Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 05:01:21 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Jonny Taylor  (Read 3420 times)

5 on Tour

• Forum Member
Jonny Taylor
« on February 29, 2020, 02:15:28 pm by 5 on Tour »
Has he run over DM’s cat or something? Yet again on the bench.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
Re: Jonny Taylor
« Reply #1 on February 29, 2020, 02:20:19 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Big squad. Someone needs to miss out.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 29, 2020, 02:28:31 pm by Filo »

Contracted players being pissed off in favour of other clubs players is not conducive to a happy dressing room

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on February 29, 2020, 02:31:42 pm by ravenrover »
You have inside info Filo?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 29, 2020, 02:42:55 pm by Filo »
You have inside info Filo?

No just my opinion

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 29, 2020, 02:57:41 pm by Rovers91 »
Strange especially last time he started he scored and then straight out of the team.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on February 29, 2020, 03:38:19 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

Contracted players being pissed off in favour of other clubs players is not conducive to a happy dressing room

Sadlier has played well on the right hand side of the front three and would be many peoples choice to start. But no, you can find another negative slant on it. Good job Cameron John didn't make the starting line up eh!?

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on February 29, 2020, 05:24:08 pm by Spud »
It's a big squad, especially in the wide attacking areas we've almost too many options. Glad to see Sads back in the team & on the scoreboard today, Jon is the latest to suffer, especially as it sounds like Loliko had a good showing today.
Tough job for Darren keeping the squad happy & I understand if quality players become available to him he's hardly gonna turn em down, just hope we're not back to square one in the summer again, especially if the contracted players think they're better off elsewhere.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 29, 2020, 06:23:38 pm by RoversAlias »

Complete conjecture though, we've no idea if it causes any disharmony in the squad.

I'd like the manager to pick the best side to win the game regardless of who is contracted. He did that today and we won. To be honest, Taylor did nothing off the bench last week so I'm not surprised he wasn't used today.

Sadlier and Ennis were both excellent in the role Taylor would have provided.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 29, 2020, 06:36:49 pm by Campsall rover »

That’s complete nonsense imo. Where is your evidence that team spirit is affected by loan players starting.
We now have a decent size squad so he can only play 11 at the start and use a max 3 subs.
Some are going to miss out aren’t they.
We moaned when the squad was short and now some are moaning because it’s too big.  :headbang:

Nothing wrong with the team spirit based on the last 52 mins + 5 mins injury time today.
We just never got going until we scored then we played some excellent football and could have had 5/6 goals with a little more luck and some better refereeing decisions.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 10:46:56 pm by Campsall rover »

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on February 29, 2020, 06:38:28 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
On the flip side, the 3 wide players ahead of him got the goals.....

I do think he has been hard done by but we have a lot of options.  Copps is another missing out right now too.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on February 29, 2020, 06:51:48 pm by Filo »

That’s complete nonsense imo. Where is your evidence that team spirit is affected by loan players starting.
We now have a decent size squad so he can only play 11 at the start and use a max 3 subs.
We moaned when the squad was short and now some are moaning because it’s top big.  :headbang:

Nothing wrong with the team spirit based on the last 52 mins + 5 mins injury time today.
We just never got going until we scored then we played some excellent football and could have had 5/6 goals with a little more luck and some better refereeing decisions.

I have no evidence, if you’d bother to read my reply to another poster rather than jumping in you will see that it is just my opinion, of which I’m entitled to

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on February 29, 2020, 06:55:43 pm by MachoMadness »
Taylor would've been bullied today I think. A case where it was a good idea to pick the team based on the opposition.

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on February 29, 2020, 07:37:11 pm by The Beast »
People were moaning about lack of squad strength 5 weeks ago, now they’re moaning about too much strength, give me strength! Jesus wept!  :suicide:

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 29, 2020, 07:44:08 pm by Campsall rover »

We moaned when the squad was short and now some are moaning because it’s top big.  :headbang:

I have no evidence, if you’d bother to read my reply to another poster rather than jumping in you will see that it is just my opinion, of which I’m entitled to
I know it’s your opinion and of course you are entitled to it Filo.  All i am saying is i disagree with you which i also am also entitled to do.
It’s a forum for opinions and i was not jumping in, i was just saying what i thought to your suggestion that team spirit is affected by playing loan players.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on February 29, 2020, 07:55:53 pm by Filo »

I know it’s your opinion and of course you are entitled to it Filo.  All i am saying is i disagree with you which i also am also entitled to do.
It’s a forum for opinions and i was not jumping in, i was just saying what i thought to your suggestion that team spirit is affected by playing loan players.

You were asking for evidence, when I’d already stated it was just my opinion, disagree with me by all means, but don’t go looking for an argument that is n’t there

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on February 29, 2020, 10:41:24 pm by Campsall rover »

You were asking for evidence, when I’d already stated it was just my opinion, disagree with me by all means, but don’t go looking for an argument that is n’t there
Filo i promise you i am not looking for an argument. That’s the last thing i am looking for.
You said something which was pretty controversial imo and i disagreed with you about it. That’s not picking an argument.
Not much point in this forum if we can’t disagree with each other.

« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 11:02:08 pm by Campsall rover »

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on February 29, 2020, 10:58:41 pm by bpoolrover »
To be fair he has been playing pretty well and no doubt will be annoyed he is being left out who wouldn’t? Its always the problem with so many loan players you can’t keep everyone happy

Graham Hirst

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on February 29, 2020, 11:52:19 pm by Graham Hirst »
Think managers ego got in the way during a conversation between 3 players, probably went along lines of, any problems come and see me as long as your not saying something I don't want to hear

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on March 01, 2020, 08:50:24 am by ravenrover »
What???

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on March 01, 2020, 10:01:52 am by IDM »
To be fair he has been playing pretty well and no doubt will be annoyed he is being left out who wouldn’t? Its always the problem with so many loan players you can’t keep everyone happy

It’s irrelevant whether players are loanees or not..

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on March 01, 2020, 12:03:03 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Think managers ego got in the way during a conversation between 3 players, probably went along lines of, any problems come and see me as long as your not saying something I don't want to hear

Yeah. I'm 150% certain that's the case. No evidence mind, but I'm still certain.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012