Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 11:56:32 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Dieng vs Lawlor  (Read 5020 times)

5 on Tour

• Forum Member
Dieng vs Lawlor
« on September 21, 2019, 05:38:20 pm by 5 on Tour »
Dieng was very very good today. In his first league game for us. Didn’t get to see how good a shot stopper he is today(he made a few vs Grimsby) but he was very good at dealing with crosses and commanded his box. My wife said wow when he came out to take the diagonal ball off Tomey’s head in the first half - she is that used to Lawlor planted in his 6 yard box.

Lawlor is not a bad keeper at all but Dieng looks very capable and very confident.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
Re: Dieng vs Lawlor
« Reply #1 on September 21, 2019, 05:39:13 pm by drfcsteve »
Much more confidence in Dieng.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on September 21, 2019, 05:40:51 pm by glosterred »
Dieng commanded his box better, came for the ball. Looked better than Lawlor

COYR

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 21, 2019, 05:41:30 pm by sha66y »
I think the defence felt at ease too...

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 21, 2019, 05:49:56 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Conversation would be different if Toneys header goes in when he ran out into no man's land. Other than that decent game

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on September 21, 2019, 05:53:47 pm by sha66y »
Conversation would be different if Toneys header goes in when he ran out into no man's land. Other than that decent game

Maybe!....maybe not!....depends if you see a negative after a positive

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on September 21, 2019, 05:56:16 pm by Copps is Magic »
I'd wait to judge Dieng in a game where he's got more to do. We controlled the game today so its too early to tell. I think they only had about 2 or 3 corners.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on September 21, 2019, 06:09:35 pm by drfchound »
I'd wait to judge Dieng in a game where he's got more to do. We controlled the game today so its too early to tell. I think they only had about 2 or 3 corners.

He was very good today and that catch on the 18 yard line was superb, totally takes the pressure off the defenders.
I haven’t seen him play up to today but liked what I saw.

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 21, 2019, 06:09:57 pm by rich1471 »
He scared me with the ball at his feet as you did not know what he was going to do with it , but he did command his box well and when we were attacking came and stood outside his 18 yard box ready to mop up the early ball over the top

Robbo

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on September 21, 2019, 06:11:33 pm by Robbo »
Never mind the defence felt better, more comfortable, I was too. Thought Dieng was confident too. Look at it another way, personally I think he did enough to warrant at least a few starts and see how he goes.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on September 21, 2019, 06:15:21 pm by selby »
  Copps. just imagine you were a central defender for us for the last two years, having to deal with every cross more than two yards from the goal line. What would you think?

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on September 21, 2019, 06:17:18 pm by Copps is Magic »
What do I think? I think we've conceded only 7 goals all season, and Lawlor has done absolutely nothing wrong.

I think our fans are very very quick to turn on our own.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on September 21, 2019, 06:21:25 pm by glosterred »
What do I think? I think we've conceded only 7 goals all season, and Lawlor has done absolutely nothing wrong.

His pass to the Blackpool striker, although it didn’t come to anything, it wasn’t a good move on his part

COYR

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on September 21, 2019, 06:25:37 pm by DonnyOsmond »

His pass to the Blackpool striker, although it didn’t come to anything, it wasn’t a good move on his part

COYR

More than half of Marquis' passes last season went to the opposition, why is Lawlor hung up to dry after one?

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on September 21, 2019, 06:29:39 pm by glosterred »

COYR

More than half of Marquis' passes last season went to the opposition, why is Lawlor hung up to dry after one?

Maybe because Lawlor is a keeper and Marquis isn’t. And if you look hard enough you’ll see I’ve defended him in other posts after the Blackpool game

COYR

Paul Simpson

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on September 21, 2019, 06:38:17 pm by Paul Simpson »
Too early to compare dieng and Lawlor imo. I like Lawlor and he’s still a young keeper learning his trade. He’s made some fantastic saves .

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on September 21, 2019, 06:48:40 pm by selby »
  Cops, he cost us two points at Rochdale, stuck on his line while a nothing cross went in, the goal for Rotherham sailed in 40 yards while he did his Coco the clown falling down act, with that effort Tuesday that is why Darren Moore has made the change. Three poor goals to give away in different games, plus numerous other panics at the back in not that many games.
  He was given the chance to make the position his own, he has fluffed it again. He can pull off the fantastic reaction  save, but every team is going to put the ball right under his cross bar, because his weakness is coming and claiming a cross, much like the bloody big German we had.

john_donc857

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on September 21, 2019, 06:49:19 pm by john_donc857 »
Two good keepers! How lucky are we

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on September 21, 2019, 06:52:10 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Dieng player a blinder today, dealy with some meaty challenges, always up for it, calm controlled, and making good decisions. Lawlor should make good use of a bit of time out.

Robbo

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on September 21, 2019, 07:04:17 pm by Robbo »
  Cops, he cost us two points at Rochdale, stuck on his line while a nothing cross went in, the goal for Rotherham sailed in 40 yards while he did his Coco the clown falling down act, with that effort Tuesday that is why Darren Moore has made the change. Three poor goals to give away in different games, plus numerous other panics at the back in not that many games.
  He was given the chance to make the position his own, he has fluffed it again. He can pull off the fantastic reaction  save, but every team is going to put the ball right under his cross bar, because his weakness is coming and claiming a cross, much like the bloody big German we had.
Exactly that. Good post.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on September 21, 2019, 08:00:24 pm by RoversAlias »
Moore got it spot on today. Dieng a big part of why we looked so comfortable at the back. Commanded the box brilliantly and made their forwards think twice about the high balls. Made some good saves too.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on September 21, 2019, 08:00:47 pm by Alan Southstand »
Dieng the better keeper - end of!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 09:35:53 pm by Alan Southstand »

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on September 21, 2019, 08:14:05 pm by Campsall rover »
Deing is for me the better keeper.

Played against Hudds Town and Hull City in pre season friendlies and looked very assured at shot stopping and crosses into the box.
I was very surprised DM started the league with Lawlor in goal.

I could see DM’s frustration at Lawlor’ lack of confidence to come for crosses in the Rotherham match when he was quizzing Paul Gerrard on the touch line after he failed for the third time in fairly quick succession to come for a ball which should have been his.

So it was no surprise after he failed to come for the cross which Blackpool scored from that he has made this change.
Could be a long season on bench for Lawlor now, as Deing looks the real deal to me. 

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on September 21, 2019, 08:23:44 pm by jmt23 »
I was shocked to see Lawlor start the season too, Dieng was brilliant in the pre season games, but the one thing that worries me is when its at his feet, he is far too confident, and bound to get one wrong. He is a really interesting talent though, and needs signing if we can.

Spilsby Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on September 21, 2019, 08:25:04 pm by Spilsby Red »
Dieng for me. Lawlor is good but Dieng brings more. Very commanding in his box which put the defence at ease. His distribution is second to none.

jackthelad

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on September 21, 2019, 08:33:41 pm by jackthelad »
It's hard to say so early on, I think they both probably have a clanger in them, but generally speaking I think they're both quite decent goalkeepers overall.

Diengs distribution is clearly better than Lawlors though and for that reason I think he will play more this season if he stays beyond January.  Moore likes us playing from the back and Dieng is well suited to that.
He will have the shirt next week im sure after today.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on September 21, 2019, 08:54:57 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Ideal game to drop Lawlor Fergie would  know all his weakness's better than most so no doubt would have set up to exploit them    Sorry DF ya got it wrong

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on September 22, 2019, 10:14:53 am by idler »
Hopefully Dieng’s reading of the game and confidence on crosses will rub off on Ian. I’m sure if I was a keepe I would be asking the other keepers and coach to help me improve.
I think there was only one weak punch yesterday in an otherwise faultless display. The whole defensive unit looks solid though. Moore must have been very happy with the teamwork and application of the players. A complete team performance.

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on September 22, 2019, 10:25:51 am by drfcsteve »
Lawler is a fantastic shot stopper but can't do the basics unfortunately. We're much more likely to concede from crosses and corners than from 1 on 1s, so I'd rather have a keeper than can come and claim the ball and nullify the more dangerous threat. Like others have said if Dieng had played every game we'd have conceded fewer goals.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on September 22, 2019, 10:32:55 am by Colin C No.3 »
It's hard to say so early on, I think they both probably have a clanger in them, but generally speaking I think they're both quite decent goalkeepers overall.

Diengs distribution is clearly better than Lawlors though and for that reason I think he will play more this season if he stays beyond January.  Moore likes us playing from the back and Dieng is well suited to that.
He will have the shirt next week im sure after today.
It’s not ‘distribution’, it’s ‘decision making’.....allegedly.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012