won't be paying that I'm afraid.
The only way the prices will come down is by boycotting these games. Spend yer money at the keepmoat dudes.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on September 06, 2013, 04:52:48 pm by mrfrostsdad »
Am I correct in thinking I saw somewhere that when we are at Ipswich it's £43 to get in??

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on September 06, 2013, 05:29:05 pm by NickDRFC »
Silly price. Unfortunately I'm (effectively) committed, coming up from London with a group (including a Wednesday fan) and we've already booked train tickets.

Was very much looking forward to the local derby, still am but doesn't sound like there will be a great deal of fans there with me!

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on September 07, 2013, 08:28:49 am by normal rules »
this is exactly the reason crowds are down in football. there is no way your average bloke is going to pay this. I don't care what level rovers play at. the best part of 50 quid to take my lad to watch rovers at Hillsborough - and that's without the 150 mile round trip to get there.

wasn't it 20 quid just a few seasons ago?

it will an unsurprisingly low attendance for away fans, I have no doubt.

wake up clubs - you are killing attendances.

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on September 07, 2013, 08:53:26 am by coventryrover »
£30 on the day. Makes our prices look cheap doesn't it? And yet their average crowd will double, probably treble ours this season.
So, contrary to what a lot of people think, it's not all about ticket prices

i put that down to Sheffield being bigger thus larger catchment not prices

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Re: (No subject)
« Reply #52 on September 07, 2013, 09:50:25 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Outrageous. Are home fans being charged the same? They have a history of bending the rules.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on September 07, 2013, 10:16:37 am by silent majority »
Their 'equivalent accommodation' isn't the Kop end, therefore using that figure is irrelevant. Their argument is that the facilities in the away end are superior, therefore they can charge what they currently do.

We did attempt to approach several local clubs with a view to reciprocal pricing but unfortunately we seemed to be the only club with an appetite for it.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 11:18:51 am by silent majority »

scaley back rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on September 07, 2013, 11:06:26 am by scaley back rover »
its a pity that SM as didnt we do a deal with the dingles a couple of seasons back where they charged us 20 quid and we did the same for them. If my memory serves me right both away attendences were healthy as a result. Its a shame that other clubs dont see the sense of it as i am sure the revenue would be increased as more people would attend imho . I have thought also about the implications of us charging more for fans of these clubs (prob cant be done anyway) but then we would lose money and that would make us as bad as them .

Heres a thought though a trip to wednesdays for me and my son is a similar price to a sports package with sky for a month , now i know you cant beat live football but you can see why people dont go to the match when its a hell of alot cheaper to sit at home and watch numerous games on the box.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on September 07, 2013, 11:27:46 am by silent majority »
scaley back rover,

Yes we did. I organised a campaign at this end and one of my FSF colleagues did the same at the Barnsley end resulting in a reduction in price to £21. They were charging £28 at the time and we were charging £27 meaning we got the slightly better deal. End result was a saving of £7 for all DRFC supporters and as a result we took a couple of thousand supporters to Barnsley.

(However, to his ultimate shame a certain poster on here tried very hard to scupper my plans and wouldn't listen to reason)

When I raised this subject again this season we were in the unfortunate position of Barnsley changing all their senior management, plus the people running the trust at Barnsley have also changed. It didn't help.

We should all sign the FSF petition though as its already beginning to have an effect at Premier league level. If we can get it to work there then it's bound to be felt throughout the league structure.

scaley back rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on September 07, 2013, 12:00:55 pm by scaley back rover »
Thought so SM . i signed the said petition when it was first placed on here as it makes sense mate . I am afraid that if people cant justify paying those prices they wont go to follow their club, which in turn means they will be finding other forms of entertainment to do on these days. Now if that in turn starts becoming as enjoyable or more enjoyable and more cost freindly than following their respective club ( not just rovers) then the clubs lose that customer and their family.

I think for too long clubs have relied on fans loyalty to charge what they want , in this day and age people are fed up paying through the nose for ninety mins of possible entertainment. Whilst some clubs ours included are trying to make it a cost freindly day other clubs are simply taking the piss. I for one wint be going to any away match where i deem the cost to be a piss take so that means i will miss leeds and ipswich also . As much as i love watching my team i wont be held to ransom by these greedy bas**rds at other clubs to watch rovers.

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on September 07, 2013, 12:36:01 pm by RedRover45 »
^ This....

ad1982

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on September 07, 2013, 03:34:25 pm by ad1982 »
I think it's pathetic people are not gonna bother going over the sake of paying a few more quid.
You'd go if it was 25.

Why is it only out fans with this attitude?
As I said Barnsley will take 4000 plus there, they won't be moaning about paying a few quid extra. Are Barnsley supporters that much better off? No, they are just more passionate and willing to support their team at all costs.

Our support is frankly pathetic. We've sold what 400 tickets so far for a local derby at Huddersfield. We might shift 1000 if we are lucky.

The Wednesday game, it will be less, and again we will be a laughing stock. Another example of why we shouldn't be in this league.

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on September 07, 2013, 03:49:39 pm by StocktonRover »
I think it's pathetic people are not gonna bother going over the sake of paying a few more quid.
You'd go if it was 25.

Why is it only out fans with this attitude?
As I said Barnsley will take 4000 plus there, they won't be moaning about paying a few quid extra. Are Barnsley supporters that much better off? No, they are just more passionate and willing to support their team at all costs.

Our support is frankly pathetic. We've sold what 400 tickets so far for a local derby at Huddersfield. We might shift 1000 if we are lucky.

The Wednesday game, it will be less, and again we will be a laughing stock. Another example of why we shouldn't be in this league.

How stupid do you have to be to decide that we shouldn't be in a particular league because of  the number of away tickets we have or havent sold?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012