Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 12:30:51 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Facebook  (Read 1040 times)

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
Facebook
« on September 05, 2018, 11:02:36 am by roverstillidie91 »
Wow cannot believe this about social media websites refusing access for criminal investigations.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6132083/Detectives-investigating-Lucy-McHugh-murder-waiting-Facebook-hand-suspects-password.html

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
Re: Facebook
« Reply #1 on September 05, 2018, 02:54:50 pm by Not Now Kato »
Wow cannot believe this about social media websites refusing access for criminal investigations.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6132083/Detectives-investigating-Lucy-McHugh-murder-waiting-Facebook-hand-suspects-password.html

They are not refusing.  There is a process that has to be adhered to, that's all, the required passwords will be given to the police in the UK when that process is complete.

Of course, the lying Daily Mail headlines won't tell you that.  Why do people read and believe such a lying piece of garbage?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on September 05, 2018, 03:47:44 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Given that FB have went through a shitstorm for selling personal data it's understandable that they're being very careful with it now.

And the 'very protracted procedure' is the same use of going through a Police Collator that I had to when asking for their information when I was in Customs & Excise. The police don't hand out their info to just anyone who asks, you know!

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on September 06, 2018, 04:22:35 pm by ravenrover »
Didn't something similar happen with Apple refusing to give a password for a "criminals" phone did that ever get sorted?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 06, 2018, 04:33:38 pm by RedJ »
Something like that, they wouldn't give the FBI I think it was access to someone's iPhone who'd committed a crime.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012