Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 11:50:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Mr Whiteman  (Read 7063 times)

5 on Tour

• Forum Member
Mr Whiteman
« on January 22, 2020, 02:42:45 pm by 5 on Tour »
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/the72.co.uk/155358/derby-county-blackburn-rovers-and-barnsley-lining-up-moves-for-doncaster-rovers-skipper-ben-whiteman/amp/%3futm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=derby-county-blackburn-rovers-and-barnsley-lining-up-moves-for-doncaster-rovers-skipper-ben-whiteman

We’ve known people are going to be interested in him but clubs now being linked. Derby, Blackburn and Barnsley.

Hopefully the love he seems to have for DM and his development will keep him here if bids do materialise.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

IDM

• VSC Member
Re: Mr Whiteman
« Reply #1 on January 22, 2020, 02:44:09 pm by IDM »
I would be very surprised if there wasn’t any genuine interest in one of our best players.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 22, 2020, 02:46:08 pm by Retdon1 »
As much as he’s a very good player and key to us I have no issue with us cashing in on him if we get silly money for him. A few million pound will give Moore a much better chance of re shaping the squad with permanent signings that are good quality. The more interest in him the better as it will drive his value up

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on January 22, 2020, 02:53:39 pm by Donnywolf »
Huddersfield  :crying:

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 22, 2020, 02:56:41 pm by wing commander »
    I guess that depends if Rovers are prepared to write off this season and start from absolutely nothing next year.Copps isn't guranteed to be here next year and there is going to come a point were he fades,and if Whiteman leaves too then what have we actually got left that is ours from defence upwards?? 9/10 of absolutely nothing..

Thats why i shake my head when i listen to DM saying Coventry have been building that team for 2 or 3 years.We build a team around  5-6 months then start again..

We simply have to keep him and with Anderson start to work around a spine of a team..

anton123

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 22, 2020, 02:57:43 pm by anton123 »
As much as he’s a very good player and key to us I have no issue with us cashing in on him if we get silly money for him. A few million pound will give Moore a much better chance of re shaping the squad with permanent signings that are good quality. The more interest in him the better as it will drive his value up
I said the exact same thing when the bid came in for marquis and look where that got us

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 22, 2020, 02:58:41 pm by steve@dcfd »
First move in to replace Mr Whiteman then when he’s gone the other deals come into play.
We might even sign one of our loans?
There again he could stay

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 22, 2020, 03:01:51 pm by Retdon1 »
I said the exact same thing when the bid came in for marquis and look where that got us

True, I suppose there’s no point in having money available if u can’t spend it

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 22, 2020, 03:19:42 pm by drfc1951 »
People getting their knickers in a twist again about a rumour

5 on Tour

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 22, 2020, 03:21:04 pm by 5 on Tour »
People getting their knickers in a twist again about a rumour

That’s a good talking point. Thanks mate. Very helpful.

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on January 22, 2020, 03:22:03 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
Balls in our court. He's our captain. Loves it here. Recently signed a new contract.

£4 million at the very least. Plus add-ons.

(May I add, I don't think anything will come of this, but here we go.)

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 22, 2020, 03:23:33 pm by Metalmicky »
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/the72.co.uk/155358/derby-county-blackburn-rovers-and-barnsley-lining-up-moves-for-doncaster-rovers-skipper-ben-whiteman/amp/%3futm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=derby-county-blackburn-rovers-and-barnsley-lining-up-moves-for-doncaster-rovers-skipper-ben-whiteman

We’ve known people are going to be interested in him but clubs now being linked. Derby, Blackburn and Barnsley.

Hopefully the love he seems to have for DM and his development will keep him here if bids do materialise.

TBF the article is written by a student and could therefore be a total work of fiction........... time will tell

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 22, 2020, 03:29:44 pm by Retdon1 »
Anyone know if blades have a sell on ?

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on January 22, 2020, 03:30:18 pm by selby »
  Surely if the offer to Whiteman, if we allow clubs to talk to him, is life changing for the lad he has to think of himself, and the life it can bring to his family.
  The club however have to think of what they can get out of any transfer, and as I understand Sheffield United have a good sell on clause  so we have to drive the best bargain we can,and not let him go cheap.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on January 22, 2020, 03:42:56 pm by Alan Southstand »
Well, selling Marquis didn’t do much for us, did it?

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on January 22, 2020, 03:47:49 pm by Drover »
Theo Robinson £150,000,I managed to forget about that,back in my mind now drat,😒

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on January 22, 2020, 03:55:30 pm by Metalmicky »
Theo Robinson £150,000,I managed to forget about that,back in my mind now drat,😒

Currently still on the books of Southend Utd and on loan at Colchester............ his sixteenth club I believe.  Although he seems to have been around for ages he is still only 30 and a one in 4 striker.......... worth a punt?   :ohmy:

Reesielad

• Forum Member
Mr Whiteman
« Reply #18 on January 22, 2020, 03:57:16 pm by Reesielad »
If he goes, he goes. We move on. I would imagine part of his new contract contains a release fee, so we’ll have to wait and see.

Derby sold a CM today to Oxford, that might fuel speculation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on January 22, 2020, 04:03:10 pm by vaya »

Currently still on the books of Southend Utd and on loan at Colchester............ his sixteenth club I believe.  Although he seems to have been around for ages he is still only 30 and a one in 4 striker.......... worth a punt?   :ohmy:

Scores on debut a lot.

Sign him on repeated weekly contracts. Goals guaranteed.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on January 22, 2020, 04:06:02 pm by drfchound »
Mmmmmm, well if Ben does leave I suppose the training ground could be further improved.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on January 22, 2020, 04:12:09 pm by Metalmicky »
Mmmmmm, well if Ben does leave I suppose the training ground could be further improved.

Well them nets don't pay for themselves you know... :ermm:

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on January 22, 2020, 04:18:26 pm by steve@dcfd »
If he goes, he goes. We move on. I would imagine part of his new contract contains a release fee, so we’ll have to wait and see.

Derby sold a CM today to Oxford, that might fuel speculation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
George Thorne is a defensive midfield player who has been injury prone. He was loaned to Oxford but damaged his shoulder in September he’s been signe by Oxford till the end of the season, good signing if he can retain his fitness. But not been playing at Derby so whether it’s relevant don’t know.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on January 22, 2020, 04:30:42 pm by bpoolrover »
A defo no for me at least until summer were finding it hard to get players now so doubt we would be able to replace him in this window

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on January 22, 2020, 04:32:30 pm by drfchound »
Keep him until we get a replacement?

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on January 22, 2020, 04:42:07 pm by roversdude »
Better still just keep him

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on January 22, 2020, 04:59:42 pm by DearneValleyRover »
I don’t know why we are having the comparison with Marquis, he didn’t want to be at Donny and made it quite clear where as Ben does.

DINGLE

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on January 22, 2020, 05:00:29 pm by DINGLE »
Hope he’s better than that lump we’ve just offed to Hull if we are after him.

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on January 22, 2020, 05:01:52 pm by grayx »
Keep him until we get a replacement?
We seem to find it difficult to find replacements.

5 on Tour

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on January 22, 2020, 05:03:28 pm by 5 on Tour »
I’m sure if he does leave we will have 2 replacements lined up with considerably better records...

TinyPortal © 2005-2012