Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 11:32:01 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: League One January transfers thread  (Read 27755 times)

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
Re: League One January transfers thread
« Reply #210 on January 21, 2020, 07:04:55 pm by DearneValleyRover »
There will be signings this summer and possibly one before Friday

Before Friday? Bloody Hell, I hope we're not being too hasty!

Yeah but please note that he only said “possibly”.

It doesn’t mean it isn’t happening though

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #211 on January 21, 2020, 07:10:29 pm by drfchound »
There will be signings this summer and possibly one before Friday

Before Friday? Bloody Hell, I hope we're not being too hasty!

Yeah but please note that he only said “possibly”.

It doesn’t mean it isn’t happening though

Too many people speak in riddles on here.
I suppose I could say there could well be a really good player signing for us in the next couple of days.
If it happens I would be able to say I told you so.
If it doesn’t I would be able to say that i only said it could be happening.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #212 on January 21, 2020, 07:21:56 pm by DearneValleyRover »
No riddles at all

Donnybob

• Forum Member
« Reply #213 on January 21, 2020, 08:00:23 pm by Donnybob »
Don't suppose anyone has considered that potential signings might read this board to see what sort of fan base they will be expected to please and had second thoughts.

Manager clearly has no idea, taken us as far as he can, board has no ambition, player falls out of favour - get rid, cheap option club, relegation budget, going nowhere, etc, etc.

Obviously one win later and it's our year again, play-off at least, good enough for top two.

I mean, would you ...

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #214 on January 21, 2020, 08:02:18 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Don't suppose anyone has considered that potential signings might read this board to see what sort of fan base they will be expected to please and had second thoughts.

Manager clearly has no idea, taken us as far as he can, board has no ambition, player falls out of favour - get rid, cheap option club, relegation budget, going nowhere, etc, etc.

Obviously one win later and it's our year again, play-off at least, good enough for top two.

I mean, would you ...

You talk some tripe

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #215 on January 21, 2020, 08:12:47 pm by NickDRFC »

I mean, would you ...

No, and if it does happen I’d not sure I’d want someone with that mentality playing for us anyway. First time he gets a dodgy shout from the crowd he’d be sulking and faking injuries.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #216 on January 21, 2020, 08:23:07 pm by drfchound »

I mean, would you ...

I don’t understand why people think that our fans are any different to fans of other clubs with thoughts and comments.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #217 on January 21, 2020, 08:26:53 pm by Campsall rover »

I mean, would you ...

I don’t understand why people think that our fans are any different to fans of other clubs with thoughts and comments.
Exactly hound we have as many miserable so & so’s supporting us as all the other clubs.
Unfortunately.  :crying:

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #218 on January 21, 2020, 09:51:52 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
https://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/sport/football/darren-moore-has-cure-transfer-market-fatigue-doncaster-rovers-you-just-need-be-patient-liam-hoden-column-1371754

So Hoden's latest piece supports what S_M has been saying all along. There is no problem. Swipes at the board, GB, Blunt etc are unfounded.

Let's jusr see what evolves.

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
« Reply #219 on January 21, 2020, 10:07:23 pm by Donny Exile in York »
So plan A is waiting to see if Idah becomes available again and plan B is probably one of the other names banded about and denied to date.. the Shrewsbury or Southend forwards... that's my take on it without the vision others on here have..
« Last Edit: January 21, 2020, 10:09:40 pm by Donny Exile in York »

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #220 on January 21, 2020, 10:09:26 pm by Campsall rover »
https://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/sport/football/darren-moore-has-cure-transfer-market-fatigue-doncaster-rovers-you-just-need-be-patient-liam-hoden-column-1371754

So Hoden's latest piece supports what S_M has been saying all along. There is no problem. Swipes at the board, GB, Blunt etc are unfounded.

Let's jusr see what evolves.
The word is Patience. It’s in very short supply. All will be well. DM has it all under control. The board are backing him etc etc etc.
Maybe all the concern is unfounded. Well that’s a shock. Not.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #221 on January 21, 2020, 10:11:18 pm by IDM »
So plan A is waiting to see if Idah becomes available again and plan B is probably one of the other names banded about and denied to date.. the Shrewsbury or Southend forwards... that's my take on it without the vision others on here have..

How do you work that out.?

DM said the other day that his targets hadn’t been identified in the media..

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #222 on January 21, 2020, 10:15:03 pm by steve@dcfd »
Donny Exile did you read the article

“His ‘Plan A’, for want of a better term, is still active and remains a distinct possibility. Multiple deals, dependent on each other for Moore’s overall plan and triggered by each other.

Moore is comfortable with the wait, preferring not to divert his attention and miss out on his top choices - those who he sees as most right for the club - due to his own actions.”

“And is he also confident he can quickly enact ‘Plan B’ if required in the final days of the window.”

So his Plan A is not one player and his plan B is not either.

It’s what SM said one player in could then trigger other actions. What those actions are we wait and see when the trigger is pulled.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #223 on January 21, 2020, 10:19:36 pm by Alan Southstand »
IF the trigger is pulled?

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
« Reply #224 on January 21, 2020, 10:24:30 pm by Donny Exile in York »
Still think Idah is part of plan A.. and not great playing poker til so late in the window dependent on other deals triggering the possibility of our deals.. meanwhile another game against Sunderland will no doubt go by with no strengthening and a relatively weak bench beyond a good first IX..

I can only think that DM doesn't want to bring only one forward in and it might be a case of two in at once but I admit I have absolutely no clue why one deal would have a knock on affect for another or multiple deals stevedrfc.. your guess is as good as mine..

Would be happy with the Southend or Shrewsbury lad or both.. albeit I would hope Humphrys is not Curtis Main Mark 2..

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #225 on January 21, 2020, 10:31:04 pm by steve@dcfd »
I’ll keep my paper dry what I think about one deal affecting other deals I have my own idea but we will see how or if it works out.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #226 on January 21, 2020, 10:51:42 pm by Colin C No.3 »

I mean, would you ...

Please tell me you had your tongue firmly in your cheek when you wrote that post?

Jeez.....it takes me all my effort & a whisky or two before visiting the site these days!

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
« Reply #227 on January 21, 2020, 11:08:52 pm by Donny Exile in York »

How do you work that out.?

DM said the other day that his targets hadn’t been identified in the media..

Just an opinion.. you are allowed those on here!

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #228 on January 21, 2020, 11:23:23 pm by IDM »
Having an opinion isn’t the issue..

But if you express something that warrants questioning, it’s ok to question isn’t it.?

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
« Reply #229 on January 21, 2020, 11:35:40 pm by Donny Exile in York »
Its an uneducated guess... that's all it is but I make no bones about it.. however if its multiple deals then I wont even try to guess.. all will come out in the wash by 31st January should we sign anyone.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #230 on January 21, 2020, 11:37:29 pm by IDM »
I can’t even begin to guess - will find out when anything gets announced.!

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #231 on January 22, 2020, 08:35:06 am by Wild Rover »
Deals are done, agreement has been reached. Now it's just a matter of timing, e.g. who comes in first will affect the deals that follow.

These must be "Loan" deals then Martin.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #232 on January 22, 2020, 09:40:05 am by Retdon1 »
Could today be the day

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #233 on January 22, 2020, 10:48:24 am by Alan Southstand »
There are several scenario’s as to what may trigger anything. But one such scenario could be that if we sign ‘prime candidate A’, off the A list, and he is a loan, then that could trigger (say) the other deals, whether off lists A, B or Z, becoming permanent, as we’d have our maximum 5 loans.

Just a thought.

Another scenario could be 3 in, 1 out, or any other combination.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #234 on January 22, 2020, 10:56:59 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
There are several scenario’s as to what may trigger anything. But one such scenario could be that if we sign ‘prime candidate A’, off the A list, and he is a loan, then that could trigger (say) the other deals, whether off lists A, B or Z, becoming permanent, as we’d have our maximum 5 loans.

Just a thought.

I don't think you'd be far off.  Likely that Prime target A is agreed but dependant on his clubs other business. That would then determine financially which other targets fall into place.

Likely Plan A or Plan B could be activated quickly. Both plans could contain A list players! Ha ha!!

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #235 on January 22, 2020, 11:08:26 am by IDM »

Just a thought.

I have no idea but don’t forget during the first half of the season we had 6 loanees.. the maximum of 5 is only in any one matchday squad.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying we should have that many, but in theory we could get a couple more in on loan..

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #236 on January 22, 2020, 11:32:04 am by ravenrover »
I’ll keep my paper dry what I think about one deal affecting other deals I have my own idea but we will see how or if it works out.
Why bother posting this?

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #237 on January 22, 2020, 11:47:35 am by Metalmicky »
Why bother posting this?

Especially as he means keep his powder dry......

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #238 on January 22, 2020, 11:54:29 am by Not Now Kato »
Why bother posting this?

Especially as he means keep his powder dry......

He might have meant keep his Toilet Paper dry?  You wouldn't expect him to wipe his bum with wet Toilet Paper now, would you   :turd:

RugbyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #239 on January 22, 2020, 12:12:55 pm by RugbyRover »

are you thinking that the "one deal affecting others" means that we are waiting for Whiteman's move to Hull before funds are released to enable us to buy some players?............. :ohmy:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012